• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I cannot get my pallets to work with my pokemon I'm inserting into my game.

these are the sprites I'm trying to insert. :

2B.png
2D.png
2A.png
2C.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I just tried it and it worked for me... did u try clicking synchronize palette and update palette?
Yes I tried both of those however when I do that the chest of the shiny front view turns dark pink instead of yellow and the belly of the shiny back view turns dark pink instead of yellow. Also the shadow turns yellow on the edge along with various other miscolorings.

When I attempt to correct these colors by double clicking the palettes it messes up other colors on the pokemon's body.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot of the pokemon after syncing and updating the palettes.

error.png

Last edited:
Years
ah... thats because its the way you've saved the pictures. The shiny palette should synchronize with the normal palette in the places that are colored. Like for example:
Suppose you had a green color you wanted to change to blue. Then it should be like this

Normal Palette:
X X X X G1 G2 G3 G4 X X X X X X X X

Shiny Palette:
X X X X B1 B2 B3 B4 X X X X X X X X

The X's are the other colors that remain constant. The colors you want to change should be in the exact corresponding spot as the normal palette.

I think its because the belly uses the same color as the tail flower. Since there's only one instance of the yellow in the palette, the game changes the belly to pink along with the flower center. I'd suggest either changing the yellow on the flower to a slightly different color or changing the palette to include another instance of the yellow.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
ah... thats because its the way you've saved the pictures. The shiny palette should synchronize with the normal palette in the places that are colored. Like for example:
Suppose you had a green color you wanted to change to blue. Then it should be like this

Normal Palette:
X X X X G1 G2 G3 G4 X X X X X X X X

Shiny Palette:
X X X X B1 B2 B3 B4 X X X X X X X X

The X's are the other colors that remain constant. The colors you want to change should be in the exact corresponding spot as the normal palette.

I think its because the belly uses the same color as the tail flower. Since there's only one instance of the yellow in the palette, the game changes the belly to pink along with the flower center. I'd suggest either changing the yellow on the flower to a slightly different color or changing the palette to include another instance of the yellow.

Hmm.. ok if I include another instance of yellow, would it be on the shiny, nonshiny or both versions?

Years
Both Versions. And you'd have to make sure that that color is only for the belly and not for the flower. (i.e. if u change that color on the palette, only one the belly should change)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Both Versions. And you'd have to make sure that that color is only for the belly and not for the flower. (i.e. if u change that color on the palette, only one the belly should change)
Thanks for trying to help but I couldn't get it to work. I think that having that many yellows exceeded my palette's color limit. Instead I just made it more consistently pink which is kind of weird but I guess it's ok.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I'm new to scripting, but not new to programming.
I wrote a pretty basic script with some messages and movement and I tried putting it into a script tile on a map in AdvanceMap after I complied it. The script does not activate upon stepping on the tile. I set the unknown value for the tile to 0003 (I tried 0300 too) and the Var number to 4050 as instructed, but to no avail. I know the issue is not with the script itself, because I checked it by assigning it to a Person Event, and it ran as intended.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I'm new to scripting, but not new to programming.
I wrote a pretty basic script with some messages and movement and I tried putting it into a script tile on a map in AdvanceMap after I complied it. The script does not activate upon stepping on the tile. I set the unknown value for the tile to 0003 (I tried 0300 too) and the Var number to 4050 as instructed, but to no avail. I know the issue is not with the script itself, because I checked it by assigning it to a Person Event, and it ran as intended.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Could you please post the script? (Just so I know what is supposed to happen)
Also, do you want the script to activate the instant the player walks into a new map?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for your response! Here's a copy of the script I'm using. I realize that it does have errors (which I noticed when I ran it out of the person event, but I'd like to get the script tile to work before I do that.)

Spoiler:

So that's it. The script event tile is on the Route 1 map, so it's not activating as soon as I enter a new map, no. I just want it to activate once this particular tile is stepped on, and that's not happening.

Years
Guys, I need help with two problems.

First: I created a new map, 1.123. I connected it with the existing map 1.113 (both are inside the folder "ICEFALL CAVE"). Done correctly, the 1.123 with 1.113 and 1.113 with 1.123. Went to test in VBA. When I move the map 1.113 to 1.123, the character goes through normally. However, when I went over 1.123 for 1.113, he did not return. It is as if the map were not connected. Tried to turn the maps by Advance 1.92 and 1.95 Map and none worked. How to solve this problem?

Second: This second map that I created, the character does not run. Just walk or use the bike. But if I press the B button (GBA) the character does not run. How to resolve?

Thank you!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Thanks for your response! Here's a copy of the script I'm using. I realize that it does have errors (which I noticed when I ran it out of the person event, but I'd like to get the script tile to work before I do that.)

Spoiler:

So that's it. The script event tile is on the Route 1 map, so it's not activating as soon as I enter a new map, no. I just want it to activate once this particular tile is stepped on, and that's not happening.

Okay, try this:

You need a "lockall" command at the beginning of your script. (Just before "textcolor 0x0") Also, there needs to be a "setvar 0x4050 0x1" command just before your "releaseall" command at the end of your script.

Your AdvancedMap settings are correct, but since you used 4050 for the var number, you also need to insert a "setvar 0x4050 0x1" command at the end of your script. This will make it so that when the script ends, it will be removed from the game forever.

Guys, I need help with two problems.

First: I created a new map, 1.123. I connected it with the existing map 1.113 (both are inside the folder "ICEFALL CAVE"). Done correctly, the 1.123 with 1.113 and 1.113 with 1.123. Went to test in VBA. When I move the map 1.113 to 1.123, the character goes through normally. However, when I went over 1.123 for 1.113, he did not return. It is as if the map were not connected. Tried to turn the maps by Advance 1.92 and 1.95 Map and none worked. How to solve this problem?

Second: This second map that I created, the character does not run. Just walk or use the bike. But if I press the B button (GBA) the character does not run. How to resolve?

Thank you!

For the first problem:

Where exactly does the player end up after they go from 1.123 to 1.113? Does the game freeze or does the player get warped to a random map or something?

For the second problem:

Go to the second map's header. Under "Map Options" and "Type", what does it say? If it says "Inside", change it to something else. Any map with an "Inside" typing will disable the run feature for that specific map.

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for answering me. Well, I linked the maps. I'll show a image so that you understand what's going on... (open the Spoiler to see the prints)

Spoiler:

It was not to have problems ...

---------

On the second problem, the character cannot run. No, is set to "Underground" instead of "Inside". See:

Spoiler:

Why this is happening?

------------

EDIT: The second problem I fix changing set the "Show name on entering" to "??? [07]". But the first problem persists.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for the help! I had another script using the same variable which would explain why this one wasn't triggering.

I appreciate the explanation, it really helped!

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Thank you for answering me. Well, I linked the maps. I'll show a image so that you understand what's going on... (open the Spoiler to see the prints)

Spoiler:

It was not to have problems ...

---------

On the second problem, the character cannot run. No, is set to "Underground" instead of "Inside". See:

Spoiler:

Why this is happening?

------------

EDIT: The second problem I fix changing set the "Show name on entering" to "??? [07]". But the first problem persists.

This might be a complete hunch, but it might be that your offset is an odd number. The game seems finnicky about odd numbers as an offset...if you look in the original games, I don't think any map has an odd number as an offset. I've had a few in my game that cause problems, and a few that don't. I can't think of anything else, though :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back