• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] We are but Humans

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    We are but Humans
    A gundam inspired story, please if you want to correct me on some stuff I urge you not to type it out in here but to send it to me through either VM or PM, I like my threads to look clean and tidy. Also some of you may not be familiar with the franchise so I have inputed some links that will give you what a certain Mobile Suit looks like. I like to use pictures for my stories as inspiration especially for this story. I am not 100% sure where I want this story to go before reaching it's end I hope I don't stop this but with school and stuff I will be able to update this every one - two weeks, it might be three depending on what's going on i.e. exams, assignments etc.

Prologue
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell​

The year is 2029; man has nearly exhausted all of its resources and has fled to the stars looking for more energy. We nearly destroyed each other in nuclear warfare until we realised that there was more for us to take. Men explored into space where they built colonies where people could live happily among their own communities, soon these colonies grew. They grew to the size of small countries whilst others were destroyed before they could grow too large pirates, politics, resources just about anything could have destroyed these small colonies. Space travel had no longer become a dream it was now a dream come true and now a regular thing for those who lived among the stars. On Earth it was a much different story. The remaining countries squabbled for many years fighting with each other over food and water. Some countries that were a part of the UN seemed to be safe from this all but it didn't last for long, certain countries didn't like the way things were handled and took it into their own hands by starting wars with other countries who too refused to join the UN and the customs and laws that came with it. The UN was soon only a small fraction of the remaining countries. The UN became power hungry and tried its hardest to salvage what was left of the Earth but only made it worse. They inflicted harsh rules on those apart of them; they kept food rations to a minimum as they tried to spread them all over the globe. But they had bigger problems at hand; they were also in charge of the colonies in space that were happy being a part of the UN's regiment, because out there life was easy there was no danger.

There was no danger until people realised that living this easy wasn't fun. People got bored, humans got hungry and as they watched the colonies grow they got even hungrier. What do humans do when they get hungry, they take a bite and another thinking it won't harm anyone in the long run and soon enough they become addicted to it. They need more because it isn't enough to keep them fed. The larger colonies got tired some decided to have some fun. A small militia of 300 soldiers stormed a small colony called 'Prime'. They killed the men, woman and children; they burnt their crops and butchered their livestock. Humans had gone back to their old ways. Word soon spread among the colonies that 'Prime' had been destroyed. No one really knew what was going on. Rumours started that the people who attacked 'Prime' were a part of the UN's army; they were attackers from Earth who deemed space unholy.

Eventually people became uneasy and scared, something was coming and it was bringing a storm. After a while things cooled down but soon after tragedy struck yet again. This time between two space colonies, two powerful families owned most of their colonies and they were hungry for more. One of the families the 'Corals' attempted to buy out the others land but the other family, the 'Jacques' took high offence to this and bloodshed was too follow with the causalities in the millions. Both gathered an army and attacked one another, the war lasted only a few months before the Elite Forces stopped the fighting. They were the UN's back up plan. Armed with giant mechs called Zakus they could destroy anything with only a few units. In the end both families were arrested and stripped of their assets due to their 'war crimes'.

The Elite Forces took any chance they could to use their mobile suits. They did so in order to keep everyone in line, life was almost a prison. People were imprisoned behind the laws of society. But they were still much better off than on the land beneath them.

Most countries had either merged with higher powers or been eliminated by others. The UN had forsaken the Earth and now looked to the sky believing Earth unsalvageable. Countries took advantage over this and killed millions of people for land. No amount of bloodshed this high had ever been seen before. After a few years Australia and Russia stepped in ending most of the conflicts with Mobile Suits, the wars were over quickly when people heard that their armies contained weapons no one had ever seen before, moving giants that shot bullets the size of tennis balls. Many powers wanted to know how they built these machines but after many failed attempts at locating this information a blue print was found. It was a blueprint for one of the mobile suits that initially worked on the colonies. They could be redesigned for combat but probably couldn't take much of a beating but it had mass production in mind. The machine could be refitted with just about anything making it a versatile machine. The group that came in possession of this blueprint had no allegiance and as word spread they were treated like royalty and anyone with common sense would give all they had to be a part of the rebuilding of Earth.

Back up on the colonies the UN's Elite Force ruled with an iron fist, many people were greatful for their lives but freedom was limited, some people tried to escape by flying further into space but they would eventually be caught by the EF's Zakus or with resources running out. Some decided to flee back to Earth with the knowledge of what was going on with them, this was seen as traitorous and treason against the people and the punishment was death. Most were shot down before they could re-enter the atmosphere whilst a few made it to Earth. They were greeted by desolate cities, with nothing but silence. Many died on the journey looking for life some set up small encampments and living simple lives trying to survive among the elements.

The people left on Earth all flocked towards the new technology, apparently a city had been built out of the ruins of Tokyo, robotic balls built it from the ground up and there were lights that shone brighter than the stars and the huge objects that float in the sky. People could finally live in peace but not for long the group who found the technology remained safe and built themselves a huge fortress calling themselves the Brotherhood. They built their fortress around these huge underground labs that were the main source of Japans information and technology before the great move to space. Inside there were many plans for giant robots that resembled the giant warriors that saved the people of Earth from the wars. Many of the old countries that had joined the Brotherhood had merged with them and they tried their hardest to relive the old life. Many people joined back with them and they were able to live peacefully until a group of thieves were able to sneak into the complex and steal the plans for the giant robots. They were not seen or heard of ever again. The brotherhood told the people only a smidgen of information and told that whoever stole these plans would be allowed to live if they turned themselves in. No one did, people began to spread rumours that the Russian/Australians had stolen the plans but no one had heard of them since the great wars. Many years later the city was attacked, giant robot warriors stormed the city they killed anyone who posed a threat and destroyed the brotherhood. They called themselves 'Laputa' they were a merged alliance of governments that decided to stay on Earth waiting for the UN now the Elite Forces to save them. Along with Laputa came more technology that ran on nuclear energy, a handful could power their city for many years.

Remnants of the brotherhood took what information they knew and built their own machines to combat Laputa. But they were easily crushed from the materials they used to build these giant warriors. This did not stop the information from spreading for information on building Mobile Suits had spread faster than a forest fire and any old bloke could build one if they had the right materials and knew enough people. People from outside Tokyo soon spread to restoring other cities and living peacefully but no sooner had humans gone back to their barbaric nature. Groups of twisted bastards grouped together to build their own Mobile Suits and trying to form their own towns fighting with each other. Some didn't even want to do this they would fight whoever they saw, there was tales of people who could manually control the Mobile Suits and they were forces to be reckoned with.

Laputa saw this and created its own special task force that could combat supposedly anything or anyone from attacking its city, Tokyo. These people were ace pilots who could take out five guncannons before a single bullet pierced their armour. They used mobile suits that had been developed for use by the Elite Forces.​

Last edited:
    Back