• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSX Tricky

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Some of you may have played this game all the way back in '03. It's a snowboard game that some people think is more of an update to it's precursor, SSX, rather than a sequel. SSX Tricky has been a big part in my, I'm better than everyone else I know, group of games and will always be one of my favorites.

I actually got started in SSX when I saw my dad playing the game on his big PS2 when I was a kid. I instantly was hooked. Watching his character do these amazing tricks that required NOT touching the board. All these flips and spins and outright speed, really got to me, and I've been playing it regularly for the past 10 years (give or take a year or so).

Over that amount of time I picked up some tricks to the trade for Tricky. One of those being cheat codes. They are imprinted in my brain in a way no one could remove. The other, being glitches.

Now, some of you may think, "Oh, cheat codes. He's one of THOSE players..." Well, the cheats in SSX Tricky aren't all that game breaking. No "Walk through walls". No, "Infinite Points". Nothing like that. The main cheats for SSX Tricky are to "Unlock Everything" (which is only active when the code is used), and "Max Stats" (Again, only active when the cheats are used. Those cheats work for everyone. So, if you had a friend over to play, they would have everything unlocked and have max stats, JUST LIKE YOU.

Here's the two cheat codes for PS2 (Look elsewhere for GCN or XBOX, you'll find them)
    Spoiler:

There are some other cheat codes out there that work and some that don't. Those others would be visual cheats only. Not much need there unless you like to use them.

Now, onto glitches.

There are a lot of glitches out there that have been discovered. Most of them being able to win the race with the other players still having to do 3/4th of the race.

I believe I have discovered (if not discovered then I believe I was the first to post it somewhere) 3 more glitches. One is one of those glitches I mentioned earlier. One is not so much a major glitch, as it is just an error in programming. The other can be done everywhere, with no real requirements.
    Spoiler:

Now, for the glitch I've been really wanting to post about for the longest time and the main reason why I posted this.
    Spoiler:

So there, if you know of any tips or tricks (Not including "cheats" or "tips" that basically everyone knows about) go right ahead and post. Or if you have a story you'd like to share, share away.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Best snowboarding game ever. Ever. Loved the announcer introductions to each course. Music was great too.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • Oh man, I remember this game! Me and my brother played it all the time and would try to outscore each other. We got so good at it. Great game.

Back