• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Fusion--Crystal Remake?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Excuse the title haha, I had no idea what to name it.

How would you include both Ho-Oh and Lugia in the story of HGSS? Would you incorporate Crystal's story and instead make Suicune the main legendary and the others on the sidelines? I like how in Emerald we saw both Kyogre and Groudon, so I'm wondering how Lugia and Ho-Oh could be featured as major legendaries in the same game instead of #1 for one game and just another legendary for the other.

Apologies for my ignorance since I haven't been too terribly exposed to the original GSC games, but Ho-oh/Lugia weren't a huge part of their respective games, right? They were kind of on the sidelines and you didn't really know much about them until much later on in the game, it seems. I would've really liked for them to become a bigger part of HGSS than they were, at the very least.

They were completely optional. You could never run into them if you didn't want to.

Frankly, I wish legendaries would go back to that formula. Putting them as part of the plot and a world ending threat strips them of the mystery and mythos behind them, and it's always disappointing when you capture a legendary with the power to do anything it wants and it suddenly doesn't work as advertised. If you don't see the legendary doing anything, you don't really know the extent of its power. If I have to catch another demigod Pokemon that's literally capable of destroying our entire universe and have it lose all of its potency the second the Ball stops shaking, I'mma flip. It's just poor storytelling.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    They were completely optional. You could never run into them if you didn't want to.

Frankly, I wish legendaries would go back to that formula. Putting them as part of the plot and a world ending threat strips them of the mystery and mythos behind them, and it's always disappointing when you capture a legendary with the power to do anything it wants and it suddenly doesn't work as advertised. If you don't see the legendary doing anything, you don't really know the extent of its power. If I have to catch another demigod Pokemon that's literally capable of destroying our entire universe and have it lose all of its potency the second the Ball stops shaking, I'mma flip. It's just poor storytelling.

I completely agree. I'm hoping Solgaleo and Lunala are like that, at least to some extent.

Back