• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genre of the week: Crime

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
This is similar to detective stories, but the genre is more broad to a wider scope of plots and viewpoints.

The Lincoln Lawyer, Law & Order, and after doing some research, I was surprised to find To Kill a Mockingbird fit in this genre as well. However, looking back on the book, I can see why. It just caught me off guard a little.

Anyway, this genre is always interesting to me. The way the story curves around and unfolds as you discover more clues is something that grips me to the page or screen very effectively. Many times I tried to walk past the tv while my roommate was watching Law & Order, but I stayed a second too late and the story had already piqued my interest. Writing these types of stories can be tricky, as if you don't give the right clues at the right time, the story can either be way too predictable, or impossibly confusing. I don't think I've had an idea in this genre yet, but maybe I'll give it a shot some time in the future.

Bay

Years
I watched some of Law and Order SVU a few years ago and enjoyed the episodes I watched. I think Elementary is considered a crime show too since many of the episodes dealt with Sherlock and Joan Watson solving various crimes with the police (their interactions are soooo good, haha).

Don't think I've read a true crime story in recent memory, although I did read To Kill A Mockingbird sometime ago. I guess part of the reason is the book is known more for its social commentary instead of as a crime story.

Back