• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pyroar

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Pokemon: 13
    3-3 Pyroar FLF
    2-2 Ninetales DRX
    2 Reshiram LTR
    1 Jirachi Ex

Trainer: 34
    4 Juniper
    2 N
    3 Fan Club
    3 Black Smith
    1 Lysandre
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Battle Compressor
    1 Computer Search
    3 Muscle Band
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Virbank City Gym
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Letter
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Switch

Energy: 10
    7 Fire
    3 Double Colorless

Im not really well versed in fire decks. Though im starting to think that laserbank isnt worth the space in this deck. But at the same time, its the only way ninetales does anything other than bright look.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Ninetales is unnecessary, and doing a 3/1 split between the Intimidating Mane one and the Gust effect one seems best for this kind of deck. Reshiram can be removed, but it's a safe card to use while setting up Pyroars. Seismitoad EX is even better to put Pyroar up behind, and I recommend playing 3 Seismitoad EX, it's too solid. Jirachi EX is your choice to play.

3 Fan Club is 3 too many, and you don't need Battle Compressor in here. More N and Ultra Ball seems necessary, and 4 Muscle Band wouldn't hurt. Otherwise, the numbers seem fine until your personal trainer choices. I like energy disruption in these decks. 7 Fire and 4 DCE seems safe.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Using energy drops or black smith on the other pyroar just isnt worth it. It means you can discard every turn with pyroar.

Seismitoad isnt really that great if you stop using seismic punch. As soon as you stop all the items building up in their hand just over run you.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Using deck space for Ninetales isn't worth it, either. It can be replaced by a Lysandre or two, the Phantom Forces Pyroar (and yes, the Blacksmith onto your Gust Pyroar is definitely worth the attachment if the need arises. It fits the deck, gives you options, it's a searchable Lysandre, it's just worth the space, and you don't need 4 Intimidating Mane Pyroar anyway), and generally better cards than a bulky and inefficient Pokemon line. Also, Seismitoad lets you set up your field safely, because some basic Pokemon decks can dismantle Pyroar before it gets an opportunity to threaten anything. Also, it's an alternate tactic when combined with the Gusting Pyroar and energy disruption, because after your opponent plays or discards his or her Lysandre's Trump Card in a deck that can get around Pyroar, you can lock the opponent out of energy while weakening their board bit by bit. The idea is that it finishes the game up or slows it down enough so the player's deck can set up. It's a "tempo" card in most instances, letting your deck get ahead enough so it can succeed. Otherwise, it can fall short of otherwise achievable wins due to lack of ability to set up threats quick enough. There's a reason most Pyroar decks play multiple copies of Seismitoad EX. My personal favorite version happens to include lots of disruption alongside the combo.

Pokemon: 12
    3 Pyroar FF
    1 Pyroar PF
    3 Litleo
    4 Seismitoad EX
    1 Jirachi EX
    Energy: 11
    7 Fire
    4 DCE
    Trainers: 37
    4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Team Flare Grunt
    2 Blacksmith
    1 Xerosic
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 VS Seeker
    2 Virbank City Gym
    1 Computer Search
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Bicycle
    2 Muscle Band
    3 Head Ringer
    2 Switch

My version of the deck, complete with Flare Grunt energy disruption, Head Ringers, and all sorts of frustration. It devastates basic decks, and it has enough heavy artillery versus the decks with counters that those matchups can definitely be favorable. 4 VS Seeker for tech cards is amazing.

Back