• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
So I used a randomizer to put Gastly in as a starter instead of Pikachu and lower cased all the Pokemon names (ex; Gastly instead of GASTLY) small difference but I would have bugged me, got rid of trade evolutions so it will become a Gengar by level up instead. (Don't know what level cause I never checked)
So the way I'm going to update my progress is with a story told from King Boo's view. (Stole the idea from Wingman's Nidoking Solo)
Day 1:
Spoiler:

Day 2:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

King Boo:
KingBoo1_zpsa6756ded.png

Anyone who actually read all that tell me if you like the way I wrote it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Wait, can I change mine?

Name: bladeisbeast11
Pokemon of Choice: squirtle, cyndaquil, treeko or beldum (depends on if i can hack it in), elekid, psyduck, and fennekin
Challenge: ultimate
Games: leaf green, crystal, sapphire, diamond, black 2, y

i completed leaf green already with blastoise. i'll be sure to post some pics. I beat the champion and that's all I want to do. i'll start crystal soon and then go in order of the gens.
it's gonna be hard for me to get the y playthrough as i have some pokemon i dont want to get rid of on that game and i dont have pokebank. hopefully i'll find a way around it.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Seeing as I've done 5 of 6 regions with Swampert I might aswell turn it into an ultimate now.

Here is Swampert for LG.

260.gif

Level 84
Torrent - Adamant Nature
Earthquake - Surf - Brick Break - Rock Slide

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
As I said earlier, I have completed Leaf Green and am about to start crystal.

Here are some pics of my adventure:

I used the nidoking and spearow for strength, fly, and cut.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Wait, can I change mine?

Pokemon of Choice: squirtle, cyndaquil, treeko or beldum (depends on if i can hack it in), elekid, psyduck, and fennekin

i completed leaf green already with blastoise. i'll be sure to post some pics. I beat the champion and that's all I want to do. i'll start crystal soon and then go in order of the gens.
it's gonna be hard for me to get the y playthrough as i have some pokemon i dont want to get rid of on that game and i dont have pokebank. hopefully i'll find a way around it.

Hacking in your Pokemon of choice is perfectly fine as long as the pokemon has legitimate stats and moves.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Hacking in your Pokemon of choice is perfectly fine as long as the pokemon has legitimate stats and moves.

yeah, i was just gonna try to get a lv 5 beldum but i first have to figure out how. I started crystal and when i finish that i'll start sapphire so i should know who i'll use by then.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years

Sorry I'm a little confused about your sign-up, does this mean you're doing an ultimate with all the pokemon in your sign-up? So playing all 6 games with everyone of those pokemon? Also Fennekin, being a 6 gen pokemon, isn't eligible for an ultimate challenge since its only available in one game.

yeah, i was just gonna try to get a lv 5 beldum but i first have to figure out how. I started crystal and when i finish that i'll start sapphire so i should know who i'll use by then.
Also there are starter editors for pretty much every game if you're playing on emulators, so you shouldn't have a problem hacking one in.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
oh, you have to use the same one the whole time. i just beat crystal with typhlosion so, i guess i'll do single for them all except y as i dont want to restart the game.

i had a full team of 6 for it. cyndaquil as my main. then slowpoke, paras, noctowl, gyrados, and diglett. all for hm's and dig on the diglett
and how exactly do i post a screenshot?
if you can see these then i know, but...

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Typhlosion - Leaf Green
I've already continued on to the Elite Four, so the next update won't take too long.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
157.png

Dante the Naughty Typhlosion (M) @ Lv.78
Ability: Blaze
Brick Break
Flame Wheel
Return
Flamethrower

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Update #1: Feraligatr - X
It took me a while to get 4 badges. The most irritating thing about solo'ing this game is the huge gap between the first and second gym. Especially because my Totodile came from PokéBank and gained boosted exp. By the time I got to Route 8, he wouldn't obey any command so it became kind of a pain to continue. However the non-existent gap between Korrina and Ramos fixes that largely and I don't expect to have any problems with exceeding the level cap.

Screens:
No screens for this one sadly. I will have one from the Hall of Fame (at least I plan to).

Team:
160.png

Brutus the Bold Feraligatr (M) @ Lv.50
Ability: Torrent
Surf
Ice Fang
Crunch
Power-Up Punch

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Edit on my challenge.

I have completed LeafGreen with Blastoise and Crystal with Typhlosion.
I'm currently going through Sapphire with my new choice: Squirtle.
After Sapphire i will start Diamond with either Elekid or Piplup (I'll have to see if i want to hack in an Elekid) and then I'll do Black 2 with Psyduck which i can get on like, the 2nd route or around there.

As i said earlier, I didn't realize that you had to use the same Pokemon for all the games in the Ultimate Challenge so I'm just doing 5 different Singles.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Typhlosion - Leaf Green
Another one completed! Typhlosion's always been a favorite of mine, practically my first Pokémon ever (if you don't count the trading cards I had).

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
157.png

Dante the Naughty Typhlosion (M) @ Lv.88
Ability: Blaze
Brick Break
Earthquake
Return
Flamethrower

Forgot to add the next sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Exploud
Challenge: Single
Game: Diamond

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I would like to add on to my single challenges. I have decided to do an ultimate along with my singles but would like to change my Diamond and Black 2 singles into part of the ultimate. I have already completed Crystal so that can be added to the Ultimate challenge. Blastiose LeafGreen and Blastiose Sapphire are my only singles from now on. I promise, this is my last change to my challenges.

Username: bladeisbeast11
Pokemon of Choice: the Cyndaquil line
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Crystal, Ruby, Diamond, Black 2, and Y

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
I'm not going to write my update like last time since it kind of took a little too much time and I would rather be beating the challenge. Plus I don't think anyone noticed it.
Update 2:
- Beat rival with struggle because of his sand attack spamming team
- Helped Bill return to normal
- Made the Captain of the S.S Anne feel better and got HM Cut
- Destroyed Lt.Surge and received TM T- Bolt take a guess where that went
- King Boo evolved into Gengar (Hate it's back sprite in this game love its front one though)
- Ran around and caught 10 Pokemon to get HM Flash
- Caught a Magnemite to use Flash
- Cycled my way through Rock Tunnel running out of PP multiple times
- Got to Lavender Town
- Made it to Celadon
- Obliterated Erika with Night Shade
- Taught Mega Drain over Confuse Ray to beat Giovanni in the Game Corner
- Got the Siph scope
- Found the HM for Fly
- Grabbed the Spearow I boxed
- Flew to Lavender and rescued Mr. Fuji
- Beat Berry in the Tower (WOW I just realized how over leveled I am (49). PS: I did no grinding)
- Brought a fresh water for the retarted gate people on the the way to Saffron
- Talked to Mr. Psychic to get psychic for King Boo
- Cleared out Silph Co. beating Berry in the process
- Obtained a Lapras (More HM's)
- Conqured Sabria without a challenge probably because King Boo got up to lvl 60 (over leveled is over leveled)
- Flew to Celadon and went down cycling road
- Gave Lapras Surf and Strength
- Got half way to Cinabar from Fushia then saw Seafoam Island and I said f**k this and flew to Pallet
- Demolished Blaine
- Flew to Viridian and saved because it was getting late the time

King Boo:
KingBooStats_zps4046b9a9.png
KingBooMoves_zps4c898992.png

Gym leaders:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
(my post got deleted AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH)

in short...

- cancelling happiny due to difficulty through the roof with HP fire

- starting an azzuril solo

Name: natnew
Pokémon: azzuril
Game: Pearl
Challenge: Single

- I beat gyms 1 and 2

- It has pokerus :)

- currently up to fighting gym, but I'll probably postpone it since azuril just got murdured by one trainer

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
My emulator deleted all of my saves. my random firered challenge (i only had 1 badge but still), my squirtle leafgreen solo run (completed but still hurts), typhlosion crystal solo run (completed but still hurts), and the only one that stayed was my squirtle sapphire solo run which is good as i'm on the 3rd gym but he's giving me trouble. his magneton is the main trouble and the only ground moves i can give wartortal is dig which you get after the gym. at least the only deletes were completed or fairly early.

Squirtle Sapphire update:
Defeated 1st and 2nd gyms. 3rd giving me a hard time. thats about it. I have a Wartortal lv.31.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Exploud - Diamond
So I'm finally getting around to doing a Sinnoh region game. Exploud is by far not my favorite Pokémon, but it has a decent movepool, so I might change my mind.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
295.png

Boomer the Bold Exploud (M) @ Lv.46
Ability: Soundproof
Stomp
Uproar
Astonish
Crunch

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Update #2: Feraligatr - X

I really want to finish this one sooner rather than later, so I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow. I've got all the badges at least, so the Elite Four and Champion shouldn't take that long.

Screens:
No screens for this one sadly.

Team:
160.png

Brutus the Bold Feraligatr (M) @ Lv.88
Item: Leftovers
Surf
Ice Fang
Crunch
Power-Up Punch

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Completed my Sapphire Blastoise run.
Hopefully i can get pics in that others can see.

if you can't see the pics then i'll tell you guys what they would be.
My final team was Blastoise then i used lombre, zigzagoon, and taillow for hms. the zigzagoon tried to evolve like 5 times becuase it was used in double battles.
I even made a secret base just for fun. i used cheats to get all the decorations though.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Feraligatr - X
So, I've managed to beat the game again/already. Feraligatr was a really great Pokémon to use. The 2nd gen starters are absolutely my favorite set of starters, probably because I mostly played Silver and Crystal way back when. The screens I took don't have a really good quality, but they'll do. I really enjoyed doing this challenge on X, but I don't know which one I'll do next (it might be one where I use a full team again).

Screens (Warning: They're a bit big):
Spoiler:

Team:
160.png

Brutus the Bold Feraligatr (M) @ Lv.100
Item: Leftovers
Surf
Ice Fang
Crunch
Power-Up Punch

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Finally completed an Ultimate for this challenge, Here is my Swampert B2.

260.gif

Fiddle @ Mystic Water
Level 91 - Adamant Nature - Torrent
Earthquake - Waterfall - Ice Punch - Superpower

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Well I finally found some time so I finished yellow. VBA decided it wanted to derp out so I lost my screen shot of Giovanni to elite four + Berry (rival).
Log 3:
- Giovanni's gym was quite random but he presented no challenge with Mega Drain and Psychic
- Weak rival is weak
- Used the 10 Rare Candies I found on my journey
Elite Four:
- Louriel Mega Drain her water types Night Shade the Jynx
- Bruno Mega Drain Onix's Psychic everything else
- Agatha T-Bolt Golbat Psychic everything else
- Lance T-Bolt Gyrados and Areodactal Night Shade the Dragons
- Used an Elixir and Hyper Potion to get 100% restored PP and all
- Berry I just used what ever T-bolt over Mega Drain on water type though
HallofFame_zps7f858e6a.png

King Boo:
KingBooStats2_zps4832ca70.png