• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help

Years
  • Kinda building on my last thread here. You know the drill - Not on Showdown, and no tiers. Also a Level 50 team.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
    252 SPATK/252 SPE/4 SPDEF
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Modest
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Extrasensory
    - Shadow Ball
    This is my pivot. As well as some much-needed Electric STAB, Raikou provides momentum via Volt Switch. It also has Thunderbolt for a more powerful STAB, if the situation demands it. Extrasensory and Shadow Ball are there for coverage. The nature and EV's just make it as fast and powerful as possible, but it's not really meant to be a sweeper.

Salamence @ Salamencite
    176 ATK/252 SPE/80 SPATK
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Naive
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    My mixed sweeper and wallbreaker. I chose Intimidate over Moxie because it synergises better with the rest of my team, as well as supporting my Salamence's 149 Defense upon Mega Evolving. The Naive nature doesn't sacrifice any offense, which is great, and the SP.DEF drop doesn't matter too much. Draco Meteor and Fire Blast make up for M-Salamence's slightly lower SP.ATK and provide awesome coverage, while Aerialated Return and Earthquake handle the physical side of things. Return hits ridiculously hard against anything that doesn't resist it, I might add. I gave it Max Speed to maximise the number of threats it can outspeed, with the rest split between both offenses, to aid in wallbreaking and possibly sweeping. Salamence's Flying typing also covers for Raikou and Registeel's Ground weakness.

Registeel @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    170 each in HP, DEF and SPDEF
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Relaxed
    - Stealth Rock/Rest
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Iron Head
    My mixed wall. The EVs give it very high values in all its defensive stats - I think mine has something like 202 Defense, 190 Special Defense and 176 HP. Leftovers are a no-brainer for item choice, and the ability..........is because I couldn't get anything else. It does help Registeel switch in against stat drops that were aimed at my other team members, however. The nature sacrifices its already awful Speed for more bulk. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory: S.R for a bit of extra damage on the switch, Toxic and Protect for stalling, and Iron Head to stop Registeel from being setup fodder. I would have preferred Seismic Toss, but that's impossible to get for me because I don't have FireRed or LeafGreen. Alternatively, I could go RestoChesto, as Registeel's only reliable recovery move is Rest. Chesto over Lum, so the berry isn't wasted on curing burns or something.
    Registeel also covers for Salamence's glaring Ice weakness, as well as its Rock, Fairy and Dragon weaknesses, and for Alakazam's Bug weakness.

POSSIBLY:
    Alakazam @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    252 SPATK/252 SPE/4 SPDEF
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Timid
    - Psychic
    -Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast/Hidden Power
    If I use this, it'll be my special sweeper, because Raikou's more of a Pivot. It provides some nice, hard-hitting Psychic STAB and a brilliant ability in Magic Guard, allowing Alakazam to switch in to stuff like Will-o-Wisp and Stealth Rock. I mean, come one - you literally HAVE to attack it to hurt it. Thankfully, Alakazam's EVs are poured into making it hit HARD and hit FIRST. Thanks to Psychic and Psyshock, it can fire off powerful STABs, the latter of which can OHKO the special walls that'd normally stop Alakazam in its tracks (or not, cause, y'know, Magic Guard). The last two moves are there for coverage, but if anyone has better ideas, please let me know because I REALLY don't wanna use Focus Blast. The nature is Timid, so it can outspeed all the scary stuff that'd wreck it otherwise.
    The main issue I have with this is the choice of item. Life Orb make it hit harder for free thanks to Magic Guard, but I'm slightly worried about super fast stuff with type advantages like Greninja, which can outspeed and OHKO Alakazam with super effective moves. I think Alakazam's too frail for this to happen, so I'm considering a Choice Scarf. However, two choice-locked attackers on one team is probably a really bad idea - the constant switching will give my opponents loads of time to set up. Overall, it'd be too easy for my opponent to exploit. Which item should I use?

For the last two slots, I'll probably go with a physical sweeper like Sharpedo (which covers for Alakazam's Dark and Ghost weaknesses, Registeel's Fire weakness and Salamence's Ice Weakness), a more specific wall like Clefable (which covers for Alakazam's Bug and Dark weaknesses, Registeel's Fighting weakness and Salamence's Dragon weakness) or a spinner of some sort. I also really want an Ice type somewhere, because it's my favourite type and it wouldn't really be a ME team without one!

Any help would be awesome!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Delibird @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Fake Out
    - Counter
    - Ice Punch

So you want a spinner and an Ice type, then I suggest Delibird! With this set, you can use it as a lead, and then wreck physical attackers with Focus Sash + Counter! Even if this doesn't work, you can come in later on in the battle and Rapid Spin to get rid of entry hazards! And if you plan on attacking later on in the battle, you have STAB Ice Punch! The best part of this set, is no one uses or expects Delibird, so they will not be prepared for it!

Years
  • Delibird @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Fake Out
    - Counter
    - Ice Punch

So you want a spinner and an Ice type, then I suggest Delibird! With this set, you can use it as a lead, and then wreck physical attackers with Focus Sash + Counter! Even if this doesn't work, you can come in later on in the battle and Rapid Spin to get rid of entry hazards! And if you plan on attacking later on in the battle, you have STAB Ice Punch! The best part of this set, is no one uses or expects Delibird, so they will not be prepared for it!
    I like this idea!

Years
  • Moltres @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Flame Charge
    - Mud Slap
    - Flamethrower

This one works fluidly with your team and covers up the Bug/Ice/Fire/Fighting weaknesses well. Substitute is there so you can safely spam Flame Charge to build up speed, or you could Mud Slap and get rid of accuracy, prolonging the sub. Flamethrower is there for coverage and as a strong STAB attack. Defensive and HP EVs are there to help keep the sub up too, with the speed stat being good enough to outspeed lesser birds like Mega Pidgeot with a Flame Charge boost.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    aurorus.png

Aurorus @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Rash Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Blizzard
    -Stone Edge
    -Magnet Rise

Both Landorus forms are going to cause trouble when equipped with a Choice Scarf, and Magnet Rise Aurorus solves this problem. Not only does Aurorus beat Landorus 1v1 with Magnet Rise active, but you also get to set Stealth Rock for your team. With hail active, Blizzard is a 100% accurate strong STAB without any drawbacks, and Stone Edge is used for alternative STAB and coverage.

rampardos.gif

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    -Head Smash/Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Power-Up Punch
    -Iron Tail
    -Thunder Punch

Rampardos is an insanely strong revenge killer with 165 base Attack and decent speed to work with. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Rampardos can outspeed many common Pokemon and deliver a strong Head Smash or Stone Edge which is almost always an OHKO. Earthquake deals with other Rock types and Steel types, Iron Tail maims any speedy Fairy type which threatens Mega Salamence such as Mega Gardevoir, which Registeel cannot consistently check because of Focus Blast. Last but not least it Thunder Punch, this enables you to super effectively hit troublesome Water types with a strong attack boosted by Sheer Force. Many people run Rampardos but they often utilize a less efficient set, and this set is the best imo.

Hope these options help you, these Pokemon are also less common options which many people don't expect and prepare for, so they are surely going to surprise your opponents and help you score a few KOs.

EDIT: After thinking about other move options for Rampardos, Power-Up Punch could replace Earthquake to finish off a weakened opponent and boost your attack to possibly go for a sweep, albeit Power-Up Punch's low base attack.

Years
  • aurorus.png

Aurorus @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Rash Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Blizzard
    -Stone Edge
    -Magnet Rise

Both Landorus forms are going to cause trouble when equipped with a Choice Scarf, and Magnet Rise Aurorus solves this problem. Not only does Aurorus beat Landorus 1v1 with Magnet Rise active, but you also get to set Stealth Rock for your team. With hail active, Blizzard is a 100% accurate strong STAB without any drawbacks, and Stone Edge is used for alternative STAB and coverage.

rampardos.gif

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    -Head Smash/Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Power-Up Punch
    -Iron Tail
    -Thunder Punch

Rampardos is an insanely strong revenge killer with 165 base Attack and decent speed to work with. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Rampardos can outspeed many common Pokemon and deliver a strong Head Smash or Stone Edge which is almost always an OHKO. Earthquake deals with other Rock types and Steel types, Iron Tail maims any speedy Fairy type which threatens Mega Salamence such as Mega Gardevoir, which Registeel cannot consistently check because of Focus Blast. Last but not least it Thunder Punch, this enables you to super effectively hit troublesome Water types with a strong attack boosted by Sheer Force. Many people run Rampardos but they often utilize a less efficient set, and this set is the best imo.

Hope these options help you, these Pokemon are also less common options which many people don't expect and prepare for, so they are surely going to surprise your opponents and help you score a few KOs.

EDIT: After thinking about other move options for Rampardos, Power-Up Punch could replace Earthquake to finish off a weakened opponent and boost your attack to possibly go for a sweep, albeit Power-Up Punch's low base attack.
    I really like the Aurorus idea, but the two double weaknesses kinda put me off. I'll give it a go anyway.

Back