• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What genre would you like to se more of?

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    What about fantasy, with mages, warriors, and Pokemon together? Or Pokemon in the typical fantasy classes doing a dungeon exploration?

I had an idea about that once(the mages, warriors, Pokemon thing). Of course I need to finish my story first because the characters in it are the characters for the type of fantasy story you want.

Thanks for making me remember that - I had all but forgotten it.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What about fantasy, with mages, warriors, and Pokemon together? Or Pokemon in the typical fantasy classes doing a dungeon exploration?

As kcander said, my "Eon Chronicles" is basically a fantasy novel set in the pokemon universe, but I haven't seen your second idea implemented yet. You're thinking almost a Final Fantasy kind of deal, right? Where each pokemon is a different class (warrior, dragoon, arcanist, etc.) and they go off adventuring? I'd actually love to see that, but my attentions are currently divided by too many things to write it myself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Maybe a little horror. A lot of fics these days have romance type of feeling

I consider "romance" to be more passionately written than the standard classification of "romance". I'd like to see more passion, as romance is a strong word and doesn't really correspond with all the fluff stories I have seen.

I know I see a lot of Romance, but what about a more passionate version(if you get what I mean). You are twelve so I kind of have to doubt it... Anyway, I see very few of those.

Exactly. That's what I'd like to see.

I'd also love to see more parodies. We need a good laugh after reading all these horror stories you people crave.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011
    Genres I'd like to see more of? I, admittedly, wouldn't mind seeing a more Fantasy-ish side of pokémon every now and then. And by that I mean High Fantasy. A Western would be quite amusing. Might have to try that out sometime, as it's my goal to write at least one story in every genre.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I consider "romance" to be more passionately written than the standard classification of "romance". I'd like to see more passion, as romance is a strong word and doesn't really correspond with all the fluff stories I have seen.

Exactly. That's what I'd like to see.

I'd also love to see more parodies. We need a good laugh after reading all these horror stories you people crave.
    Have you read my sample yet? Of my romance writing?
    It still may not be to the degree that you are looking for, but if you read it and tell me that, at least we'll be on the same page. :)

Genres I'd like to see more of? I, admittedly, wouldn't mind seeing a more Fantasy-ish side of pokémon every now and then. And by that I mean High Fantasy. A Western would be quite amusing. Might have to try that out sometime, as it's my goal to write at least one story in every genre.

High Fantasy? What is that?

If you ever try to make a Pokemon Western - I'll read it :)

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • One would think that a pokemon western would probably end up with a lot of ground pokemon, but would be rather amusing. The idea of pokemon written with elements from a final fantasy game is currently one of my most wanted things ever now. Want to know a secret?
    Spoiler:

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Like Lord of the Rings. That's High Fantasy, I think. Or the E.C. (shameless plug...again...)

OH! That is the kind of genre of the Fantasy story I want to write eventually, except I don't have different races like in Middle Earth - just human and Pokemon...

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    I was thinking of making my next fic a pokemon POV, uh.. i guess it could be like the life of a pokemon that was captured and the trainer never left home, perhaps the pokemon has a rude since of humor, and trouble just seems to follow the trainer, but then you would get a never ending story(or until one of them dies of old age.), and i don't want.

I have the general idea, i was wanting to title my next fic "Saving Grace", and with this as a challenge, i think it will be have a pokemon POV, although it may turn out to be more of a journey fic, but i promise that gym badges will not be the main motivation behind the journey.

Like My Name Is Fuega? Kinda? [/blatant plug]

Well, I know it's not a genre, but I'd like to see more Pokemon POV fics too. Especially if the POV reveals something more animalistic about wild Pokemon, something that you couldn't really see with a human POV. Like what I'm doing with My-[/BLATANT PLUG]

Okay, okay, I'll stop. Jeez.

Well, I'm partial to blends of adventure and humor, myself. One of my favorite fics EVER does an absolutely astounding job of blending plot and epic battles with side-splitting humor more than makes up for the fact that it is very much a novelization of Diamond/Pearl. I myself write mainly adventure stories, and even the non-humor ones get a joke or two stuffed into them *coughFuegacough* [/PLUGGING. NAO.]

...stupid tags.

Back