• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Three

What should this be a hack of

• FireRed

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • LeafGreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Emerald

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Team Three

This is the official thread for Team Three where we can post our ideas and our progress!

Team Members
    Luxray Hacker
    Ruk! Romhacker
    Controversial?
    Sceptile90
    BlackStorm20x
    DyingWillFlareon
    HippoSucks
    MrDrPants

General Information

Hack name: Pokémon Light Purge
    Hack of: Pokémon FireRed
    Storyline: An evil force has started sweeping over the lands in search of more power.
    Our young hero lives on one of many islands of the Sonata Region.
    On the fated day that they obtain their first Pokemon, the hero's mother is kidnapped.
    The villain wields a Darkrai and is obsessed with Love and Power.
    By capturing and draining citizens of the world, he hopes to make his Darkrai stronger for his own intents and purposes.
    Our main character must pursue the evil organization, save his mother and put a stop to the corruption at hand.
    Who can hope to stand against an ever-increasingly powerful Darkrai and the Villainous group?
    Why is they so bent on obtaining human souls?
    Find out in Team Three's Epic: POKEMON! Light Purge.
    Join forces with Latios/Latias and a world champion Pokemon Master in attempts to cleanse the world of an evil that plagues the land.

Features:
    *Trading will not be required for any of the evolutions
    *Physical/Special split
    *New type effectiveness table
    *A berry system
    *Fairy type
    *Custom music
    *No more HMs except Surf which is now a TM
    *New tileset
    *Day/Night System with different pokemon for the times of day
    *PokeCenter and PokeMart are in the same building

Region
    Name: Sonata
    Description: The region has one mainland part along with several islands surrounding it. It is a fairly large region.
    Graphical style: This is still under consideration but new tilesets and improved maps will be included.
    Towns/cities to be included in the release: Flauré City
    Berlioz City
    Mussorgsky City
    Webern Town
    Durand Town
    Stave Island
    Clef Island
    Landmarks to be included in the release: Nocturne Forest, Vienna Tower, Etude Bridge

Story
    Description of starting events + starter pokémon: The player starts by receiving a message from Professor Root to come and obtain a Pokemon.
    After reaching the lab, the professor explains the responsibilities of being a trainer and sends you on your way.
    There seems be someone following you, though you can't quite understand why.
    As you're about to return home, a stranger jumps from the trees and challenges you to a battle.
    As the battle comes to an end, they make a remark and you rush home to find that your mother is gone.
    Now, you must make your way in-land and search for clues as to where your mother is and how to save her.

Other events to be included in the release: TBD

Last edited:
    Years
  • Contact info: Skype is Overlord Moosh or you can just PM me :)

Hey all! I am Luxrayhacker aka Overlord Moosh and I'm glad to be a proud member of team three. It's nice to meet you all, please take care of me *bows* I came to hacking about two years ago when I really wanted to play Super Mario World. Strange as it may sound everyone has to start somewhere right? I was looking for anywhere to play me some SMW and then I found something called an emulator which I'd never heard of so I got one and a rom of SMW and went to town. And I thought to myself "holy crud guys I can play me some pokemans!" But looking for Ruby I found something called pokemon Victory Fire and I was like "well crud what the heck is this thingymabob" So I downloaded it and fell in love. And then I was like "hold on a minute yo I could do this" so I started looking up tutorials and whatnot and eventually found this site and met my good buddy Manadhon and started work on Pokemon Silver Destiny and the rest is history!

What do I bring to the table? Well random citizen I'm glad you asked! I can map the crud outta maps like gosh dang! I can also insert tiles I'm not perfect at it yet but I'm getting there I'll include some of my work at the end. I can also insert gen 4-6 pokemon with their correct moves and stats and what have you. I also make OW sprites so I can make the professor and the hero/heroine. I can do very basic scripting I'm still learning so I guess you could same I'm an all around kind Moosh.

Name idea: Pokemon Cyntherion

Plot idea: You live on an island and today is your 10th birthday so you go to get your pokemon. On the walk there you notice something watching you from the shadows but when you turn to look nothing's there so you just chalk it up to your imagination, after all you're getting your first pokemon what could possibly go wrong? You wreck your scrubby little friends with your superior pokemon gloat a little bit and decide to go home. You wake up in the middle of the night to your mom screaming and rush downstairs to see what's going on only to see your mom being dragged out of the house by the same shadowy figure that you saw earlier today. You run as fast as you can after them but they're already gone. Professor Root comes up behind you and asks you what's going on. You tell him all about the shadow and what happened to your mom. "Ah here too? "name one" and "name two" houses were both attacked. "name one" lost his little sister and "name two" lost her cat" "Her cat?" You ask "I don't know they stole her cat. It looks like they took a boat out of here to the mainland. I have a boat the three of you can take if you wish to go after your loved ones." So you head off to the mainland unsure of what awaits you. This can be revised of course but just a bit of an outline of the basic idea.

WdIyJuV.png

xfSQgJ8.png

urHfHtS.png
    Ignore the glitched sprite I just wanted to see what it would look like inserted
    7yhyzPz.png

9gDr1Jh.png

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Sceptile90 here! I like the idea of the story. What should the starters be? Also, I think we should have some Gen 6 Pokémon in here. If there's a patch with all 719, we should use it, but not include all of the Pokémon.

Years
  • Sceptile90 here! I like the idea of the story. What should the starters be? Also, I think we should have some Gen 6 Pokémon in here. If there's a patch with all 719, we should use it, but not include all of the Pokémon.

If we want to only include select pokemon it would be easier to just insert them instead of adding all 719. And I'm not too sure about using the patch because it is still in alpha so there are likely to be bugs but I like the idea of gen six pokemon. Some starter ideas are Cubchoo Teddiursa and Pancham rocking the bear theme and the all have one evo.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Oh, glad to work in this team c:

My suggestions:

1. Fire Red as base (I vote for this in the poll)
    2. Custom tiles. We need make a original and funny hack, the original tiles of the base are not good, is better find tiles, or I can make some tiles (anyway, I'm offer me to be an artist)
    3. Mmm, to be honest, the plot of yours needs more work, I don't like when a plot starts with a "You're a 10 year child", I can't help more on this because I'm not a good writter.

I'm very excited with this contest!!!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • If we want to only include select pokemon it would be easier to just insert them instead of adding all 719. And I'm not too sure about using the patch because it is still in alpha so there are likely to be bugs but I like the idea of gen six pokemon. Some starter ideas are Cubchoo Teddiursa and Pancham rocking the bear theme and the all have one evo.

Those starters are good. I added you on Skype. I think we should have all of the starters so that people will be able to have some of their favourites.

MrDrPants

SithLord
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm liking the initiative so far.
    I'll post in-depth feedback and my ideas when I get off work today.
    I'll also add the rest of you on Skype. ;D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • *wakes up from corner* Darn people just let me sleep.

But really like I said sorry but I was at camp this week without my phone/any computer.

And I'd like to suggest:
    1. While I'm not a big fan of the story we're going to use it seems, I came late and it's not revolving around me so I'll do my best to add to the plot when I can.
    2. I think we should have the notmal starter Pokemon be wild and have a slightly easier catch rate.
    3. Starter is Magikarp no no jk.
    4. Also I don't have skype so I'll need someone to tell me what goes on there here in a pm or the likes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hey guys! This thread has been pretty quiet, are you guys working on things from a Skype chat or an IRC channel?

Team Two's only Hacker is inactive so one of this team's Hackers has to move to there. It's either Sceptile90, LuxrayHacker or MrDrPants. If neither of you wants to move teams I'll have to choose one at random, sorry about this.

Years
  • Hey guys! This thread has been pretty quiet, are you guys working on things from a Skype chat or an IRC channel?

Team Two's only Hacker is inactive so one of this team's Hackers has to move to there. It's either Sceptile90, LuxrayHacker or MrDrPants. If neither of you wants to move teams I'll have to choose one at random, sorry about this.

Aww :( we make a great team and we're having so much fun. I'll talk it over with the team and get back to you. We've been working on Skype because we have so much going on. Rest assured we're working, if you'd like I'd be happy to send you our storyline and some maps we've made for review :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Aww :( we make a great team and we're having so much fun. I'll talk it over with the team and get back to you. We've been working on Skype because we have so much going on. Rest assured we're working, if you'd like I'd be happy to send you our storyline and some maps we've made for review :)

I've allowed sign-ups again to fill in for inactive members and someone just signed up as Hacker, so no one might have to move teams after all!

MrDrPants

SithLord
    Years
  • I've allowed sign-ups again to fill in for inactive members and someone just signed up as Hacker, so no one might have to move teams after all!

What's your decision on the matter?
    Do we have to split up?

We only have one active hacker as well; LuxrayHacker
    Sceptile90 and myself aren't hackers.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    What's your decision on the matter?
    Do we have to split up?

We only have one active hacker as well; LuxrayHacker
    Sceptile90 and myself aren't hackers.

Another person just signed up as Hacker so there will be no changes in your team, after all!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I don't have a skype so I feel like I'm not helping much.... Can someone please tell me something I need to specificly do? We took my laptop in to get checked and it was shocking the guy when he took it apart so it might be unfixable, so I canmt be any direct hacking help. :(

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I don't have a skype so I feel like I'm not helping much.... Can someone please tell me something I need to specificly do? We took my laptop in to get checked and it was shocking the guy when he took it apart so it might be unfixable, so I canmt be any direct hacking help. :(

Are you try to talk with LuxrayHacker?

I'm not have time to talk in the day in skype due the University, but I've some time to hack in the night, as you can see in my sig, the titlescreen of the hack are done, and I can make more graphics for the team.

Finally, if the team needs a general hacker, I can do it, I'm a medium Scripter, spriter, tiler, and a low knowledges of ASM programming c:

MrDrPants

SithLord
    Years
  • Welcome to the Team III : Awesome Brigade!
    Also, welcome to the PokeCommunity forums!

We're always glad to see a new member join the fight. ;D

Back