• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hangovers.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    so a lot of people seem to drink. at least most of the people who replied to my other drinking related thread asking what you're like when you're drunk.

this one is a little bit more of an advice type of thread.

if you've gotten drunk before, chances are you've experienced a hangover or two. how do you deal with those? any treatments you have that make them a little easier for you to handle them?

Years
  • Ugh, my hangovers were sometimes the worst feelings in the world. Would have a massive headache after a sleepless night because for some reason, when I drink, I can never go to sleep and on the rare occasion that I can, I fall asleep in the morning at like 7AM. Normally they do go away by the afternoon though, but still, head throbs painfully during those hours...I've never really taken anything to help make it feel better though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I've actually never gotten a hangover once, even though I've gone blackout drunk twice before (I've only drank a handful of time before I quit, and twice it was too much). Despite being knocked out for 5 and 3 hours, respectively, I've felt fine both times. The first time, my ex-girlfriend babied me and fed me water like a baby and a bottle :P Vaguely remember that, I was pretty drunk, though. The second time, I'm not sure how I avoided it, cause I had a lot. D:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Just sleep it off and drink plenty of water. By drinking fluids it will lessen the hangovers effects, and I've just found through personal experience that just sleeping through it will get me back and on my feet in no time at all.

Or just don't do what I do and don't drink 9 shots of vodka in the course of an hour like I have done....

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I don't really get hangovers anymore. I learned my limits, but when I do get them I just wait them off. Not much else you can do lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This might sound bad to some, but the best hangover cure is a bowl or a blunt to the face. Perfect for when you actually have to do something the next day.

Years
  • My hangovers generally depend on what I drink. I steer well clear from anything tequila or cask wine.
    If I do wake up with an especially bad hangover I generally ♥♥♥♥♥ about it until dinner time and then go to bed. But if it's a small one I just sort of get on with the day and hope I don't spew in class. Of course I complain about it either way and it's not going to stop my bad habits.

Yukari

Reading this thread has reinforced my decision to never, ever drink.

Now, the best way to deal with a hangover is to avoid getting drunk. See? It's like, magic, or something.

Last edited:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Never been hungover.

There were a couple times where I had enough that I don't know how I managed to wake up all bright-eyed and chipper. But I always did. Always came with a craving for McDonald's greasy McGriddles, though...

Years
  • There were a couple times where I had enough that I don't know how I managed to wake up all bright-eyed and chipper. But I always did. Always came with a craving for McDonald's greasy McGriddles, though...

Ah, yes, McDonald's. I remember this one time I came back from a party, rolled around in bed for a couple hours and then texted a friend to see if he wanted to go grab something to eat at like 5AM XD He was a good sport and came along because I had a craving for something at McDonald's and considering it was like right across the street from my apartment, it was tempting. Not sure if I actually got something though...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Reading this thread has reinforced my decision to never, ever drink.

Well you really shouldn't think of it that way. Drinking with friends is actually really fun and a great way to spend time with one another. It's just all about control and moderation essentially, and hangovers really aren't the biggest of deals. Take some aspirin and drink some water and you'll be able to walk it right off. If you weren't aiming for one, that just helps you learn more about your limit and will reinforce your decisions for the next time a brewsky is sent around the horn. It shouldn't skew you into thinking that you should never drink, but rather just help shape your decisions and how to be more morally responsible with your actions.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Never got an hangover even though I got drunk a couple of times. I'm blessed :)

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I had mono for a couple months and I was told to stay away from alcohol. I didnt listen, and got really drunk really quick, usually I realized it and knew it was from the mono and just stopped early, it was cheaper and I didnt mind it. Once I decided to keep drinking past the point of being drunk and I was hungover for two days. It was miserable. I avoided all alcohol for a while after that.

Typically I dont get that hungover and more recently I woke up drunk when I had to work the till at the shop I volunteer at and I just kinda showed up still slightly drunk and worked it off. No one really noticed. I left when I started to get a bit of a headache. Usually lots of water prevents bad hangovers for me

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've been drunk a lot of times in the past, and I can tell you, I have never got a hangover, not even once. I don't drink now, btw.

Back