• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
My car has satellite radio and came with a free three month trial. I never saw the point of it...until I actually tried it, and then wound up renewing my subscription. There's just so much more variety than FM radio, you don't have to worry about going out of range and having to find new stations on a long drive, etc.

Although most of the time I listen to music and podcasts on my phone since I have a long commute.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I listen to the radio, stream through Google Play Music, or listen to local music that I have on my phone usually when I'm in the car. I broke my CD player years ago by leaving a CD in it for years lol, but no big loss there.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
The only time satellite served any purpose to me is when I was making a cross-country trip from Carolina to Colorado in a rent-a-car that happened to have it. Made it easier while driving, we could listen to our Colorado stations all the way there.

I prefer the reliability of local media. I pick what I play, and it's always there.

I like to listen to songs I really like over and over, and FM radio just doesn't do that. Too bad, eh?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My car has satellite radio and came with a free three month trial. I never saw the point of it...until I actually tried it, and then wound up renewing my subscription. There's just so much more variety than FM radio, you don't have to worry about going out of range and having to find new stations on a long drive, etc.

^ this! I'm listening to FM radio less and less because of satellite radio, and that's because I'm always bothered by commercials. With satellite radio, I can be more entertained by more music, and less talk & commercials. Best of all, since I travel internationally every other weekend, the radio goes with me no matter where I go. :D

Years
I live in an area served by a rather large radio market so I have plenty to listen to on the radio.. in fact the one station I usually listen to provides commercial-free music all the time, so I'm satisfied with that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I live in an area served by a rather large radio market so I have plenty to listen to on the radio.. in fact the one station I usually listen to provides commercial-free music all the time, so I'm satisfied with that.

How the heck do they afford that? That sounds like heaven.

Years
How the heck do they afford that? That sounds like heaven.
It really is, to be honest xD though it's not a really strong signal either so some days I can't pick it up clearly. I believe it's just a simulcast of an HD radio station in my area on an FM frequency and doesn't have that strong of a transmission power.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I don't get a very strong signal on sunny days where I work on one of the radio stations I listen to. I get interference from Richmond :/ on cloudy/rainy days though no interference, lol.

Years
I've picked up FM transmissions at night sometimes as far away as Ocala, Gainesville and even Jacksonville, which are between 100-200 miles away from me. I bet if I listened in on AM frequencies, I could make it to Georgia Alabama or maybe even South Carolina.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
When I went to buy a dedicated radio just to get better reception for FM radio of my favourite stations, it was slightly surprising to see they still sell tape decks and the kind of radio where it's as large as a closed laptop, has wooden panelling, and needs to be powered.

Being a mobile person, I decided to pay quite a lot more and just got something that was just small enough - something that fits in my shirt pocket, but still comes with its own telescoping antenna (this is the important part) and speakers.

Years
That reminds me.. I saw a portable HD radio the other day at Kmart for $49.99.. not really going to buy it though because what would be the point in it being portable when I would want to listen to it at home?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think it's more important that the Sony AM/FM radio I got has a headphones jack. This comes in very handy since I prefer keeping my listening private, even at home. It's also less likely to disturb other people, especially in the middle of the night.

That said, I think I really should get a dedicated media player that handles everything. Perhaps even something like an Android Walkman or an iPod Touch to dip my toes in the other app ecosystems.

Years
Hmm, maybe I just went crazy yesterday or something, unless my phone is playing games.. because it didn't drain anywhere near as much battery overnight this morning that it did yesterday...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well, what was different from yesterday? Cause that's likely what changed it.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm, maybe I just went crazy yesterday or something, unless my phone is playing games.. because it didn't drain anywhere near as much battery overnight this morning that it did yesterday...

Hmm...

I have an idea.

Now that you've figured out how to use the phone, you might as well as try to use it to 50%. Then charge it, and leave it plugged in. Then unplug it just before you go to sleep and do nothing else.

See how much charge is lost over your sleeping period.

(By the way, did you charge the phone before turning it on for the first time? If yes, did you unplug it as soon as it reached 100%, or did you wait for a few more hours before doing so?)

Years
I really don't remember haha

I think I did its first charge on the computer though after a few hours of playing around with it, and left it plugged in all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back