• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PowerSaves in Canada

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • So I ventured into the following stores in Ottawa, ON and have not found a PowerSave device. It is also not on their websites:

• Walmart Canada
    • Target Canada
    • EB Games
    • The Source
    • Best Buy
    • FutureShop

If you're in Canada and own a PowerSaves device, here are my questions for you:

• Where did you purchase it?
    • What was its cost (with shipping and import, if applicable)?
    • If online, how long did it take for you to receive it?
    • If eBay, what was the name of the store?
    • What brand did you purchase?
    • How do you differentiate NTSC and PAL devices?

I'm in Ottawa, ON and if I can get it at a store here (like a private electronics store), then that'd be fantastic. There have to be resellers somewhere.

I tried Googling, too, and nothing. Not sure what to do. In the States, the device is 24,99$ and I was hoping to acquire it for around the same price, but eBay is closer to 40$ due to some weird import tax and shipping costs. Plus, most are bid wars and the ones that aren't are closer to 60$.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I know I answered my bit to you yesterday via VM, but I'll give my answers via quoting your questions (I'm in Ontario as well BTW).

Where did you purchase it?
    eBay. Won an auction for, at the time, $29 USD. Cheaper than any other on the site factoring in shipping and the fact that one from Burbank, which would have been cheaper, wanted to charge for tariffs. Really. Strange that the cheapest one (for me) came from Austria and with free shipping, which tells me he probably paid $10-$20 USD for them and thus the shipping was covered or something with a profit still there.

What was its cost (with shipping and import, if applicable)?
    Kinda answered that. LOL You have to keep an eye out, but I think I got in before the Power Saves craze really hit and got lucky to get the lower bid. They seem higher now.

If online, how long did it take for you to receive it?
    Roughly a week. Pretty good for free shipping.

If eBay, what was the name of the store?
    I'll PM you who I won through.

What brand did you purchase?
    Not sure what you mean here, there's only one "brand".

How do you differentiate NTSC and PAL devices?
    I'll let this guy explain the difference, first of all.

Second, mine looked like this.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Hi Cyclone,

What I meant by the NTSC and PAL is how can I tell by the PowerSaves packaging which is NTSC or PAL. I have NTSC games and whatnaught for sure :P but I don't want to accidentally buy a PAL PowerSave.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hi Cyclone,

What I meant by the NTSC and PAL is how can I tell by the PowerSaves packaging which is NTSC or PAL. I have NTSC games and whatnaught for sure :P but I don't want to accidentally buy a PAL PowerSave.
    I PMed more about that. The international packaging definitely does not like the picture I posted above. :)

Back