• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleepy

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Lately, I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been feeling sleepy, like all I want to do is just lay around and sleep all the time. I'm getting way behind cleaning my apartment up, and I'm also way behind on this one Pokemon RPG site I'm on. But when I sit down to type everytime my mind goes blank and I can't think straight.

And even worse I'm way behind in my church, my bible studies are very low. And I've tried everything to give me more energy, from eating veggies, drinking juice and energy drinks to forcing myself to get outside and walk around, nothing, I'm still out of it.

I don't know if I should just go to a doctor to find out why I never have any energy or not. This is driving me nuts! I don't know what to do anymore. At least now I know what's making me ill all the time. It's my lack of energy. Anyone got any ideas that can help me? Please no rude remarks saying,"Ask a doctor not us!" That's why I'm asking here cause I don't know if I should go to a doctor or not since my Medicaid no longer covers my bill.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I really dont know what to say. Maybe you are stressed out as it has a tendency to make one sleepy.

-shrugs- I'm really not sure though. Also, it could be possible you have adrenal fatigue but that's just a possibility.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
When I am sleepy I go to sleep. I am not sure if this helps you in any way.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Do a sport, or do something thrilling like bungee jumping or something. Or, if you don't sleep at least seven hours a day, get some more sleep.
I'm not sure if I helped, I'm not a doctor.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Hmm, tired... Forget about everything one day and rest. Your body should think "ah, we've rested, we can get back to normal mode." Energy drinks don't do much, what you need is candy!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Energy drinks are only good for short bursts of energy followed by a down period, much like the sugar high that candy and soft drinks give, so I would try to cut those out for a start.

As you've been working on your diet and lifestyle (eating more veggies, walking outside more) I'd suggest to keep that up for a while to see if there's any improvement. If not, as you've said, I'd say go to a doctor.

Years
Just make sure to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night, for starters. Also, for caffeine, stick to stuff without sugar, since the crash from the sugar can be brutal. And get more natural light... I know from experience that this can help clear your head, even on a cloudy day.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
stray away from energy drinks or excessive caffeine. i don't think sugar affects anything though
like other people mentioned, keep up with your walking and healthy diet
maybe try some yoga? :D idk. try not to stress yourself

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
stray away from energy drinks or excessive caffeine. i don't think sugar affects anything though

Oh, sure it does! Why do you think kids can be so hyper? haha.
I had an insane caffeine/sugar high the other night... I almost went all Cornholio at work (for those Beavis and Butt-Head fans out there).

Anyway, Konekodemon, the symptoms you've mentioned have a wide, wide range. One thing that comes to mind might actually be depression, which can affect you just as much physiologically. I'd go to the doctor for a checkup, and if (hopefully) everything turns out alright and this continues, you might want to ask a psychiatrist. :-/

Just my two cents.

PS:

Or, if you don't sleep at least seven hours a day, get some more sleep

I disagree with this... excessive sleep can actually make you more lethargic. If I remember, there are studies to support the idea that getting less sleep is healthier than more sleep. People who get on average 5, 6 or 7 hours of sleep tend to be healthier and live longer than those who get 8, 9 or 10 hours.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
I had an insane caffeine/sugar high the other night... I almost went all Cornholio at work (for those Beavis and Butt-Head fans out there).

"I am Cornholio, I need teepee for my _____. ARE YOU THREATENING ME?!"
Cornholio6.jpg
:laugh:

I had this same problem myself a few times. I realized it came from me sleeping in too long, because if you do that, it actually makes you feel more tired. Hope that helps, but don't take my advice as the last word obviously. Dr. Sin got his degree at Wal-Mart. :P

Last edited:
Years
I disagree with this... excessive sleep can actually make you more lethargic. If I remember, there are studies to support the idea that getting less sleep is healthier than more sleep. People who get on average 5, 6 or 7 hours of sleep tend to be healthier and live longer than those who get 8, 9 or 10 hours.

I'd say 6 is a reasonable amount of regular sleep... because consistently getting less than 6 hours of sleep has apparently been linked to an increased risk for sudden death recently. And 7 hours is a good cap, for those who have found they haven't grown taller in several years.

Years
Scientists recommend 6-8 depending on the person, anything less or more is bad. Yes to much sleep is actually bad for you. That is if it's on a regular basis though, don't worry about the odd lie-in or all-nighter. :P

And have you changed your diet or lifestyle at all? New job? Stressed? Et cetera? If there's not been a obvious trigger I'd suggest seeing a doctor, tiredness can be a symptom of a rainbow of problems. I wouldn't worry to much though. :3

RuRuBell

Beeef
Years
I always feel tired and sluggish because I have anemia, and I don't eat very well.

Could be something that's stressing you, or bothering you mentally? I heard that mental distress can make a person sleep more/less.

If you sleep too much, though, it makes you more tired. Around 7/8 hours a night is what's recommended.

But maybe it wouldn't hurt to get your iron levels checked? That's what I had to get done when I started feeling like that, and you can see what they found out.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
I'm always sleepy at school. and my friend that sits near me says that I'm drugged ><.
Go to a doctor.

EDIT
^
Strange, I play a LOT and my eyes aren't hurting or something.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Please make a point to see a doctor Konek.
It's only out of concern that this may be a symptom of a serious condition that I say this. Better safe than sorry. So if this is abnormal, rather sudden, or extreme in that it's getting in the way of life as you said, it's probably a good idea to see a doctor. I'm not going to worry you with any of the things I think major-sleepiness could be. I can't think of anything fatal or horribly debilitating though.

Anyway, better safe than sorry if it's interrupting your life.

Back