• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Maybe it's just me, but I say go Genin. If the RP were relatively long, it could make for some interesting developments and events, such as the exams and the gradual growth of strength in the members as they grow from Genin to Jounin. I like the idea of starting small and gradually working towards a larger future, much in the way the series does (and possibly better), but that's just me.

Whilst I think that would be great, typically it takes years and years to go from stage to stage. It would either feel like there is a rush to get promoted or there would be a lot of unequal power amongst the group.

Jounin or Chounin would work best I think, with a solid story for the squad (some minor missions, some kind of serious thing they must overcome as a group).

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'll open spots for people who want to be freshly promoted Chuunin or experienced Jonin. Everyone will be happy that way. Also I think I'll set the RP after Sasuke left for Orochimaru or when Naruto returned from his training with Jiraiya.

Khawill

<3
Years
@Jnathan I'll join, I'll have a SU ready as soon as it comes up
Are you going to have squads? Like will we make 3 characters, or will we group up? Or will it be one character and 2 npcs?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'll try to get the OOC thread up by the end of this week. If exams don't kill me that is.
@Khawill : There will be squads as usual and I think I'll pair the RPers in a squad. It'll be easier that way imo.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It will follow the main story with some twists. So what arc do you guys want to begin with? When Sasuke left Konoha or when Naruto returned?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It will follow the main story with some twists. So what arc do you guys want to begin with? When Sasuke left Konoha or when Naruto returned?
That's the reason I asked. If we pick the "Shippuden Begins" arc then there'd really be no conflict for...most of it. Same for the "Post-Naruto" arc. That's not necessarily a bad thing, we could have a conflictless RP, but I think that you should take into consideration making the RP take place after Shippuden or, conversely, in a universe where the Original Characters do not exist.

Khawill

<3
Years
idk, the system would be flawed (System of two factions)
With two sides, assuming even split only half of your rpers would be on one side at any given moment
this becomes a problem with squads, where (assuming the sensei is a player) you would have 4 per squad.

Which means, there would need to be 8 players for two squads on one side. This presents a quantity problem, considering this assumes there will be a lot of players interested (possible as PTA has shown). Since people don't evenly split, there it would be hard to create squads at all. (A 3-5 split in the instance of 8 players would be very unfortunate, but likely)

If we remove a faction, then every player will be on one side. If you were to have 9 players, that would be 2 groups and an extra (who could wait for another group, join as a 5th man, or create an NPC group). Also factions split the players, itd be like 2 different RPs.

Also I'm joining as a Genin, itd be too awesome to pass up.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
idk, the system would be flawed (System of two factions)
With two sides, assuming even split only half of your rpers would be on one side at any given moment
this becomes a problem with squads, where (assuming the sensei is a player) you would have 4 per squad.

Arguably, those in Jounin (and probably Chounin) squads don't even need a leader. To be honest, I'm really against Genin being part of the RP. Mainly because the level between an ordinary Genin and a Jounin is astounding - if it came to combat they would have zero chance of beating an opposing team and would have to either god-mode or die.

6 vs 6 = Two teams made of Chounins/Jounins. Players can sign up to which side they are on and then agree amongst themselves for the squads (or be grouped together by GM).

Years
Swift's reasoning makes a lot of sense, then if the RP got a lot of interest you could just increase both sides to have 9. I'm pretty much up for this, but especially if you go the way Swift described. On a similar note, will custom jutsu/kekke genkai be allowed? If not you will limit your RP a lot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
real-1_zps50d7981b.png

CROSS O V E R

One night, you are awakened by an explosion outside your window. There stands an angry monster who seems determined to destroy everything in its path on the street. The scariest thing is not that it is a monster, though. But it is a monster that you recognize. It is a pokémon.

Suddenly, a sparkle appears in the middle of your room and something comes out of it, as if stepping through an unseen wall. It is a small pokémon! And it holds a little bag, containing four pokéballs and a letter...

Does this look interesting enough? Pokémon with a digimon-like premise. I got a brainstorm tornado and made up a whole plot from beginning to end, with key events and characters and stuff. And I couldn't really just let it go, sooo... :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like it, Red! o3o I wanna know more! XD
Oh wow, that was fast :D Okay, it would include annoying psychic types, a secret Agency and some stubborn legendary pokémon. Who are also catastrophically dangerous. And also Bill, the pokémaniac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back