• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPChallenge: January *NEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

RPChallenge
    January Edition

Welcome to our new, monthly RPChallenge! Since it's been a long time since the RPOs, and many of our current users weren't around to experience it, I will be starting RPChallenges on a monthly basis. These challenges are short, require only one post and will be voted on by helpful members – the winner will receive a shiny new emblem and a one-time HTML usertitle!

This event will last until 25th January, judging will then take place!​

>>> CHALLENGE!

Write a roleplay sample (400-1000 words) using the image below. It is up to you how the woman comes into your post, the relationships that exist in your story or even her personality. The only things that are fixed is her appearance, clothing and name. This sample but also be an original piece, no recycling!

Dr. Amy Simmons

hqdefault.jpg

Also known as Medusa of Soul Eater.

>>> JUDGING!

In order to rank the entries, at the end of the period, I need two more volunteer judges. Unfortunately, judges are unable to take part and judge a single event, sorry!

Well that's the judging spaces gone already.

Judge 1: Magic Fox
    Judge 2: Skymin
    Judge 3: [supporter]firelordyago[/supporter]
    Judge 4: SV

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Before I say anything about this post I want to ask Swifty a question: My post is 900 words. Is that ok? Because in the Winter Short Story Contest in FF&W, only if we posted like 500 more words then only would the judges start deducting points.

Now a bit about the post. I saw the picture and immediately thought that Dr. Amy Simmons would be a good villain. And since scientists are also referred to as doctors I thought "Why not make her a nuclear scientist?" Now for every good story we need a hero and so I created Inspector Nero, a middle aged inspector who specializes in interviewing criminals. That is all. Hope you enjoy reading the post!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Consider this a placeholder, oh great ones. By the way, is her title 'Medusa of Soul Eater' or what is it?

Is Dr Amy Simmons, the name above :).

Post here when you've ready. Of course you're free to start and edit as you go up until the 25th!

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • A bit about the piece before you read it.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to do this. When I read the challenge, I knew I wanted to participate, but it was left so wide open as to how to do it. She could be a minor character, she could be a major character. It could be about her but it didn't have to be. So how to go about doing this?

I decided to take a personal approach, giving her life through a personal situation she's going through, the death of her parents. It's not something many think to do when they RP, as they tend to stay on subject, but sometimes a little back story, a little flash back, helps it all piece together what kind of person they are and why they are who they are. Why they act in certain situations or portray certain emtions. I hope you enjoy it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Good to have an entry in already! Remember guys, you've got a while until the 25th :) and don't feel obliged to save a spot either - just post when you're ready.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    TD: The word count has actually been expanded to 1000 words :) nice round number.

Two entries so far! ;D One week to go!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Bruce, best hurry! I'll leave this open until I wake up tomorrow.

10:30am GMT - Closed for Judging.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    CONGRATULATIONS: 幕之内 一歩
    Winner of RPChallenge - January

Prizes: Congratulatory Emblem, one-time HTML usertitle

Please PM me for more details about your usertitle. :) Both contestants will receive a PM shortly showing them their scores and their feedback from the judges. Thank you for participating! RPChallenge February will commence in a few days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back