• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite OU mega to use?

Favorite OU Mega?

• Mega Alakazam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Mega Charizard X

• Mega Charizard Y

• Mega Diancie

• Mega Garchomp

• Mega Gardevoir

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mega Gyarados

• Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

• Mega Lopunny

• Mega Manectric

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mega Metagross

• Mega Sableye

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mega Scizor

• Mega Slowbro

• Mega Tyranitar

• Mega Venusaur

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Mega evolutions are the core of nearly every successful team in the current meta. Some are arguably broken and should be banned. Maybe the meta would be better without them completely. However that isn't the point of the thread. I want to know which OU mega is your favorite to use? Why do you enjoy using said mega? What is your favorite moveset/evs to use with this Pokemon? Feel free to include some strategies as well!

Duo to poll limits, I am only including the mega evolutions that fall specifically in OU for the poll. Here is a list of them for reference:

Mega Alakazam

l3ejgwI.gif

Mega Altaria

furISwu.gif

Mega Charizard X

9hI6GQn.gif

Mega Charizard Y
    SbciQBp.gif

Mega Diancie

FU9pT0z.gif

Mega Garchomp

Jgo4gUp.gif

Mega Gardevoir

guUVBqa.gif

Mega Gyarados

rlYEIdt.gif

Mega Latias

okR0liP.gif

Mega Latios

Z1jj5We.gif

Mega Lopunny

CLODg5V.gif

Mega Manectric

96eMxSN.gif

Mega Metagross

fMceDbN.gif

Mega Sableye

ro3RhZ9.gif

Mega Scizor

SqCAM5j.gif

Mega Slowbro

jgmUNpd.gif

Mega Tyranitar

8YmucDX.gif

Mega Venusaur

cQgHRQR.gif

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Mega Gyarados hands down. I've got a very successful team with him on it, and I just really love using him. I think his Mega sprite is pretty badass. I love the DD/WF/EQ/Ice Fang set, has excellent coverage and is very tough to deal with.

Slifer (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang / Crunch

Sirfetch’d

Mega Gyarados hands down. I've got a very successful team with him on it, and I just really love using him. I think his Mega sprite is pretty badass. I love the DD/WF/EQ/Ice Fang set, has excellent coverage and is very tough to deal with.

Slifer (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang / Crunch

I always prefer Crunch but I guess I just like the extra STAB x) Megados is really fun though. I probably use it more than most other megas just because it fits on a ton of different team comps. It's very easy to build around!

My favorite to use is mega bunny though. It's outclassed a bit by other megas and a ton of things resist it's stabs but it's still great imo. It hits pretty hard, has Fake Out to mega evolve easily, really strong stabs, Scrappy allows it to shit on ghosts such as Gengar, and outspeeds nearly everything unboosted or unscarfed. It is frail though and Talonflame everywhere is a huge problem. I still love it though! Not to mention it has the best 3D model and shiny of all megas x]

OqBpiuF.gif

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Return
    - High Jump Kick
    - Ice Punch

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • ...but my favourite Mega to use in OU is Mega Camerupt...

To answer the topic, I'd say Mega Metagross. That thing is borderline broken, hits like a truck, has excellent defenses and has easy ways to get past its counters.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    A tie between Mega Charizard Y and Mega Metagross. I know both megas are arguably broken but man, I will use them as long as I am able :p

Although I must say that I've been pretty interested in using Mega Alakazam for a while now.

Sirfetch’d

Although I must say that I've been pretty interested in using Mega Alakazam for a while now.

I've seen a lot of it on the ladder lately and it's very scary to face! I think it's a very underrated mega tbh. I might try making more teams around it as well..hmm....

srinator

zard x is still the father of all mega's, and it shall always be so.

Last edited:

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • My favorite mega in OU was Mega Gallade, but it got send back to BL. So I use Mega Metagross now, it's a cool pokémon with a lot of coverage and strong as dope.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    inb4 Elf starts hating on megas again

These:
    FU9pT0z.gif
    fMceDbN.gif
    guUVBqa.gif

are my favorite ones.

I've used Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny too, and they're kinda nice. I've always wanted to make a Mega Zard team but every time I try to make one it always sucks. Mega Gyarados seems cool.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • mine has probably been sableye-mega.

i like megas that take little effort to comfortably mega evolve (scizor is probably the king of this category), aid team-building a lot rather than restrict it (restrictions being pokes that require specific support like mega pinsir, zard y, any of the crappy ones, etc.), and have a generally diverse offering of talents.

sableye is cool because it "ticks all the boxes." i really enjoyed using it in early oras, and while the meta has changed, it's still very potent. i also like that it can bring on a lot of mindgames and that it's such a specific threat that it really limits the options your opponent has in-battle when facing it. since it beats most pokes 1v1, it's a good bet that something like sd gliscor is coming in to stop it, which means you can turn that into free momentum and force your opponent to make a choice. sableye is awesome, and i think that the "wow sableye is so overrated s rank are you kidding me" buzz from a few months back has actually made it weirdly underrated. i still feel that it is easily a top-5 mega.

Back