• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(OU) Quit complaining and look at this

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ahh...crap. I love Dragonite, but always used Salamence. Well, here's proof that you don't just need Salamence to be threatening.

Spr_4p_407_m_s.png

@ Focus Sash
    Timid
    Natural Cure

252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Hp

Toxic Spikes
    Sleep Powder
    Hidden Power Ice
    Leaf Storm

Self-explanatory, really. It's a suicide-lead that relies on others to kill it xD

Hidden Power Ice > Fire as I'm sure we can all tell Dragonite shall become even more common without Salamence.
    Leaf Storm is a beastly move, so, why not?

Spr_4p_485_s.png

@ Life Orb
    Naive

252 Spe / 4 SpD / 4 SpA

Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Fire Blast
    Earth Power

I'm running this behind Roserade, as it can switch in on enemy Heatran and hit them with Earth Power, hopefully taking a Flash Fire boost aswell.

However, it also serves another purpose in destroying enemy Heatran that aren't leads, in order to clear the way for Kingdra later on.

Dragon Pulse is there because it counters dragons, hence why I'm running Heatran - incase somebody else does, and tries to Dragon Pulse my Kingdra.

Spr_4p_462.png

@ Choice Scarf
    Naive
    Magnet Pull

4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Fire
    Flash Cannon
    Explosion

Standard ScarfZone, can obliterate any steels switching into Kingdra to take an Outrage.
    It also kills the only 2 things that resist my Kingdra set - Empoleon and Shedinja (incidentally, Kingdra cannot learn a neutral-damage move for Empoleon, and luckily Shedinja are rare).

Spr_4p_479W.png

@Leftovers
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Speed
    Bold Nature
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

Spr_4h_134.png

@ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SAtk

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Wish
    -Protect

I put EVs into Special Attack since Dragonite tends to be bulkier than Salamence.

Spr_4h_230.png

@Leftovers
    244 Hp / 112 Atk / 152 Spe

Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's a great team with a great focus. I've always liked Kingdra because less people were prepared for it, but we'll see how things change with Salamence banned.

For Celebi, change Grass Knot to U-Turn. Celebi attracts Skarmory and Scizor more than any other Pokemon on your team. So in the beginning of the game, use Celebi as a scout and switch accordingly.

Another thing your team could use is a bulky Water to finish the Grass-Fire-Water trifecta created by Celebi and Heatran. Your bulky Water will be a reliable counter against Dragon Dance Dragonite, whose use should skyrocket within the coming months. Vaporeon is a good choice. It also counters Infernape, who will also see more use with Salamence gone.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SAtk

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Wish
    -Protect

I put EVs into Special Attack since Dragonite tends to be bulkier than Salamence.

Replace Tyranitar with this. Tyranitar's Sandstream may end up limiting your Kingdra's staying power or the amount of Substitutes it can create.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your battles!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Wow.....always forget about the sandstream....Yeah, I'll definitely edit that into my team. I'm usually able to add it to any team...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You lack Stealth Rock. Put it on Heatran over Pulse.

Also Gyarados weak. Put Rotom over Celebi as it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. This also allows you to block rapid spin.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ok....which Rotom set do I use?

Because no matter which I use, somebody else always seems to run a better one....xD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Run a defensive Rotom-A, so it can basically do the same thing as Celebi, but different. o_o;

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpDef
    Bold Nature
    -Discharge / Thunderbolt
    -Wil-O-Wisp
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Poisoned Tar weak @ Pursuit ^ lol

Id run a sub set so you can scout their switch in.

Rotom@Leftovers
    252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Speed
    Bold Nature
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

Basically sub and stall with t-spikes down. Speed evs beat all Scizor

Next, something worth testing would be this.

Kingdra@Leftovers
    244 HP / 112 Atk / 152 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

This takes status for you now that you lack Celebi and with Magnezone support nothing really stops this guy well. Beats ScarfTar after a dd.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Wow...sounds unique....I'll test it a few times tomorrow, see which one works out best, then see what fits into my team better. It does make sense, I'll admit that. And it's not like Outrage doesn't trap me anyhow.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Wow...sounds unique....I'll test it a few times tomorrow, see which one works out best, then see what fits into my team better. It does make sense, I'll admit that. And it's not like Outrage doesn't trap me anyhow.

The cool thing is that if sleep talk selects Outrage you don't get locked in. :]

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Right.

Well....Outrage not getting locked in is pretty useful.

However, I'm putting Shuca Berry back on Heatran. Honestly, that really saves my ass a lot of times. It turns my Heatran into a ScarfTran counter, aswell as pulling off a KO on enemy Life Orb Heatran.

Back