• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did You Catch the Legendary Dogs?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    After defeating seeing them at Tin Tower, did you ever go after Suicune, Entei or Raikou? Which legendary dog was your favorite, what look did you like the best in Pokémon GSC? In the original games, I never went after the dogs, not until the remakes did I bother to catch them and keep them.

3gQUNUj.gif

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I did go after them all, though I usually ended up either killing them or just never seeing them after my first encounter. I remember having my master ball saved for a time when I would meet Raikou on gold because he was/is my favorite and then I let my friend borrow it for a couple days and he ended up using my master ball on a lickitung because he didn't have any other balls and didn't know where to buy them and he thought it looked cool.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • To this day, I don't know how to effectively find them :x
    I think I KO'd Raikou by accident during my Gold playthrough..not even going to bother catching the other 2. I liked Entei best, because out of the 3, Fire's my favourite type, and Entei's appearance is pretty awesome.

I can't even try to catch them, as I'm not after completing the Pokedex in my Gold game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I went after all of them, but was successful at catching only one, unfortunately. :( Wasn't very skillful back then, and didn't have much strategies when it came to capturing roaming Pokémon.

Years
  • I know for a fact that I went after Entei as it was my favorite of the three, and I think I may have actually used my Master Ball on it after learning that it would flee from battle. I'm also fairly positive that I managed to get a hold of Raikou as well, but I don't think I ever managed to find Suicune, let alone catch it.

Years
  • Back when I first played it, no. I had no inclination that the dogs were important Pokemon, and continued on my game. Now, closer to the present, I've tried to capture all three, to no avail. I remember accidentally stumbling upon Entei outside of Ecruteak with only seven Poke-balls. Of course, I failed miserably and haven't come across one since.

Years
  • Unless it was for a challenge, I never went after the cats and just let myself find them via random encounter. When I did encounter them, I'd usually throw a type of Poke Ball or Master Ball. Sometimes I would attack them to lower their HP, but only if I felt I wouldn't KO them since they didn't respawn. As for successfully capturing them, I always got Suicune in Crystal (given, it was static), and I think I got the other two a couple times.

ShadowGeralt

Ultimate Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold once again and already caught Entei and Suicune. Still looking for Raikou which is my favorite due to it's typing (not much good electric pokemon yet) and his quickness. The best look goes to Entei, I just love this big, furry dog!
    And Raikou was, alongside with Articuno, the only legend I've been playing with.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • They were super hard for me to catch in Gold, so I never ended up snagging any of them. :( They looked epic back when I first saw them, but I was too much of a noob (Gold was my first Pokemon game) to actually do research and have the patience and skill to catch them.

I've caught all three of them in HeartGold though. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I didn't lol. I was a little kid and I had no idea how to find them and stuff. But for the same reason, it was all the more magical. It felt more realistic and stuff.

Years
  • It took me a while but I did! My friend even lent me her copy of the game so I could catch them for her since she was awful at it. My personal favorite's probably Raikou with Suicune as a close second but they're all really awesome. Always will be my favorite legendary trio right up there with the regis.

Years
  • I don't remember if I ever did or not. They were such a hassle to try to track down and you basically needed something with Mean Look to keep them from fleeing, and it wasn't fun. That's why I never got Ho-Oh in Crystal.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I don't bother catching them unless I happen to run into them and have PokeBalls and catch them on the first try. I'll probably trade Ho-Oh and Lugia from Gold and Silver to Crystal. I eventually catch them. After completing the game.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I caught Suicune with my Master Ball, I can't catch the others since they always run away.

Luckily I didn't need the Master Ball since I recently caught Lugia.

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • I spent hours chasing the trio in Silver. I caught Suicune with my Master ball. Gave up on catching the other 2. I didn't know about the strategies for catching roaming pokemon at the time.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I tried for a good.. 14 minutes before losing patience with them and giving up.

I'm not a huge fan of the Legendary Dawgz anyway, it didn't bother me that I hadn't caught them.

Back