• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Krokodil - the world's most deadly drug?

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUH8llvTZo

Please be warned, the video is graphic.

Krokodil is a Russian drug that turns the skin scaly and rots the flesh from the inside, thus giving it its name. Many Russians are turning to Krokodil because it is cheaper than heroin, their main drug of choice. Could this be the world's most deadly narcotic? Do you think that this drug will ever find its way to the United States and become routinely used? If so, what do you prophesize would happen?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
if it make people feel good then illegal or not, its getting to America. like, only way to keep something out of America is to not let America hear about it. If this isn't a new drug than it probably already here (when we started doing bathsalts, I stopped thinking we had a line we didn't want to cross)

Years
Krokodil is the street name for desomorphine, an opioid. It's not the drug itself that causes the side effects, it's the horrendous impurities. I don't think this would ever come to or catch on in the States. There's already access to highly pure drugs from South and Central America, and I don't know if there's a market for low-quality, poisonous crap, really. It's just full of nasty toxins that shouldn't even be there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
This is so not the world's deadliest drug.

Remember the whole Chinese Emperor Immortality incident?

Years
I don't know much about drugs, but what I've read makes me think that different parts of the world favor different kinds of drugs. Like how (I believe) crystal meth is pretty common in the USA but very rare in the UK. Different factors at work in different parts of the world probably mean it won't make it to places like the US, UK, etc.

And that aside, I really think even a terribly addicted person would be terrified by the thought of having their limbs rot off.

I'm not sure I should even ask.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years

Because mercury is a drug right? I don't really consider it a drug when he was trying to find the "Elixir of Life." It basically poisoned him, but Krokodil gives you wounds that put some repulsive spider bites to complete shame. Can't imagine the pain either (unless it kills your senses.)

But either way I don't see this ever catching on in the US, let alone the west. Some other drugs seem to be perfectly affordable to some already, but I guess things can happen if the nation winds up in rubble. It's made its way here, yes, but I don't see it ever catching on.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Win a Darwin Award with one simple injection!

Anyway, it's already hit the US. Two deaths linked to in in Arizona.

Given how cheap it is, how easy it is to make (Seriously. The only hard part is getting the Codeine. The rest is just a Wal-Mart trip away.), and how desperate some addicts are, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more cases.

Years
Are you guys not aware that this is not a Facebook drug discussion(if there is any.I don`t know because I don`t use Facebook) page or website.It is a pokemon related website where you discuss or do anything with POKEMON.Get it now shut this page or thread off.

I can imagine the character Ash Ketchum saying this lmao.

Krokodil, like someone else said, is unfortunately marred with impurities which is what makes it dangerous. It is extremely easy to synthesize. Other than that, it is an unremarkable opioid.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
Another case of boneheaded things done by people with little money and common sense. Holy crap, you would have to be crazy to inject that poison into your skin considering it eats your flesh away. I'm very concerned of it moving over to countries like the US as It can easily destroy lives.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years

The mercury killed the emperor after a few years of taking it. He slowly went mad and eventually died from the poisoning, I doubt that this qualifies as the world's deadliest drug.

This krokodil sounds really bad. I would have to do more research, but from the information I can get here, it seems like it could be the deadliest drug. When it hits the US (which it already has, apparently) I would imagine it doing well. Not as well as the other drugs we have floating around here, but there would still be a few crazies that would be stupid enough to try it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I mean in terms of DEADLIEST - not most gruesome. Though, the Emperor's death WAS quite gruesome. It was worse on the inside, though Krokodil is worse on the outside.

However, I still think an upgraded version of Vertigo could beat Krokodil to the ground.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
I saw the pictures of krokodil damage. It's probably the grossest thing I've ever seen. If I took something like that, I'd be a social outcast. People would not want to go near me - and for understandable reasons. It's got to be beyond painful. I mean, the bones are visible in some of those people!

If krokodil spreads around the world, it's going to be disastrous. Plenty of people would be unable to go anywhere because they were using the flesh-eating drug. They would have to be kept in hospitals for the rest of their lives. I'm pretty sure this drug is going to be fatal - studies have shown that people usually die within a year of first use. We have to stop this drug from spreading before it costs millions of people their lives.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I don't know if Krokodil is the deadliest drug. To me the deadliest drug is the drug that has caused the most deaths. Krokodil is disgusting and definitely more physically gruesome than other drugs, but I'm unaware if they can save these people lives with medical treatment or not.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Strictly speaking, the deadliest drug known to man (the term "drug" being defined as a substance that has a physiological effect on the body) is Botox. Just a hundred nanograms of the stuff can kill the average adult.

But if we're talking about illicit and controlled drugs, then I guess Krokodil isn't really the deadliest of them all. Sure, it's one of the most gruesome ways to die from illicit drug use, but that's more to do with the impurities rather than the active compound itself. The most dangerous illicit drug is probably heroin, especially if someone is taking high doses for the first time. Not to mention that it's terribly addictive, assuming you don't overdose the first time. Once you build up a tolerance to the drug, though, death by overdose is harder to accomplish. The real danger comes from the blood-borne infections you're likely to pick up via self-administration (i.e. sharing used needles). And if you happen to survive all of that...enjoy the chronic constipation~

There's also plenty of other drugs which can kill you in one dose, such as cocaine and methamphetamine. We're talking heavy doses here, though - the doses used for recreational use. The dose of methamphetamine used for therapeutic indications such as ADHD and treating obesity are far lower than the doses used recreationally.

Back