• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Wars in gaming

Years
  • 99k4HtQ.png

Spoiler:

There have been Star Wars video games since the first movies were released, and they still continue to be released on an almost regular basis. From Battlefront to LEGO Star Wars to the X-Wing series, there are games that encompass just about every aspect of the Star Wars universe.

Do you like any Star Wars video games? What are some of your favorites? What are some things you would like to see in a Star Wars video game?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Ahh Star wars.

The games i grew up with were the following:

Dark Forces. - classic First Person Shooting at one of its finest forms. Mainly since Dark Forces introduced a lot of features that would make its way to other games of its genre such as more detailed mission objectives, cutscenes, and dialogue. Oh and who wouldn't want to play as the quite manly Kyle Katarn while shooting a dozen of Storm Troopers on an epic and heroic rampage. "DIE REBEL SCUM!?" more like "DIE SPACE NAZI SCUM!" It was the Doom style of first person shooting done with great justice with the license.

Knights of the Old Republic - yep. The original. One of the reasons, aside from Halo: Combat Evolved, to ever own the original XBOX. This is how a prequel should be done, to a universe with more prequels and spinoffs than theories on the history of the world. I loved everything about KOTOR such as the immersive atmosphere, the excellent combat and roleplaying elements, and of course the well written story that made me play the game on both sides (Dark and Light).

The PSX had a couple of SW Prequel based games which may not have been the best but I still grew up with them..

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace the video game. Its one of those movie licensed games that actually closely follow the source material's plot albeit with some variations and some segments either cut out or just turned into long and dragging cutscenes (like the Pod Racing section, a VERY IMPORTANT part in the movie which i thought would be a gameplay segment but was just turned into a long and drawn out cutscene)

Star Wars Jedi Power Battles - A Beat em up style Star Wars game that's actually quite fun if not quite clunky with the controls. Also has weird player pickup sound effects. But hey, we get to play Plo-Koon.

Also, here are other great ones.

Star Wars Republic Commando - Yep, another great First Person shooter star wars game that is more on the tactical side of things where you and a team of republic commandos travel around the galaxy and doing some missions. So think Rainbow Six Vegas meets Star Wars.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 = THE ORIGINALS. Not the Modern EA version that everyone mat be thinking. Battlefront 1 and 2 were great for offering some engaging gameplay with its combined arms approach of infantry, vehicles, and aircraft. And unlike the modern Battlefront that we know today, Classic Battlefront actually had a single player campaign that was enjoyable and had sense.

Jedi Academy = I remember playing this one along with our friends and we had a lot of fun with it. The action was fast and the controls were smooth, thanks to the use of that IDTech3 Engine, the same game engine that powered up the very fast paced Quake 3 Arena.

Is it me or do i enjoy Star Wars video games more when its focused with Blaster and space combat than the Jedi focused aspect of Star Wars?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Star Wars video games, I am a big fan. After all part of my username is partly a reference to one of them.

here is a list of the Star Wars video games I have played and/or owned:
    Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones (GBA)
    Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (DS)
    Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (Windows)
    Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Mac)
    Star Wars Battlefront II (Xbox)
    Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron
    Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron (PSP)
    Star Wars Battlefront (2015)(Xbox One)
    Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Windows/Mac)
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox, Mac)
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Xbox, Mac)
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360)
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (Xbox 360)
    Lego Star Wars The Video Game (GBA)
    Lego Star Wars II The Original Trilogy (GBA)
    Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga (Xbox 360)
    Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars (Xbox 360)
    Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens (Xbox One)
    Star Wars Empire at War (Gold Edition)
    Star Wars Shadows of the Empire (N64)
    Star Wars Republic Commando (Xbox)

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I have two Star Wars games: Shadows of the Empire for N64, and Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy. I got the former for Christmas 1999, before I even got interested in Star Wars in the first place, with that game being fun enough for me to check out more of the franchise, including watching the films.
    As for the latter game, I used to play it quite a bit years ago, but don't even have it installed on any of my computers at this time. Needless to say, though, that game was incredibly tough, even at the lowest difficulty setting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    a friend of mine once said that kotor is basically a "proto-mass effect"

and, yeah, i can really see where the stuff came from

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Spoiler:

Played quuuite a bit, was also subscribed. It was a very interesting MMO, fun to play and I definitely enjoyed the story lines of the classes.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • This might tick off some people but I actually played Star Wars Kinect over at a friend's place at a gathering with some of his friends a year and a half ago. Galactic Dance-off was easily the best thing in the game and had us laughing and having fun with the Star War-dized lyrics of songs such as..

Ridin Solo -> I'm Han Solo
    YMCA -> Empire Today
    Hollaback Girl -> Hologram Girl

Of course, its one of the few times that the Kinect actually works oVo

Yukari

I grew up playing a lot of different Star Wars games. Especially the Lego games. (Side Note: Legos are cute.) If we're being completely honest, most of the lego games are average at best. The Battlefront (as in, the original,) and Battlefront 2 games are probably some of my favorites, but I also love Jedi Knight.

The Old Republic was really disappointing, by the way.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I absolutely LOVED the original Battlefront games growing up. (especially Battlefront 2). They did a really good job at making the player feel like they were actually in the middle of a Star Wars battle, at least in my 10 year old mind :P

The new Battlefront is good, but with the way DLC is released and the minimal single player content and stuff, I often prefer playing the originals.

Is anyone excited for Visceral's upcoming Star Wars game? With Amy Hennig working on the script, I'm expecting the story to be awesome.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I must be one of the few people who played Star Wars games back in the 90's. X-Wing and Tie Fighter were the golden age as far as I'm concerned(see below for 93 X-Wing gameplay, I have a remastered 95 X-Wing with Episode IV/V Music but I alas don't have a computer that can run it or a Joystick) and all future games involving our iconic starfighters owe their existence to the Flight Sims. Be it Rebel Assault, Rogue Squadron, Battlefront 1&2 on PS2(before EA) and Lego Star Wars, I've played quite a bit of SW titles.

The recent series by Disney in Star Wars Rebels kind of rekindles the Flight Sim urge when I think about it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I haven't played anything except the two Angry Birds games, they were alright.

I would like to play Republic Commando and The Lego series one day.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I haven't played anything except the two Angry Birds games, they were alright.

I would like to play Republic Commando and The Lego series one day.

LEGO series is actually really fun, especially if you had any LEGO sets back in the day. Pretty sure they combined Episodes 1-3 and 4-6 into one game and I?m not sure if they?ve done Episode 7 or 8 yet(haven?t kept track). If you want a recommendation, I?d advocate the LEGO games, particularly if you have young children or have a friend to play Co-Op mode with.

Years
  • LEGO series is actually really fun, especially if you had any LEGO sets back in the day. Pretty sure they combined Episodes 1-3 and 4-6 into one game and I?m not sure if they?ve done Episode 7 or 8 yet(haven?t kept track). If you want a recommendation, I?d advocate the LEGO games, particularly if you have young children or have a friend to play Co-Op mode with.

I actually own the Complete Saga (1-6) on PS3, but never got round to playing it. It was cheap and new from a supermarket.

Looking up the others there is only episode 7 so far.

Back