• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Riders [M]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
NPC Form

Throughout Riders, many important NPCs and characters may be introduced... and keeping track of them all will be rather important.

Thus this sign up form exists, allowing these characters to be officiated. Copy and quote for the simple as sin CSS.

CHARACTER NAME

Personality: (Half a paragraph minimum.)

Weaponry and/or Abilities: (List form, explain sorcery and magical abilities briefly if needed.)

Background: (Half a paragraph minimum.)

Role: (The primary role this character will play in the story.)

Last edited:

Jay

Years

7c5f61dae0bf7cdc6453fcf628eccd2a.jpg

Alton Yarandel

Personality:
Alton is as stoic and respectful as one of his background is expected to be. He is filled with a deep sense of purpose and duty to serve and protect the Riders whom saved his life and gave his people a second chance at a future. He is not easily angered, lest his charges or the people of Pharus are threatened. He is pleasant, friendly, a tad too polite when not drunk and altogether what a knight should be. He enjoys wine, fine dining and chess.

Weaponry and/or Abilities:
- An iron falchion.
- A set of plate armor and noble robes.
- Basic sorcery that can heal some minor wounds at the cost of great energy.

Background:
Born into a noble family of elves whom presided over the mixed race town of Redford, he adores his home but yearned for a greater destiny. He served as chief knight of his father's house and captain of Redford's guard. When his father and mother died due to a mysterious illness he took the time of Redford's mayor. Once village was destroyed by a goblin attack, he returned to Redford after bravely fighting alongside the new Riders. The Old Rider rewarded him by knighting him and allowing him the privilege of serving as the new Knight Commander of Pharus city, a job he was more than willing to take for his own honor and the ensured safety of the remaining citizens of Redford.

Role: Knight Commander of the Pharus Guard.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

f8b5da286d0bd44857c0f146d947261d.jpg

Laethri Xilokerym

Personality:

An outwardly appearance of being kind, calm and collected. Laethri is usually chill and more lethargic with the way that she moves and speaks, however the thought of a good hunt or challenge will greatly excite her. She enjoys serving people and cooking, but also the feel of a bow, sword or spear in her hands. Due to her cultural heritage, she still finds some sort of enjoyment in a good piece of art whether its painted, sculpted, sung, written or whatever - though she appreciates art in its many forms, she's never actively pursued it in any way.

Weapons:

- Longbow
- Dual wields steel curved short swords
- Steel Barbed Javelin w/ chain

Magic:

- Cause a held object to expand or contract in width up to 5x its original size while retaining the same toughness. Weight is increased or decreased in a relative manner, but the strength/breaking point of the object itself remains the same.
- Can find the location of the owner of any object in her hands with enough unbroken concentration. Basically just psychometry but only allows her to see the present time, laying out a path of sorts to the owner's position.

Other:

- She got some wings.
- Leather armor with a metal ring on the stomach that's linked to the Javelin.

Background:

Born into a military family named Xilokerym (Petalsword). Trained in combat and singing from a young age. Encouraged on the daily to broaden her horizons and never be content. Spent 20 years serving in the military under her father. Daddy died in an art raid on a neighboring city when she was 65. She served for a short time of four years as the military leader in his absence. After that time she decided she didn't want that and left to explore on her own. She spent twenty-five years hunting all kinds of random creatures. She decided she wanted to try settling down for a while and practiced some questionable things during that time. She soon took an interest in a family of dwarves residing in the same town and has been watching them closely. Because of recent events, she's left the island that the dwarf and her had resided on and has begun to make her move.

Role: Companion of Xander and occasional bar maid

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

brewmaster_270x310.jpg

Fikras Alemaker

Personality: Friendly and outgoing, Fikras enjoys chatting and drinking as much as the next dwarvern man. Unlike many dwarves, he doesn't care what race you are, as long as you pay for your booze and are an honourable chap. He lacks all subtlety when it comes to women, his infamous line of "Life is short and you are hot" has gotten him hit with the back of several hands in his time.

Weaponry and/or Abilities: Steel Mace, acid bottles and a sling.

Background: Born and raised by the Alemaker family to be, well an alemaker, Fikras embraced his destiny and left his mountain home with all the alchemical knowledge the dwarves could teach, which was rather limited to how much hops to add to a brew... but he traveled around for a bit, learning about different plants from an elven girlfriend, learning how butterfly wings could make excellent healing paste from an insane hermit in the hills, and many more adventures that i'm sure he would be glad to tell you about over a nice frothy mug of his brew, as long as you're buying that is.

Role: Brewmaster and Alchemist.

Note: Will probably make a post about him wandering into town at some point after its got some houses to move into and start running a bar.

Jay

Years

iEX-34G3ROw.jpg

Sophia

Age: Appears to be around 100 elven years, but it is uncertain.

Personality:
Silent, she never speaks a single word. Sge gas a tongue yet despite this she is incapable of producing sound. Her countenance is one of great honor and solidarity however and through gestures she expresses much of her blunt and forthwith nature. Age doesn't hold back in any regard and gives off an if cold and calculated confidence. She rarely shows emotion and when she does let something slip it is never a smile or show of grace.

Occasionally at night she can be seen weeping in the castle gardens. Though she makes no sound as her tears cascade downwards.

There are rumors however, that when she trusts someone enough... her true voice echos in the mind... and a certain understanding is born.

Weaponry and/or Abilities:
- A master of sorcery with a mixed bag of soekks and tricks. Though her most used technique is a spell that allows her to direct the movements of arrows she fires.
- A plain, if oddly sturdy, yew bow.
- A quiver of arrows that never seems to empty.

Background: ???

Role: ???

Last edited:

Jay

Years
~Bestiary - Part 2~
A collection of information about the fantastical creatures of Nobilis, extracted from the book "On Goblins and Griffins - Nobilis' wildlife" by Sir Darkus Reym, Former professional hunter.
Spoiler:

Jay

Years

Mission board!

1:
Some of the villagers have been getting a little antsy over some odd growling during the night. In my new position, it is my duty to undertake this task and investigate, however... I fear werewolves may be the cause, judging by the signs and a recent decrease in cattle there's at least two, maybe three. I must keep the villagers safe at night, the crafty creatures would strike should I leave them unguarded. I beseech you, my Lords and ladies, please put a stop to this menace.
- Alton Yarandel, Captain of the Pharus Guard.

2:
I got a letter from my sister m'lords... she lives due East of here, in the river city upon the marshes. The one with all them pink birds and the like? She's scared m'lords. People 'ave been dying and vanishing in the nights. Found with bite marks on their necks. There's a vampire coven working in their midst, hiding out somewhere... but the creatures seem smarter, more precise than others, the town guard can't 'andle em. Please, I beg ye, help my sister and 'er home. They need a savior, just as I got.
- Bonny Tavish, Farmers Wife.

3:
Remnants of the goblins who attacked Redford are camping North East of the cities borders, in the colder and windier areas surrounding the Northern mountains. If they still retain any of the intelligence gifted by their one time master, we may yet learn more about the Mesmer Knight that attacked the village two days ago. Be careful however, rumors also place a Griffon in that area.
- Krotan

4:
Someone has been breaching the castke by night. Food is going missing, scrolls are being stolen and the risk of important information leaking out is too great to ignore. Alton has informed me of strange markings and shingles falling off the few building we have rebuilt since the villagers arrival... so it is believed that our thief is traversing higher ground to avoid detection by night. Find this perpetrator and bring them into custody if possible. A word of warning however, for this person to break my wards and enter Pharus Castle implies a great deal of magical energy. Proceed with extreme caution.
- Krotan

5:
I assume a lot of you are warriors of some repute, however, I desire to test you further against one another. Two willing riders should come to me and preform an organized duel to allow me judge your individual skill.
- Krotan

6:
Dear Riders,
I'm expected t'feed t'town as a butcher... but ye ne'er told me that there'd be not a scrap of food here in yer stores. I understand tha yer busy people and tha this place needs a lot of work... but I'm no hunter, I cannae go out there and get the meat maself. A herd o' gargantuan boars are making their way across the Western plains... maybe you could try and hunt em for us? Better yet, if you can manage to wrangle the bastards into the large corral just outside the town gate, I could probably breed them indefinitely. Shouldn't be too different from t'cows, right? If you need a hand in t'wrangling, I'd be willin' t'go with ye.
- Ornak Harshcleaver, Pharus Butcher

7:
The efforts to rebuild Pharus are going rather well my Lords and Ladies, however it is tough work for us few to do. The assistance of you and your dragons in any way you can think of would leave us further in your depth.
- Elvira Fornala, Pharus Town Organizer

8:
I have made contact with the Dwarven king, Warden Steelbeard. He wishes to meet with an envoy of ours as proof of the Riders return. Meet with him North West in the Dwarven town of Yaltan. Show only the utmost respect, this could mean much for our cause.
- Krotan

9:
A nearby woodland has recent suffered a sinkhole at its core, leading to a strange cave that folks have avoided. A small cave of human and elf scouts sits at the edge, join them, your presence will bolster their strength and with them you might find the source of the strange occurrence.
- Krotan

10:
Regalia has been abuzz lately as the grand tournament to bring about a new challenger for the human throne is well underway. I have discussed our cause with a potential candidate, one Doran Axebearer, should he rise to the position of King he will support our cause. However, although the games are supposedly fair play, members of the human noble council often back fighters they want to succeed with armor, weaponry and protection. One particular Lord, Remus Darwon, is known to lavishly supply his chosen champion with enchanted raiments and arms... and he is currently backing our man's first opponent, Thrask Tefon. We need to gain favor here and force will not win this day... though subterfuge might. I do not know exactly how you will do it. But I have arranged for one of you to infiltrate the noble circles as a guest prince or princess from a foreign land. While in their circles you must convince Darwin to switch sides and back Axebearer in this coming fight. Befriend the Lord, plant evidence if treachery, convince him of Axebearer strength, whatever you must do, do it. I would highly recommend you only take this mission if you're as skilled with your tongue as you are your blade.
- Krotan

Jay

Years
I'll be claiming mission 4 for myself, now then, go nuts ya crazy kids.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
2, 9 and 10 interest me equally. If anyone else is interested in one of the three be my guest to take one since I'll be a few days before I can write anything.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I'm interested in taking number 10, but if someone really wants it I could go for 9.

EDIT: Since basty is going for 10, I'll go for 9!

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Jz6EZaSfSyCoa6zVBcld

Zane Tybalt

Personality: Zane has never been the tough, hard worker his father always wanted. He's never been much of a serious person, taking everything he does with a grain of salt, or at least trying to. Zane has always been known for the enjoyment he finds in fighting. His attitude towards said things has him seen as cocky, as he often underestimates his opponents and treats fights like a game. Few things get him as excited as fighting though, which is why he's regularly described as being lazy and unambitious by his parents.

Weaponry and/or Abilities: Unnamed straight sword

Background: Since he was a child, Zane has always been destined to be a great swordsman, being labelled a prodigy at the ripe age of of six. When he turned ten Zane was taken by his father to a siege of a small rebel town within the hold. While the young innocent boy was excited by the chance of getting to see his first real battle, he quickly learned that what he would witness was nothing to be excited about.
The father he'd loved and respected all his life, wore the face of a monster. He watched, as the men went from killing grovelling soldiers who'd been broken after watching their comrades fall, to killing innocent civilians who just wanted their children to live on. As any impressionable child could, Zane took to the atmosphere; and made his own presence known by joining the slaughter.
The men who were present on that day returned as heroes, never to speak the truth of what happened during that long knight. Never to tell of the slaughtering of innocents that occurred. Since then, Zane hasn't battled, or even trained much off of his own back. He now only trains to appease his father. While he still retains his innate love for combat, he avoids any kind of serious battle if at all possible.
Despite this he still often wears his armour and sword in order maintain the respect he garnered in his days as a young prodigy.

Role: Protector and mentor to Max aswell as taking a big part in the ongoing family conflicts and politics of their hold. Alongside Cerebelle, Matthew and Layla he will also play a key role in protecting Pharus town against any threats that dont require the assistance of the riders.

R6uTNsX.jpg

Cerebelle Tybalt

Personality: Feisty, mischievous and ambitious. These are just three of the words that are commonly used to describe the only daughter of house Tybat. Having grown up as the only girl, she's had to deal with a lot of pressure to be a lady and has naturally rebelled. This conditioning has made her a fighter, and given her the tenacity to keep striving for what she wants, no matter what the obstacle. While this has benefited her on many occasions, she can often be dismissive of or oblivious to the damage it does to others.

Weaponry and/or Abilities: Unnamed straightsword. (See reference pic)

Background: (WIP)

Role: She acts as a mentor and rival to Max, costantly setting standards for him to strive for. As the two grow together she will be the the standard at which he compares his own skill and progress.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I guess it goes without saying at this point, but Tamber will be with Zile for Mission 4. :3

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

commander_cullen_by_dandybee-d8o3iv0.jpg

Matthew Bradshaw

Weaponry and/or Abilities: Sabre

Role: A mentor and carer for Maxwell and Cerebelle. She too will also be a guardian for Pharus town when needed.

armor_study___practice_by_chaosringen-d73llq1.jpg

Layla Veil

Weaponry and/or Abilities: Shooting Star

Role: A mentor and carer for Maxwell and Cerebelle. She too will also be a guardian for Pharus town when needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

Jay

Years
is this one still open and if so
what are the options to join and create a dragon?

I'm afraid open submissions for SU's are not currently open, replacements for now vacant roles have been chosen from a waiting list, sorry for any inconvenience due to the delay of this response.

peglJeI.gif

IC EVENT 1

"Two riders have been struck down by an unseen foe... and the World already moves to correct its mistakes. Nobillis itself is reacting and growing in response to the resurgence of the Riders and now actions must be taken to present the greatest hope of the land upon the global stage. The Riders of Nobillis, headed by the former Lord Tyron Algray, known to his compatriots as 'Zile' and the dwarven dragon rider Gamvar Ironfist, head towards the Dwarven city of Yaltan to meet with the Dwarven King and seek his alliance with the Riders cause. Though the great support shown to the Riders by the Elven nobility may bring old rivalries to the forefront... and with Sol Laetanas, princess of the elven kingdom attending the council alongside her compatriots, the political dealings are sure to waver between tense and potentially violent until support or exile is attained.

Unbeknownst to the Dwarven King, however, the Riders have received another objective. Rising from the ashes of a fallen friend... a new Rider of iron now rises to take the place of one now lost to time. With a new Rider budding amidst the stone, the current band of heroes must make haste to the town of Brakmar, a settlement of humans and dwarves due North of Yaltan. Even now as they travel onwards, however, a dark power brews in the Dwarves mountains and the Riders may find themselves face to face with their greatest foe yet sooner than expected."

What you have to do IC:
  • Finish up your current quests.
  • Have your characters speak to Krotan, where they are informed of what Gamvar and Zile were told in their last JP.
  • Head to the Dwarven city of Yaltan.
  • Explore the city, enjoy your own plotlines and otherwise do as you please until the next major plot post is revealed.

Last edited:
Back