• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The GS Project 2 Looking for members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    A couple of monthes ago, a guy by the name of Zenaku, posted his idea for Pokemon GS Remake Project, dubbed "The GS Project" at the Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum. However, The GS Project seems to have been abandoned during the last couple of monthes and no new topics regarding The GS Project have been made. The creator of the GS Project has made no mention of discotinuing it, so it?s most likely that he and the other members of the GS Project, simply abandoned it. So I've come here to revive the GS Project under the name of "The GS Project 2". I believe these guys just had a lot of awesome ideas, that don?t deserve to die and go unnoticed. The focus of the GS Project 2 is to continue upon the work of the GS Project and accomplish the goal of making a successful remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Here?s the original thread, that contains some of thoughts and ideas of the original GS Project crew, there are also many sprite edits and chipsets that were going to be used in the remake in the topic. Note, that some of the picture links have become broken over time.
    *forum link editted by Dawson*

Unlike the original GS Project, this will be done in gamemaker, not in RMXP, the reason being that there are some things that gamemaker can do, that RMXP cannot(The Real Time clock, for instance.). Other than that, that?s pretty much all I have to say, for the rest , I?ll quote Zenaku:
    Unlike the original GS, the game will center around the Rival instead, as it adds a more exciting background to the storyline (ie. Why Kamon is after Team Rocket, why he didnt just ask for the Pokemon rather than stealing it, etc). If it comes down to it however, it can be decided whether Yoshi or Kamon should be the main character (By member votes). Another change is dialog; it won't be it is in the English versions of GS. That is what we need Japanese speakers for: we'll be translating, and using, the original Japanese dialog. In the translation process, Nintendo often changes pieces of information relevent to the storyline, and even more so, characters personalities. These remakes shall be exactly as they were intended to be.
    If you want to be a part of the GS Project, just state so, and what you are able to do.

All of the jobs from the original GS Project are here. I?ve even added a few.
    Since I?m good at Japanese and can translate pretty well, we won?t be needing a translator.
    Jobs:
    Sprite Artists: Unspecific. Pokemon Sprites, Tilesets, Charsets, Map Design, etc.
    StoryWriters: Will help create background for the character, Kamon, as well as several new characters along with their roles in the games.
    Artist: Must be very talented. Needed for Anime-Style cutscenes (Non-animated).
    Remixer: Will remix the music from the original soundtrack.
    Voice Actors: Provide the voices for the characters during cutscenes

Members:
    Magnius(Team Leader) ? Programmer.
    If you guys have any ideas for this remake project, don?t be afraid to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • Magnius said:
    Unlike the original GS Project, this will be done in gamemaker, not in RMXP, the reason being that there are some things that gamemaker can do, that RMXP cannot(The Real Time clock, for instance.).
    well, your wrong about that.
    try this:
    Code:
    text = Time.new.strftime("%I:%M:%S %p ")
    print text
    put it in a call script.
    here are some more tips:

current month
    %B = (January, February, ... )
    %b = (Jan, Feb, ... )

current day
    %A (Sunday, Monday, ... )
    current day / month
    %d (1..31)
    current day / year
    %j (1..366)

am or pm
    %p
    hours 1 to 12
    %I = (1..12)

24 hours
    %H

Minute
    %M
    second
    %S
    etc.

Last edited:

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    This forum is only for showcasing games. You can't recruit here. Besides that, the rules say you must have a story and screenshots. You don't have any screenshots.

I'll say it again. This forum is for showcasing games, not wishful ideas.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Artist: Must be very talented. Needed for Anime-Style cutscenes (Non-animated).
    Remixer: Will remix the music from the original soundtrack.
    Voice Actors: Provide the voices for the characters during cutscenes
    Erm, don't you think you're aiming a little high there? You just expect a very talented artist, which are quite rare in Game Development, to just join a team which has no work of their own to show off?
    And, voice actors? Where do you expect to find them and why are they really needed? It seems waaay too ambitious and unnecessary, if you ask me.

I hope to God that you've already been using Game Maker to start making this game, otherwise you are in for a nasty shock in the not-too-distant future. Seriously, Game Maker completely sucks at RPG's. And I don't even want to think about coding a Pokemon battle system in it. RMXP, or even Sphere, would be a MUCH better choice of program for this. But that's just my opinion. If you want to use Game Maker, good luck to you. You're gonna need it.

I've editted the forum link out of your post since it's against PC rules and these types of threads are against the Game Dev rules, so...

*Closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back