• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
Years
  • Before time began...
    There was the Uvidon.
    It hatched from a great orb of light, and with a thousand arms, it cultivated the universe to its liking.
    It created galaxies to situate planets in, and stars to give them light.
    To those planets, it poured life.
    When it could do no more, three entities erupted from its body. With them, they took special powers.
    The power of Time...
    The power of Space...
    And the ability to create dimensions...
    These three divine creatures brought life to the cosmos, making it a truly different place.
    But then, after millennia of peace, they stumbled upon each other.
    This was one of the greatest calamities every to befall the races of humans and Pokemon.
    Each deity after the others' powers, they began to fight among themselves.
    Mountains rose and fell, oceans evaporated and whole continents were lost under floods.
    The Uvidon saw this, as it sees everything, and bestowed three Pokemon upon the Earth.
    One of knowledge.
    One of emotion.
    And one of will.
    These three virtues were enough to cease the destruction, and so each of the three deities retreated to their respective dimensions.

This legend is guarded fiercely by the citizens of Celestic Town, which rests at the very edge of Mount Coronet. Each citizen lives by a motto, which was devised by the Celestic Ancients.
    "Never forget the mistakes of the past, lest we repeat them in ignorance…"
    But even those with the greatest memories…
    Can make mistakes.
    A teenager in the World of Pokemon, you have always been fascinated by the creatures with special powers that inhabit it. For years you have waited, sending resume after resume to the laboratories of Sinnoh, trying to convince them to accept you as a trainer. Your determination, it seems, finally pulls through as you receive a letter on your birthday. A letter from Professor Rowan himself. He requests that you come to Sandgem Town immediately. He apparently has new Pokemon to give away as companions to trainers, and wishes to give you one. Invigorated and excited by this news, you go there immediately. After finally choosing a Pokemon, you and your new partner begin on a journey, the greatest dream of any Pokemon Trainer: To defeat the eight Gyms of Sinnoh and become the greatest Pokemon Master of all time. Before you can even begin, though, some strange rumors reach your ears. Extremely powerful Pokemon have been appearing across Sinnoh. Pokemon which cannot be defeated or caught, apparently, and which have been attacking Pokemon and their Trainers. These poor victims always end up in hospital, and some don't even pull through. You set out after these Pokemon, hoping to find out as much as possible. But you have no idea what you're getting into…
    So anyway, the storyline in this RP is basically the same as D/P/Pt, but without Gyms and the League. You are searching for clues to these strange happenings. The objective is to choose a side, and try to continue/end the attacks. You are allowed to catch a Legendary Pokemon, but ONLY ONE, and NOT until I say you can. The RP will begin when we have ten people. Please refer to the lists and sheets below to continue signing up. As you've probably guessed, the "Uvidon" referred to earlier is Arceus.
    RESUME:
    Name: (Self-Explanitory)
    Starter Pokemon: (Refer to the lists below)
    Favorite Legendary: (Refer to the lists below)
    Appearance: (At least 20 words)
    History: (What was your character doing before the RP started?)
    Side: (Good/Bad/Neutral)
    Other Info: (Anything else you feel we should know about your character)
    RP Sample: (At least a paragraph, you can show samples from other sites, as long as you have substantial writing and grammar skills; This will greatly increase your chance of being accepted into the RP)
    Thanks for reading! Sign up right away; I'm here every day!
    Wow, that rhymed.

AVAILABLE STARTERS

Water

Squirtle
    Totodile
    Mudkip
    Piplup

Fire

Charmander
    Cyndaquil (Reserved)
    Torchic
    Chimchar

Grass

Bulbasaur (Reserved)
    Chikorita
    Treecko
    Turtwig

AVAILABLE LEGENDARIES
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo (Reserved)
    Mew
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Lugia

Ho-Oh
    Celebi (Reserved)
    Latias
    Latios
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Cresselia
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin (Reserved)
    Darkrai
    (Arceus is NOT included in this list, as he is too overpowered to be caught by anyone.)
    My Resume:
    Name: Tor
    Starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Favorite Legendary: Giratina
    Appearance: Shaggy black hair; Dark brown eyes; Light facial tan; Wears a loose black coat, baggy black trousers, and hard-wearing runners; Fingerless gloves on both hands.
    History: Tor has always been obsessed with Pokemon, although he sees smaller Pokemon as weak, and therefore useless. He lived in Celestic Town for most of his life, moving to Sunyshore when he was 12. Since then, he sent several letters to Rowan, and finally got a reply.
    Side: Neutral
    Other Info: Any friendships he makes are quickly lost. He hates all company except his Pokemon, and even then he prefers no company at all.
    RP Sample: (I don't really need to worry about this; Take the plot as my sample.)

Last edited:

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
  • Name: Adam Amaranthine
    Starter Pokemon: Torchic (Male, Flare)
    Favorite Legendary: Articuno
    Appearance: Adam has brown hair, brown eyes and freckles. His hair is usually a mess, but on occassion he does it in a neat split. He wears a long-sleeved light brown jacket over a light blue long sleeved shirt, and wears brown jean-ish trousers. He has black trainers, and a light blue scarf.
    History: From an early age, Adam lived in Kanto, and he used to watch the Pidgey flying. He loves Flying pokemon and always has, but one day, a giant blue Pokemon flew over His hometown of Fuchsia, and It started snowing. Adam was the only person to see the pokemon, and It came many times. It started to come closer and closer, until Adam saw it was an Articuno. It seemed to be watching Adam, when it swooped down on him, and landed in front of him. Koga, the Gym Leader, and his daughter, Janine, ran outside to see what was happening, but Adam was underneath the leer of the Articuno. A strange blue light emanated from it and it spread to Adam. it flew away, but came back each month. When Adam moved to The Sinnoh region to begin his journey, It stopped.
    Side: Good
    Other Info: Adam is very intelligent, and hard-working, but he is usually timid. He will always fight for what he believes in tenaciously, and hates to see suffering.
    RP Sample: A shining blue bird flew overhead, leaving a beautiful shining powder in it's wake. A man stepped onto the snow-laden plains, and looked upwards. The blue bird saw him with a great ruby-red eye, and dived towards him with all of the grace of fear and malice, and landed upon the ground with barely a sound. It's majesty and beauty forced the man to his knees, and he could not turn away.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • will this be in chapter format? If so then reserve me Treeko and Raikou, if not then don't reserve me. I'll fill this out later:

Name: Maximillion(is called Max though)
    Starter Pokemon: Treeko
    Favorite Legendary: Raikou
    Appearance: Max has sandy hair that hangs down to about his jaw line. He loves it that way and hates it when his mom threatens to shave it all off if he doesn't get a haircut. He wears a pair of baggy blue jeans, a black T-shirt, a blue vest thing that he wears over the black T-shirt(it's always unbottuned), a pair of black and blue fingerless gloves, a black and blue hat, and a pair of black and blue running shoes. He also wears a necklace with a shark's tooth at the end of it and he carries around a blue knapsack with all of his supplies in it(also has laptop, drawing and writing notebooks, pencil sharpener, pencil, cell phone, and mp3 player).

History: Max grew up with three older brothers. He had no younger siblings, so of course he was the one that was always picked on. His father was always gone on buiness trips and their mom was dead. They don't know how she died, they just woke up one morning and she was gone...never to be seen again. They were mostly raised by a few different nannies since their father was most of the time gone for business.

He lived in Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh for all of his life and grew up around a few Pokemon. A Chimchar, Piplup, Turtwig, Shinx, and a Kecleon...they used to all be his mom's Pokemon but then she died and they just kept them, but as the family pets. Max was probably the only one not to cry when his mom died, because he was only 2.

Side: Bad
    Other Info: He wonders if someone snuck in their house and killed his mom that night, so he wants to figure out if someone did or if nobody did.
    RP Sample: (At least a paragraph, you can show samples from other sites, as long as you have substantial writing and grammar skills; This will greatly increase your chance of being accepted into the RP)

Last edited:

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • Name: Attila

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle

Favorite Legendary Pokemon: Ho-oh

Appearance: Attila has long dirty blond hair that covers most of his face, and only one of his hazel eyes are visible. He usually does not comb his hair, but he will on occasion. He wears a long sleeve white T shirt, under a dark gray jacket. He has two black fingerless gloves, and two white and gray shoes. His back pack has two large pockets, and it has tan camouflage color. And he also has a belt for his pokeballs that is dark brown.

History: Attila was born in the pokemon region of Jhoto, and he lived there for most of his life, with his family and friends, which all of them were skilled pokemon trainers. he recently sent a letter to professer Rowan of the sinnoh region, and was told to come to the sinnoh region so he could meet professor Rowan in his home town of Sandgem, being as reckless as he is Attila immediately packed up all the things he needed, said his goodbyes, and took off to the pokemon region of Sinnoh.

Other Info: N/A

RP Sample:
    Karakishi wandered down the continuous alleys and dark streets of the seretei, as he eagerly searched through what was almost all of the soul society to find the eleventh division barracks, which was even harder now considering it was the middle of the night, but Karakishi continued to move forward into the perolus night at a alarmingly fast pace. His heart was pounding harder and harder as he pushed his body to the limit running from building to building, getting closer each time, but every time he got close, another bad turn took the soul reaper farther away from the eleventh division barracks, which at this time seemed like heaven, beacuse he had been wandering for hours.

And one more thing, I know people have already asked this, but is it going to be in paragraph format, beacuse in that case, I might change my entry a little bit.

Last edited:

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • Sajin and Amaranthine, you're both approved, and I've reserved the Pokemon that you other guys wanted. Yes, it will be in chapter format (I think).

3/10 Character slots taken

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • I'M DONE!!!! YEAH!!!!! XD

Name: Zephaniah Xylon
    Starter Pokemon: Bulbubsar
    Favorite Legendary: Shaymin
    Appearance:
    He wears pretty normal clothes and wouldn't stand out in a crowd. The only strange thing about him is his hight. He is rather short for his age, only about four feet, four inches tall. He often wears a pair of black pants that have a few holes in the bottoms of the pant legs. He's a very active person, always going places, usually through the backways though. He also has a pair of very dirty and worn out green and white tennis shoes that he always wears. He also wears two shirts, one a silk dress shirt, that is always unbuttoned, with thorny line patterens all over it. His undershirt is just a black sleavless shirt with a Red Gyarados on the front. That alone is decent enough to be worn out in public. He just preferes to wear both.

History:
    He comes from a very rich family. Because of this he hasn't really had a very excting past. Their was one time when he got blamed for setting the local libary on fire. After about three weeks of everyone sure it was him, but not enough proof to areste him, the real crupret came forward and said when he was training with his Magmortar, a stray fire ball blew up the back side of the libary. The guy was forced to pay a hefty fee for acctidental arson. He hasn't really had many significent events in his life. Just some small incedents that sometimes get him into trouble. He also got lost in his backyard one time. They have this huge hedge maze back there.
    Also untill the age of nine, he had a personal tudor in being a pokemon trainer named Xaki.

Other Info: He caries a book wherever he goes.
    RP Sample:
    Zeph was so hungry. He had never been this hungry before. He couldn't remember the last time he ate or what food tasted like. Zeph had been starving for about four weeks before today, unable to find any food in the ruins of his old neighborhood. He was on the knifes edge of starvation. Only a few more hours before he died. Then he heard voices. Too weak to do anything he just lay their, eyes open though they might as well have been closed.

"Man, are you sure this is the guy were looking for? He looks like he's half starved to death," said one guy.

"More like three-fourths starved. Come on lets get him back to the base before he keels over," said the other one.

They picked him up and carried back to the RumbleRena base. An hour later Zeph awoke to the smell of…. Something he didn't quite recognize in a small room with nothing but a small table, the bed he was in and a door, but as soon as he realized what the smell was, he shot up out of the bed he was in. Food, it was food. He saw a bowl of oatmeal on the table, and immediately began eating. When he was done with it, he saw five more bowls on another table in a corner and ran over and began scarfing down all of them. He felt like something was wrong, but couldn't put his finger on it or even find enough reason to care. I have FOOD! He thought.Half way through the third bowl though he found reason to care. Behind him the door had opened to admit nearly thirty armed soldiers. As soon as Zeph realized that, he activated his Alter power, spun around and clapped. With the use of his power he not only amplified it but shot it at ten different soldiers. All ten dropped dead from burst vital organs.

"Halt!" yelled someone still in the hall. He pushed through to the front and with all the soldiers still pointing guns at Zeph said "I want you to participate in some kind of…..game, yes that's it, a game. You will be fighting artificial Alter users. How does that sound? We will of course provide you with food and shelter."

At first Zeph was doubtful, but was remedied of that as soon as he said Zeph would have food. Food. Finally food for sure. I'll never starve again. "So all I have to do is fight some factory rejects and I'll get food?"

"Yes," said the man.

Zeph thought he might like this arrangement. After all his father all ways used to say that a dead fake is a good fake.

Last edited:

koyuki.sondo

(dot)Octavarium.xps
    Years
  • I'm sorry; I still want to join, but it'll have to wait till monday at the latest. I need to rework what I have and have a speech tournament this weekend. If that's too long, then I'll drop out of reserve, but I'd like to still play. Thanks in advance~!

capalex65

Anyone need a website done..?
    Years
  • Name: Gabriel
    Starter Pokémon: Mudkip
    Favorite Legendary: Mew
    Appearance: He usually wears a black suit with a dark red tie and a black trenchcoat that reaches the ground.
    His long white hair is often tied into a ponytail and reaches all the way down to his knees. His eyes are a golden amber color and when he's excited by something they seem to glow, but that might just be an optical illusion.
    History: Gabriel has been living in Veilstone City almost all his life, he's always enjoyed Pokémon and now, at the age of 21, he finally decided to get his first Pokémon. He's also owner of a large electronics company which develops computers and medical equipment. That is also the reason you'll never see him without a laptop, a PDA, a cell phone or some other techno gadget.
    Other Info: Due to his ownership of a company, he's rather rich, okay, he's filthy rich, but don't rub it in his face. Because of his large amount of money many people have targeted him in the past and he's a bit of a loner now because of his distrust.
    RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

koyuki.sondo

(dot)Octavarium.xps
    Years
  • Sorry for the wait! Finally got this in.

[FONT=&quot]Resume:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Name: Shindo Atsugami[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Age: Just short of 15[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gender: M[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Starter: Chimchar[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Favorite L: Mewtwo[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Appearance: Short, black hair, styled kinda like Light Yagami's, but with the bangs dyed crimson red; usually wears a black shirt with tan/khaki pants, sometimes in the colder weather, with a large black coat. His eyes gleam a bright emerald color, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]History: Having just moved to Twinleaf from a nearby nondescript island (nondescript for now, anyway), Shindo was an almost worshipping TV watcher. He stumbled across a program featuring Prof. Rowan, and decided that his duty was to get a hold of said professor and try to get his own Pokémon…after all, all the cool kids had one. Shortly before moving, he'd been helping the island Pokémon breeder with taking care of the Pokémon, as well, so he has some experience with handling them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Side: Good[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other Info: Has a bit of a hot streak when people mess with those he cares about, but mostly he's just a normal, somewhat hyper kid. He does tend to get attached to people somewhat easily, and has a small habit of being over trusting.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sample: Shindo hadn't seen it before, but he somehow knew exactly what to do. He picked up the Pidgey slowly, and took it to the table. Applying a bandage to the wing, he grabbed an antidote from the cabinet and rubbed the pidgey's neck, making it open its mouth. "It's okay…", he said, soothingly as he could. "It'll be fine. Just drink this…"[/FONT]

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • Ooh, this looks very interesting.

Name: Kaiser Redsash
    Starter Pokemon: Chikorita
    Favorite Legendary: Latias
    Appearance: Slightly on the short side for his age, Not really skinny or chubby. Has shortish thin arms and long legs. Weighs at around 137 lbs. Prefers Jeans, and tight-fitting long sleeved T-shirts or hoodies. Has chocolate-brown eyes and shortish dark brown hair, that spikes up and forward handsomely on the right. Has olive skin and attractive features. Also has thick eyebrows.
    History: Kai was born and raised in Hearthome city. Kai was always interested in teh world around him, and even more so in the necrophadellic, and often took walks to the memorial tower near Solaceon town, to try and communicate with the local ghost pokemon. For a while he studied such things under Fantina, but realized he needed to go out and find out these things on his own. And so he began trying to become a pokemon trainer, so his curiosity about the world around him could be satisfied.
    Side: Neutral for now. He may take a side later, after finding out more about whats happening.
    Other Info: A bit untrusting of pepole he doesn't know well, but is usually quick to warm up to pepole.
    RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back