• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The things you should improve

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Is there anything related to roleplaying in the Roleplay Theatre that you aren't quite happy about, when it comes to your own effort? If you take a moment to think about it, what should/could you personally improve in order to become a better forum RPer?

If anything, haha.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I need to refresh myself on punctuating after snippets of dialogue, correctly placing that comma either in or out of those end quotation marks. I see a lot of people doing it differently 'round these parts, so either they're wrong or I'm wrong.​

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I've been neglecting the importance and convenience of the semicolon. Time to cut out some future conjunctions.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
wel my gramer is impecabel so im not gona say anythig abuot tht

It would have to be activity and motivation for me. Unrelated to inspiration, I lose my motivation pretty easily depending on the circumstances. My activity level is notably low, as well, even with the necessary drive—lower than it should be, considering it's certainly not for lack of free time.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Everything.

But, I guess I mostly wish my vocabulary and list of idioms were more expansive and creative. Sometimes, I feel like I visit that terrible Hell that's home to really redundant writing.

Years
I could do with improving the quality of my writing a little. All too often my writing doesn't quite match up to the grand scheme of the story or scene I'm imagining.

Mostly though I just need to get through writers block. I have this issue where I tend to know exactly what I want to write but I just cannot get the words out.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Uh. Does participating more count? Yeah, I think it does.

I most certainly need to actually join something sometime, so I can work on improving my terrible writing.

I also need to work on writers block as I normally have awesome ideas only for them to turn into a fart in the wind. Then I end up writing some crap just to get a post up.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I would absolutely have to say my motivation and in conjunction with that, my SUs and creating characters I actually want to RP as. The RPs that I've lost interest in and left from have usually been because I just didn't like my character all that much and wasn't sure how to progress with them.

The ones I did like, I was much more active and excited about writing a post with them.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Motivation to actually put my ideas down in to words. And then my general writing style and process. I don't usually plan things out unless I know it's going to take a lot of time to bring my ideas to word and tend to just wing it when I'm writing most things. I might start out thinking a post will go one way but then when I get to a certain point in writing my mind just wanders to something else or I kind of just black out momentarily and end up with several more paragraphs than I remember and then I just carry on with whatever idea I had once I read back through it all. I don't really like the way that I phrase things a lot of times either or the way that I describe interactions between characters or the environment. So basically I just want to improve upon everything as a whole and make it so that I can enjoy my own writing more at the very least. First step would probably be to expand my vocabulary. There's a lot of words that I know, but I don't know how to actually use them so I end up forgetting them when I go to describe someone or something. And then there's just a lot of words that better fit what I'm trying to convey a lot of times and I don't find or remember them until days later.

Back