• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that Deserve Remakes.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I agree with Spino, MGS1 would really benefit from a proper remake. I attempted to play through it but the shooting mechanics were too frustrating. Wish there was a lock-on feature. The graphics are pixelated too, but at least the game still looks pretty good thanks to its art direction.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I personally wouldn't mind if Castlevania 64 and/or Legacy of Darkness received a remake on the 3DS or another console. I thought they were pretty fun to play a while back, but my only problem was that the control engine felt kinda awkward and outdated, so it would be nice to see that aspect solidified. (And the graphics too, but I guess I can live without good graphics.)

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • A couple of people brought up FE 6 and 7 as a package remake, which I totally agree would be sweet, but I'd love for them to figure in a way to throw Sacred Stones in there as well, to make it a complete GBA collection. Other than that, I'd love to see a really good Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remaster. Along with maybe a reboot to the series, to wipe away some of the bad taste from the other games in the series. Or at least find better ways to incorporate these into the Assassin's Creed series, since, y'know, spiritual successor and all.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I think it would be awesome if they remade For the Frog the Bell Tolls (one of Nintendo's games for the original Game Boy - the main character is an Assist Trophy in SSB4). The problem is that the original wasn't released outside of Japan and the game mechanics are kind of weird, but it would be awesome. But it would be cool to see on the 3DS. They could make it bigger and longer, and maybe update the game mechanics.

I was thinking of that title as well. It's a fun, odd little game that hasn't dated too well, but would definitely benefit from a remake. Could make something interesting of the frog/snake mechanics, lol.

Fire Emblem Genealogy of The Holy War (or Seisen no keifu as it's called in japan).

That's my personal first choice as well. My inner fanboy salivates at the prospect of seeing that game in current generation graphics.

Probably doesn't "deserve" a remake, but I'd be happy with a remake of either of the first two Grandia games. Those two games hold a special place for getting me into the JRPG genre (along with FFIX) and I'd love to see anything, at this point, Grandia related just to be sure that series isn't dead for good. You can argue about the characters, and story, but the that battle system, man, still my favorite to this date.

Years
  • I have only recently gotten into the fire emblem games and from what I've heard FE 6 and 7 are pretty awesome. If they made a remake of FE 6 and 7, I would probably buy it.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I would really like a remake of a game called Jak X combat racing. I don't like racing games, or cart racers, but Jak X combat racing is definitely an exception to the rule. It's like mario kart in the sense that you can get weapons to attack other racers, and I think what really made me love the game was that you could hold two different weapons. One to shoot out the rear, and one to shoot in front of you. Long story short it's one of my favorite games to this day. I say it could use a remake because it looks really awful if you try to play it on an HD tv for some reason.

Back