• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destiny

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • I like Destiny a lot so I decided to recreate this thread I made awhile back.

Ry0TVwE.jpg
    Destiny Wiki said:
    "Destiny is a Shared World Shooter first-person shooter video game in a "mythic science fiction" setting. It was developed by Bungie and published by Activision as part of a ten-year publishing deal. The game was released on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One video game consoles on September 9, 2014 . Destiny '​s style has been described as a first-person shooter that incorporates role-playing and massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game. Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter," as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game. For instance, rather than players being able to see and interact with all other players in the game or on a particular server—as is the case in many conventional MMO games—Destiny includes on-the-fly matchmaking that allows players to see and interact only with other players with whom they are "matched" by the game. Events may happen in-game that are not necessarily controlled or planned by the developer, which will help to create a dynamic developing experience for Bungie and a dynamic playing experience for gamers."

Who owns Destiny? What are your thoughts on it so far? Do you plan on getting it if you don't own it? How do you think of the game as a follow-up to Bungie's hit franchise of Halo? Feel free to discuss all things Destiny-related in this thread.

TY

I own Destiny on the PS3, play it every single day if possible and I gotta say. If you don't like a game that drags out for a bit (cause of its weekly raid/strike system) and doesn't have a huge variation in endgame, then this is not a game for you.

Story is as we all know lackluster and bad for a Bungie game, but I for one keep playing cause I have that feel towards getting that one exotic that never drops for me and our big friend Xur never will sell it (tho he did sell good stuff lately, did he ran out of bad guns? O_o)

I like Destiny, I like it a lot and I keep spending hours into it. I never regretted getting it instead of some other games that were out and it keeps my PS3 active. It eventually led to me buying a capture device for my PS3 xD

Currently have 3 lvl 31 characters and hopefully I get my Hunter to lvl 32 this Tuesday when the reset hits. Also I need to get less Vex Mythoclasts from VoG Hard :x

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I own Destiny on the PS3, play it every single day if possible and I gotta say. If you don't like a game that drags out for a bit (cause of its weekly raid/strike system) and doesn't have a huge variation in endgame, then this is not a game for you.

Story is as we all know lackluster and bad for a Bungie game, but I for one keep playing cause I have that feel towards getting that one exotic that never drops for me and our big friend Xur never will sell it (tho he did sell good stuff lately, did he ran out of bad guns? O_o)

I like Destiny, I like it a lot and I keep spending hours into it. I never regretted getting it instead of some other games that were out and it keeps my PS3 active. It eventually led to me buying a capture device for my PS3 xD

Currently have 3 lvl 31 characters and hopefully I get my Hunter to lvl 32 this Tuesday when the reset hits. Also I need to get less Vex Mythoclasts from VoG Hard :x

Are you havig difficulty doing Crota on hard? Because I definitely am with my Lv. 31 Hunter.

Also hi I missed you xoxo <3

TY

Are you havig difficulty doing Crota on hard? Because I definitely am with my Lv. 31 Hunter.

Also hi I missed you xoxo <3

Crota Hard Mode is not meant to be played with a 31 iirc, cause the damage you deal is bar none vs lvl 33 enemies and Acolytes can 2-shot you. Hence I still play Normal Mode just to get the armor and materials to reach 32. Also Normal Mode gives good weapons, such as the Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota, the latter I actually own atm. I once tried CE on Hard and got rekt badly...

yes i haz returned, missed ya aswell <3

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Crota Hard Mode is not meant to be played with a 31 iirc, cause the damage you deal is bar none vs lvl 33 enemies and Acolytes can 2-shot you. Hence I still play Normal Mode just to get the armor and materials to reach 32. Also Normal Mode gives good weapons, such as the Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota, the latter I actually own atm. I once tried CE on Hard and got rekt badly...

yes i haz returned, missed ya aswell <3

I know, it's just that it's so frustrating having to wait a week in order to just get shards for my characters. I have all of the armor needed for my Hunter, I'm just 20 Radiant Shards away haha.

So far I've had good drops with Crota. I have Oversoul Edict, Swordbreaker, Light of the Abyss, and Abyss Definant. Oversoul Edict is one of my favorite - as well as most used - guns as it allows you to shoot right through Knight's shields. Plus with Arc damage makes the gun extremely deadly.

TY

I know, it's just that it's so frustrating having to wait a week in order to just get shards for my characters. I have all of the armor needed for my Hunter, I'm just 20 Radiant Shards away haha.

So far I've had good drops with Crota. I have Oversoul Edict, Swordbreaker, Light of the Abyss, and Abyss Definant. Oversoul Edict is one of my favorite - as well as most used - guns as it allows you to shoot right through Knight's shields. Plus with Arc damage makes the gun extremely deadly.

The frustration is real, but on the other hand I think their content would die too fast before a new expansion comes out. I only need either a chestpiece or a helmet to get 32 (preferrably chestpiece so I can use my Mask of The Third Man)

Pulse Rifles in general feel really powerful after the buff, Red Death is a weapon I see myself constantly using in PvP and Praedyths Timepiece is a mighty fine weapon now aswell for PvE. I didn't do Crota much but that will come in the near future, tho i did get Patience and Time from Ir Yut. I often still do Vault of Glass with people who never did it or need some gear cause VoG stays a really good raid imo and it still can give you exotic weapons I can use.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The frustration is real, but on the other hand I think their content would die too fast before a new expansion comes out. I only need either a chestpiece or a helmet to get 32 (preferrably chestpiece so I can use my Mask of The Third Man)

Pulse Rifles in general feel really powerful after the buff, Red Death is a weapon I see myself constantly using in PvP and Praedyths Timepiece is a mighty fine weapon now aswell for PvE. I didn't do Crota much but that will come in the near future, tho i did get Patience and Time from Ir Yut. I often still do Vault of Glass with people who never did it or need some gear cause VoG stays a really good raid imo and it still can give you exotic weapons I can use.

I generally still do Vault of Glass as well. I actually prefer doing that Raid over Crota because I think the Raid in itself is a lot more fun than Crota. Thoughts? I just hope to god that in the next DLC that Bungie decides to allow us to upgrade our Raid weapons - both Vault of Glass and Crota - so our hard earned weapons don't become obsolete...again.

TY

I generally still do Vault of Glass as well. I actually prefer doing that Raid over Crota because I think the Raid in itself is a lot more fun than Crota. Thoughts? I just hope to god that in the next DLC that Bungie decides to allow us to upgrade our Raid weapons - both Vault of Glass and Crota - so our hard earned weapons don't become obsolete...again.

VoG is more mechanical than Crota. Abyss vs Spire, Spire easily wins, having to split up your fireteam into 3 teams of 2 to protect plates is really nice and challenging cause Praetorians are bulky as hell. VoG also had more things than Crota, even some that didnt gave you rewards, so in a way VoG takes longer than Crota's End. Boss fight goes to VoG hands down, the feel of killing Atheon is way way better than Crota, since Crota feels more like a one man job and Atheon is everyone doing his thing.

Also I do hope they allow us to upgrade our raid gear when House of Wolves comes out, or they just dont need to buff the weapon levels :P
    Though I do not think VoG's weapons are obsolete. Fatebringer still does it's job fantastically and even outclasses the Word of Crota. Vision of Confluence deals a lot of DPS and Corrective Measure is still one of the best LMG's imo. Atheon's Epilogue got hit hard by the Auto Rifle nerf tho, but if they bump up the level cap for HoW, I hope they dont forget about VoG and CE's raid weapons... I dont want to trash my Fatebringer :(

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • VoG is more mechanical than Crota. Abyss vs Spire, Spire easily wins, having to split up your fireteam into 3 teams of 2 to protect plates is really nice and challenging cause Praetorians are bulky as hell. VoG also had more things than Crota, even some that didnt gave you rewards, so in a way VoG takes longer than Crota's End. Boss fight goes to VoG hands down, the feel of killing Atheon is way way better than Crota, since Crota feels more like a one man job and Atheon is everyone doing his thing.

Also I do hope they allow us to upgrade our raid gear when House of Wolves comes out, or they just dont need to buff the weapon levels :P
    Though I do not think VoG's weapons are obsolete. Fatebringer still does it's job fantastically and even outclasses the Word of Crota. Vision of Confluence deals a lot of DPS and Corrective Measure is still one of the best LMG's imo. Atheon's Epilogue got hit hard by the Auto Rifle nerf tho, but if they bump up the level cap for HoW, I hope they dont forget about VoG and CE's raid weapons... I dont want to trash my Fatebringer :(
    How do you think House of Wolves is going to play out?

TY

How do you think House of Wolves is going to play out?

Well going on what has been "leaked", I do hope they add more exotics tho... only 2 weapons aren't gonna cut it, especially if one has terrible stats going for it (the shotgun). Also looking forward to if they gonna make The Reef more of a thing instead of just nothing (because you only go there for 2 cutscenes).

But to be even more fair they need more PvE events, I'm getting sick of the constant Iron Banner PvP events while PvE gets abandoned >:C

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Well going on what has been "leaked", I do hope they add more exotics tho... only 2 weapons aren't gonna cut it, especially if one has terrible stats going for it (the shotgun). Also looking forward to if they gonna make The Reef more of a thing instead of just nothing (because you only go there for 2 cutscenes).

But to be even more fair they need more PvE events, I'm getting sick of the constant Iron Banner PvP events while PvE gets abandoned >:C

What makes you think PvE is getting abandoned?

TY

What makes you think PvE is getting abandoned?

Well when was the last time Bungie introduced a PvE special event (like PvP has the Iron Banner)? A long time ago, even before I got the game so I never got to play it. Also PvP recently got a new mode called Inferno mode and PvE still has the same Nightfall, Heroic and Raids (tho the DLC strikes are complete doo-doo).

Also just for showing off, my Hunter:
    Spoiler:

Titan:
    Spoiler:

And Warlock :3
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

TY

printscreen on Bungie.net, where you can view other people's characters, but for when i take screens of a gun I have a capture card for that.

Also this weeks Nightfall is Sekrion with a Void Burn... so yeah... not the best of burns for a boss with void damage and lots of minotaurs who also have void damage... I did it on all 3 characters already and got nothing... yay RNG

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • printscreen on Bungie.net, where you can view other people's characters, but for when i take screens of a gun I have a capture card for that.

Also this weeks Nightfall is Sekrion with a Void Burn... so yeah... not the best of burns for a boss with void damage and lots of minotaurs who also have void damage... I did it on all 3 characters already and got nothing... yay RNG

You did the Nightfall for all three characters already?? Wow haha. It doesn't reset until 4AM for me so I won't get a chance to work on it until after work. You didn't get like Strange Coins? I would be fine with that, as long as it's not 9 Ascendent Energies...

TY

You did the Nightfall for all three characters already?? Wow haha. It doesn't reset until 4AM for me so I won't get a chance to work on it until after work. You didn't get like Strange Coins? I would be fine with that, as long as it's not 9 Ascendent Energies...

I got a Red Hand IX (New Monarchy Hand Cannon with some decent perk rolls), 12 Ascendant Energies and The Calling with the worst perk rolls for a Scout Rifle. Well the Nightfall is pretty easy if you have the gear for it. I used Atheons Epilogue (great Auto Rifle for Void Burn strikes), Prudence (only void secondary weapon, quite doo doo) and Truth as my heavy (my fireteam all had Truths so... Sekrion was ded very soon). But it could have been worse, as one of my teammates got a No Land Beyond xD

Also I have been thinking of doing something called "The Hunt". Basically it's who gets all exotic weapons the first (minus Playstation exclusives cause thats unfair for both Xbox (they get it in Fall) and Playstation (they need more exotics to collect). Sad though that they exist cause Xbox is missing out on the Hawkmoon, but not on the 4th Horseman :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I got a Red Hand IX (New Monarchy Hand Cannon with some decent perk rolls), 12 Ascendant Energies and The Calling with the worst perk rolls for a Scout Rifle. Well the Nightfall is pretty easy if you have the gear for it. I used Atheons Epilogue (great Auto Rifle for Void Burn strikes), Prudence (only void secondary weapon, quite doo doo) and Truth as my heavy (my fireteam all had Truths so... Sekrion was ded very soon). But it could have been worse, as one of my teammates got a No Land Beyond xD

Also I have been thinking of doing something called "The Hunt". Basically it's who gets all exotic weapons the first (minus Playstation exclusives cause thats unfair for both Xbox (they get it in Fall) and Playstation (they need more exotics to collect). Sad though that they exist cause Xbox is missing out on the Hawkmoon, but not on the 4th Horseman :P

I'm honestly not too worried about this week's Nightfall. I'm going to run with Atheon's Epilogue, Shadowbreaker (amazing Void Raid shotgun with a great fire rate that utterly demolishes Minotaurs and Praetorians)/ Praedyth's Revenge (Void sniper but you probably already know that), and Oracle launcher which has Void damage and has the find more heavy anno perk on it.

My friend hit Lv. 32 last night after we finally beat Crota on Hard Mode, which I'm just happy I was able to get something before the reset. Nothing too great though, just the Raid Sparrow, a few Radiant Shards, the Raid Helmet - which I dismantled because I have Mask of the Third Man - and that badass Glowhoo armor shader. So I mean, I would have loved to have gotten Gallahorn, but nonetheless Im okay with the amount of shards I got.

Good luck with that challenge though. Good thing that Bungie is upgrading the vault capacity from 20 weapons to 36. That's still going to be really tough to do though as everything is random.

TY

I'm honestly not too worried about this week's Nightfall. I'm going to run with Atheon's Epilogue, Shadowbreaker (amazing Void Raid shotgun with a great fire rate that utterly demolishes Minotaurs and Praetorians)/ Praedyth's Revenge (Void sniper but you probably already know that), and Oracle launcher which has Void damage and has the find more heavy anno perk on it.

My friend hit Lv. 32 last night after we finally beat Crota on Hard Mode, which I'm just happy I was able to get something before the reset. Nothing too great though, just the Raid Sparrow, a few Radiant Shards, the Raid Helmet - which I dismantled because I have Mask of the Third Man - and that badass Glowhoo armor shader. So I mean, I would have loved to have gotten Gallahorn, but nonetheless Im okay with the amount of shards I got.

Good luck with that challenge though. Good thing that Bungie is upgrading the vault capacity from 20 weapons to 36. That's still going to be really tough to do though as everything is random.

Nightfall is easy if you stay up top and snipe the major minotaur that comes every few seconds, I recorded my runs and esp as a Titan with Helm of Saint-14 it is done rapidly.

I might do a Crota run later today, hopefully I get a raid chestpiece so I can use my Mask of the Third Man and a raid helmet in case I want to use let's say the Don't Touch Me gauntlet. Gjallarhorn tho, I've seen it drop twice and neither of them was with me :(

Yeah love the vault space upgrade and I think Necrochasm will be the worst of all to get :(
    So far I got:
    Spoiler:

Hope Xur will sell a weapon I dont own this Friday, maybe even a SUROS Regime even tho it got nerfed to hell

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Nightfall is easy if you stay up top and snipe the major minotaur that comes every few seconds, I recorded my runs and esp as a Titan with Helm of Saint-14 it is done rapidly.

I might do a Crota run later today, hopefully I get a raid chestpiece so I can use my Mask of the Third Man and a raid helmet in case I want to use let's say the Don't Touch Me gauntlet. Gjallarhorn tho, I've seen it drop twice and neither of them was with me :(

Yeah love the vault space upgrade and I think Necrochasm will be the worst of all to get :(
    So far I got:
    Spoiler:

Hope Xur will sell a weapon I dont own this Friday, maybe even a SUROS Regime even tho it got nerfed to hell

That's actually not a bad list so far. Is Xur the same on both PlayStation and Xbox One each week? MIDA Multi Tool was the weapon of the week last week for reference.

TY

That's actually not a bad list so far. Is Xur the same on both PlayStation and Xbox One each week? MIDA Multi Tool was the weapon of the week last week for reference.

Yeah it is, along with bounties, strikes and what not. He does not sell PS exclusives but does offer them to upgrade as a 7th weapon. But to be completely honest, Xbox is only missing out on the Hawkmoon these days. Monte Carlo got nerfed to hell and 4th Horseman is considered a terrible exotic. About the strikes... only Dust Palace seems to be good, the Undying Mind is awful.

Back