• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] adding scripts to items/key items

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    hello there guys, like most of you I'm also creating my own hack rom and as i'm quite stuck, I would appreciate your help right now.

I'm trying to add a script to an item , kind of a diary so when the player uses it it displays some msgboxes with the possibility to keep on reading or not (thats not the problem as i know how to use it) The problem is that I have absolutely NO IDEA of how to add a scrip to a item.

As im using BPES (spanish emerald version) its almost impossible to find a decent tool for item managing and PGE is the only one working but I have no idea how to use it (after a couple of hours googling some tutorials I couldnt get anything clear about this program)
    So I'll be gratefull if you can help me with this issue

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Noone knows how to do this :S? i'm really stuck and I also really want to know this so badly...

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    This will help you. Since it's a Spanish ROM the offsets will be different so you'll have to find the correct equivalents.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I have no idea of how to do that... I tried reading and understanding others tutorials but they all end using JPAN FR hacked engine which means i cant do it in the Emerald version...

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Scroll down to the Emerald post, you don't need anything other than a hex editor and knowledge of how to use one.

The asm is given to you in byte form, replace the XX XX XX 08 with the offset of your script. Insert the bytes into free space and then in an item editor write the offset of where you inserted the bytes.

The locations used are for the english emerald so you will have to change them to get them to work in the spanish emerald.

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Scroll down to the Emerald post, you don't need anything other than a hex editor and knowledge of how to use one.

The asm is given to you in byte form, replace the XX XX XX 08 with the offset of your script. Insert the bytes into free space and then in an item editor write the offset of where you inserted the bytes.

The locations used are for the english emerald so you will have to change them to get them to work in the spanish emerald.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016

I'm new with this program as i mostly only used XSE for events and stuff so i have no idea of what do you mean with that

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I'm new with this program as i mostly only used XSE for events and stuff so i have no idea of what do you mean with that

A hex editor? You'll want to learn how to use one you need to be comfortable using one asap. I suggest you download HxD and read up on some guides.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    using the program doesnt seem to be a problem what i cant understand is what you meant with "replace the XX XX XX 08 with the offset of your script."

Back