• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing the window in ShowArea

Years
  • How would i go about changing the window that displays the town name or area name when you are walking into an area?

Ex. Walking out of the player's house will tell you that the area is named "Pallet Town" and display a little text window that shows at the top left of the screen.

I've seen someone do this with Essentials, so I know that it is possible.

https://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/...ing_nimbasa_wip_by_midnitez_remix-d6x82ld.png

Although, I'm unsure of what i need to replace to achieve that goal .-.

UPDATE: I talked to the person who made the picture in the link. It was actually a concept and he has no idea how to do it.

Anyone have a clue? Maybe script editing ?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't actually looked into how to do it, but search for "LocationWindow"

This is the class that is called to make the map name appear. I'd try to edit that to begin with.

Years
  • I haven't actually looked into how to do it, but search for "LocationWindow"

This is the class that is called to make the map name appear. I'd try to edit that to begin with.

I've looked into that before.
    I think that the safest bet is within this line.

"class LocationWindow
    def initialize(name)
    @window=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new(name)
    @window.resizeToFit(name,Graphics.width)
    @window.x=0
    @[email protected]
    @window.z=99999
    @currentmap=$game_map.map_id
    @frames=0
    end"

Specifically Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new because the next line mentions resizing, but i haven't seen that file in any of the folders and i thought that it would somehow be connected to Graphics -> Window Skins.

Back