• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Basic Messages in Pokescript

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Hey everyone, Retro here! Here's a tutorial on how to script basic messages using Pokescript in Fire Red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
To be honest pokescript is a very outdated and archaic script compiler, actually exist XSE, SEA, PKSV and Red Alien, and are much more better than pokescript, but thanks for trying to make a scripting videotutorial c:

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Really, instead of commenting on the quality of the tutorial, you guys are trashing poke script and saying my hacking methods are inferior because you prefer other programs... Thanks guys

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Really, instead of commenting on the quality of the tutorial, you guys are trashing poke script and saying my hacking methods are inferior because you prefer other programs... Thanks guys

That's not really the issue here. Pokescript was written in a time when people were still figuring out how scripting worked so there are a number of commands that are either missing or incorrect, and the compiler is buggy. Now neither XSE nor PKSV are perfect, but they represent a significant step forward compared to Pokescript in terms of both usability and safety.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years

That doesn't make sense, it is as if I make a tutorial of how to insert tiles with UNLZ, or how insert overworlds with Tile Molester, the life is in constant evolution, the technology evolves, and also the Romhacking methods and tutorials evolves, isn't necesary make tutorials with outdated, harder and buggy methods, you can contribute with other type of useful tutorials, but the pokescript method aren't good in this times.

Back