• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This felt like a slap in the face so please dont do this. I just got a 5iv froakie from WT. It was missing Protean and missing flawless ivs in speed. Honestly, why would I want one especially if it lacks Protean and speed ivs. I just Wt'd it back. I was goingto Release but someone might want it (doubt it tho). It might sound like I'm greedy, but I'mnot. If Iit would have said 3ivs (would need Spattack and Speed tho) timid protean Id be happy. I just dont see why People do this? Not everyone is a breeder (starting to seem like everyone but me is but eh). I dont trade the best of things ethier, but that was bad. It doesn't seem like that many good Pokemon get traded tho.

What I think is stupid tho is alot of breeders Clone pokemon, so why don't they send out their Competitive pokemon and keep some for themselves
    Or Pokebank Legends. It would be awesome to recieve a Kyogre, but People just dont seem ro be that nice lol.
    So, yeah It was cool and all, but they gave me a Pokemon I could not fix (That, and the breeding machanics are confussing).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I understand that wonder trade is all about mysteries and it's exciting to not know what you'll get. But most everyone just places a Fletchling and runs off with their new catch. What I'm trying to do is make wonder trade just a tad better, like where people actually have a chance at getting something good when they put one down. If I get a bad pokemon, I check to see if it has a hidden ability. If it doesn't, I release it. Otherwise it would only continue to cycle through wonder trade and add more disappointment. I'm also throwing phiones into wonder trade, or starters. Maybe an Eevee or two. Just pokemon that people can use. Personally, even if I already have the pokemon, I truly appreciate it a lot when I see somebody put thought into their selected pokemon. All it takes is breeding to cycle those pokemon through so others can get something worthwhile. Now this is all your choice, but I would really appreciate help from other people. I mean, it puts a smile on my face just when I get sent a starter. I already have them, but I'm still excited about it. There's still people cycling great pokemon through wonder trade and I don't want them to give up on their chances because of people and their pikachus. I placed down almost all of my phiones, and I got a Fletchling, Pikachu, Pansage, Pancham, stunfisk, Skitty, Eevee, tentacool, Hawlucha, Furfrou, skarmory and sneasel. Some of these I will keep; the tentacool, skarmory and sneasel. The others though, imagine how proud they must be of themselves for snagging a phione with a Pansage. (The Eevee was pretty good, I'm just not keeping it because I have so many)

So here is what I ask of everyone.
    1. If you get a bad pokemon, don't cycle it back into wonder trade.
    2. If you have spare good pokemon, consider putting them through.
    3. Maybe breed some good pokemon just for wonder trade specifically.
    4. Spread the word

I would appreciate this. If enough people begin doing this, we can really elevate the chances of decent pokemon. If it's something as small as a Fletchling with gale wings or as big as a level 100 groudon, I would be really thankful. The legendaries of course are only if you're feeling particularly Chance-y (ha. Get it? Chance-y? Chansey? No? Okay :c ) but maybe consider some starters, hidden ability pokemon, rares, safari, or anything you believe to be useful. Breeding doesn't take too long if you have a flame body pokemon, and you can really make someone's day.

Thanks for hearing me out :)
    -PsychoticPurpleGiraffeNamedCamiro

If you have any questions or comments, pm me.

Totally agree, I feel like is my duty to improve the quality of the WT XD. I traded something like 30 Gengar the other day, and got a mix of Caterpies, Pidgeys and Doduos. Freed them immediately. Everyone should do this.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2017
    Well I was on wonder trade the other day so I could clear up some PC space. I was trading away all of my 2-3 IV, Bold nature, Prankster Klefkis and on one of the trades I happened to get a Japanese Xerneas in return. What a lucky trade!

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    I guess I'm pretty lucky then :p
    Traded 5-6IV Cyndaquils and got the following
    Shiny 2IV Rotom
    Shiny 2IV Ditto
    Shiny 6IV Cyndaqul
    Mew
    Shaymin
    Victini
    Arceus (Dream World)
    Shiny Nobunaga's Rayquaza
    Lol

Years
  • This felt like a slap in the face so please dont do this. I just got a 5iv froakie from WT. It was missing Protean and missing flawless ivs in speed. Honestly, why would I want one especially if it lacks Protean and speed ivs. I just Wt'd it back. I was goingto Release but someone might want it (doubt it tho). It might sound like I'm greedy, but I'mnot. If Iit would have said 3ivs (would need Spattack and Speed tho) timid protean Id be happy. I just dont see why People do this? Not everyone is a breeder (starting to seem like everyone but me is but eh). I dont trade the best of things ethier, but that was bad. It doesn't seem like that many good Pokemon get traded tho.

What I think is stupid tho is alot of breeders Clone pokemon, so why don't they send out their Competitive pokemon and keep some for themselves
    Or Pokebank Legends. It would be awesome to recieve a Kyogre, but People just dont seem ro be that nice lol.
    So, yeah It was cool and all, but they gave me a Pokemon I could not fix (That, and the breeding machanics are confussing).

I've received some crappy Pokémon as well, but I kept them if they were starters. You can always re-breed and I didn't have them yet. I wasn't going to trade anyone to get one because I don't have much to offer as I didn't finish the game yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I wonder trade a mixture of crappy Pokemon and good ones. Wonder Trade isn't a rubbishfest people make it out to be. If you do it long enough, you'll get good results. I even got a shiny Floatzel once. If I'm ruining the Wonder Trade by getting rid of my Bunnelbys, then I guess I'm over it. I've sent over enough starters, HAs, good IVs and rare Pokemon for me not to feel guilty.

If you are getting no luck with wonder trades, the best advice is just keep doing it. Japanese players are more likely to have something from Pokemon Bank, and over time, more and more Pokemon that are now considered difficult to get will become more common through Wonder Trade...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I managed to get a hold of Beldum while Wonder Trading earlier today, and I'm super happy about it. It has five perfect IVs and Adamant nature. Going to train it up once I have time, then I'll turn it into one of my official team members maybe. :]

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Pretty sure Nintendo got tired of me wonder trading half way through my 3rd box of reject Noibats (IV breeding of course). It was probably the 65th or 70th pokemon I had wonder traded when my game decided no more connectivity (and that's just my 3ds, phone, PC, tablet all that connected without a problem). Most I got was garbage (you'd be surprised by how many Dedenne I got) but i did get a ralts (lvl 1), modest with 5 perfect IVs in a premier ball.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I did my first Wonder Trade a few days ago. I sent out a Dunsparce and got a Chespin! Gentle Nature which I don't think is very good, but I'm not gonna ditch any Pokemon I get in Wonder Trade cause they have a bad Nature.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I got a Marill today nicknamed "aqua pleb" O_O

On a side note, I bought Pokemon Y to play. I wanted to restart my save on X but since the bank is still delayed and I don't wanna lose my 400+ Pokemon, I bought Y instead.

I decided to do the wonder trade challenge (whereby you trade 6 pokemon into WT and play the game with what you get.)

So my Pokemon Y Starting team is:
    Level 01 - Rotom.
    Level 01 - Gible.
    Level 05 - Charmander. (with dragon dance)
    Level 01 - Whismur.
    Level 01 - Ralts.
    Level 06 - Bidoof.

Minus the bidoof I say I got pretty lucky. ^_^

I wonder traded some other Pokemon too, got back:
    Level 01 - Tirtouga.
    Level 50 - Gothorita. (sent back to WT)
    Level 37 - weepingbell. (sent back to WT)
    Level 01 - Honedge.
    Level 01 - Froakie (Protean and Modest)
    Level 01 - Misdreavous

Last edited:

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • What i got in my last few tries
    (Mind i have only done a handful so really 5 is all i have done)

Traded | For
    Pidgey | Chikorita
    Fletching | Scatterbug
    Bunnelby | Fletchling
    Machop | Protean Froakie
    Eevee | Charmander

I mean not to shabby on the Chikorita and the Protean froakie :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have been wonder trading a ton of Solar Power Charmanders (BTW, if anyone got one with the OT Padraig then please say Hi, I'd like to know if any of them found their way to members here, lol!) and someone sent me a freaking MEWTWO! That was great especially since I lost a Xerneas because I wasn't paying attention and accidentally wonder traded when I meant to GTS, so now everything has balanced out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back