• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Just use Free Space Finder to find space in the ROM for your script, copy that offset, open XSE and go to that offset, enter your script there, and hit Compile. (It's the button with two gears near the top.) If you're having trouble doing this, XSE has a built-in Help file that would be worth looking at.

What about editing pre-existing scripts?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
One of my hack has a glitch, some moves like dragonbreath and faint attack either resets the game, freeze, or show bios error. Is there a way to fix it?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
What about editing pre-existing scripts?
Then you just compile them, since they're already at the offset they were before. However, with pre-existing scripts, you can't make them any longer than they were before, or you'll cause major problems.

To find pre-existing scripts, use A-Map, go to the Trigger or Person Event you want to edit, and click "Open Script." You should also take the time to set XSE as the default script editor for A-Map.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
@ siper x
okay, my problem is that some of my warps aren't working, and when i delete them and make new ones, the still don't work. (i've checked, double checked, and triple checked and they are set at the right mao and bank) instead of going to the map i want, it goes to a different member of the eliet 4. any ideas?

you need to change the behavoior byte or something, go to bock editor (puzzle piece), then look at the right hand side, there are two boxes, one says behavior byte, click on the box, so then change 00 or "Block covered by hero" to "use door/warp" I hope that helps.

okay now my question, I need to change the text in the beginning of firered with the pikachu icon in it, that says stuff about hardships, I need to change that but when I used the text chnging tool, it gave me glitched up writing, anyone knows how to fix that

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i have it set at warp below, so it has an arrow on it.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
wait inside warp is the one you're changing right?, hmmm, if you tested the follow warp? check if did follow the warp in the am, and if it's correct try ingame, if it still doesn't work ingame

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
no, it is outside, but the same type as an inside, because you won't go back to the city, so i want the people to know where the edge is

edit: also how do you take the starting point in ruby and change it to your room with no animation of moving tiles?

Last edited:
Years
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm having this problem. Basically, I'm trying to put the script, from the original fire red, that allows you to use the computer in your bedroom, into my hack, right. I copy+pasted the script straight into my hack, without changing anything. But when it brings up the menu, if I choose cancel, or press the B button to close it, the computer doesn't make the turning off noise thingy, and the message box stays open and won't close even if I press a button, but I can still walk around. I've also tried remaking the script from scratch, but copying everything exactly except the offsets, and using new offsets, but it still gives me the same results. I tested the computer in a clean version of firered and it works properly, so I have no idea what's causing the problem in my hack. :S

Farful

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2012
Hello, sorry if this question has already been asked, but What are the pros & cons of each ROM?
I am ether going to hack Emerald or Fire Red. All I know that Fire Red is more popular, Why is that?
Thanks,
Farful

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Hello, sorry if this question has already been asked, but What are the pros & cons of each ROM?
I am ether going to hack Emerald or Fire Red. All I know that Fire Red is more popular, Why is that?
Thanks,
Farful

In my opinion more people use firered because of its looks, the sprites and tiles just appeal more to people. also, firered has a hacked engine, which gives hackers the ability to do more in the hack( i dont use it now but will eventually move to it). thats my knowledge tho, others may have other thoughts.

For my question, how do you change the grass tile animation's pallete?

Years
  • Seen today
I would ask about Battle Frontier editing...

How to change banned pokemon list?
I believe there is a table for that banned pokemon list...

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
Okay, I've been trying to replace the Hiro/Gold sprites in my Pokemon Silver rom with customized sprites I made. I thought this would be easy, but everyone's bent on editing 3rd gen roms, so it's been difficult finding any specific tools, and half of them won't work properly for me (like the Pokemon Gold/Silver Sprite Editor, for overworld sprites).

So, is there some way I can manually insert my sprites into the rom, and then replace them? I don't know if this is a tile or hex sort of thing, but I'm willing to learn enough about whichever so that I can get them job done.

I very much appreciate any help. :3
Please? Maybe a tip or something?

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
So, this seems like an odd question, but is there a way to force someone to get the Pokedex entry for a Pokemon if they didn't technically catch it? Not just like you "saw" it, but the whole entry.

Actually, better, is there a way to force an evolution through scripts? Not using an item or anything; just a script that can cause a Pokemon to evolve.

I want to plan an overly complicated scripted event that ends with a Pokemon evolving and I'm hoping one of the two above situations is possible.

Years
So, this seems like an odd question, but is there a way to force someone to get the Pokedex entry for a Pokemon if they didn't technically catch it? Not just like you "saw" it, but the whole entry.

Actually, better, is there a way to force an evolution through scripts? Not using an item or anything; just a script that can cause a Pokemon to evolve.

I want to plan an overly complicated scripted event that ends with a Pokemon evolving and I'm hoping one of the two above situations is possible.

What you could do is first taking away a Pokémon using HackMew's script, and then use addpokemon/givepokemon to give the evolved form. Howeever, it will have a different nature, different IVs and EVs, different moves etc.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

You should check the scripts in Bill's cottage out on Route 25 for the first one. Though I'm not sure if the script there adds the entry or just makes the pokemon appear as "seen".

As for the other question, it would require some ASM.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Just a quick question, but what are ALL of the unused flags and vars in fire red? (sorry if this question has already been answered, but I didn't feel like checking through 690 pages of questions to see if someone had already asked this)

Thanks!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
no, it is outside, but the same type as an inside, because you won't go back to the city, so i want the people to know where the edge is

edit: also how do you take the starting point in ruby and change it to your room with no animation of moving tiles?

1. Is it the Tile Behaviour? Look at the tile in Block Editor, and change its behaviour to "use warp"

2. I swear there is a Truck Removal Tool for this. It may be in HackMews toolbox, but I don't know for sure.

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
Okay, so this probably has a really simple answer but i cant work it out

How can i get a tile from one map and use it in another
im hacking ruby and i'd like to take the buildings from mossdeep and put them into my re-make of littleroot town.
im using a map

i'm sure this will be a simple answer it was just easier to ask than watching whole tutorials to find this one piece of information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back