• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Rain Dance Team please? ^_^

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
  • Azelf @ Focus Sash, Levitate, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Naive (Speed+, Sp Atk-)
    Zen Headbutt
    Stealth Rock
    Taunt
    Explosion.
    (Notes: Not really part of the Rain Dance aspect of the team. He's there to set-up Stealth Rock to stop Focus Sashers against my Swift Swimming and Priority members.)

Claydol @ Damp Rock, Levitate, 252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Special Attack.
    Bold (Defence+, Attack-)
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Rain Dance
    Earth Power.
    (Notes: Sets up both screens, then Rain Dance as close to its death as possible.)

Floatzel @ Life Orb, Swift Swim, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Adamant (Attack+, Sp Atk-)
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet.
    (Notes: Aqua Jet (along with its useful STAB and Rain Dance boost) stops Weavile, Scizor etc trying to revenge kill. Ice Punch kills pesky Dragons, although Extremespeed Dragonite is most likely going to be a problem.)

Gorebyss @ Focus Band, Swift Swim, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed.
    Modest (Sp Atk+, Attack-)
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Brine
    Rain Dance.
    (Notes: Makes use of Swift Swim to try and sweep. Can set up another Rain Dance if the first use runs out.)

Pikachu @ Light Ball, Static, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Timid (Speed+, Attack-)
    Encore
    Substitute
    Thunder
    Grass Knot.

(Notes: For those who don't know the effect of Light Ball and say I should use Raichu/Raikou instead, Light Ball doubles both of Pikachu's attack stats, so instead of its measly 199 Special attack, it has a massive 398 Special Attack. Pikachu also takes use of the 100% accuracy of Thunder from the Rain Dance. Encore is there incase he gets walled or stalled, which then lets him set up a free Substitute.)

Scizor @ LIfe Orb, Technician, 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Defence.
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Swords Dance
    Roost.
    (Notse: Rain Dance makes fire moves only 2x effective instead of 4x, which keeps Scizor alive against the likes of Fire Punching Electivire and Flare Blitz Arcanine. It can then Roost off the damage. Also after checking a damage calculator, Heatran still OHKO's with Flamethrower, but that's always going to be a problem for any Scizor.)

Let the painful soul-destroying comments begin. :)

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Azelf @ Focus Sash, Levitate, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Naive (Speed+, Sp Atk-)
    Zen Headbutt
    Stealth Rock
    Taunt
    Explosion.
    (Notes: Not really part of the Rain Dance aspect of the team. He's there to set-up Stealth Rock to stop Focus Sashers against my Swift Swimming and Priority members.)

Jolly > Naive as you're running Zen here. Also, it wants Rain Dance > Zen, the atk evs in HP and Damp Rock > Sash.

Claydol @ Damp Rock, Levitate, 252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Special Attack.
    Bold (Defence+, Attack-)
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Rain Dance
    Earth Power.
    (Notes: Sets up both screens, then Rain Dance as close to its death as possible.)

As now you have Azelf with Rain Dance, you can put Kingdra here.

Floatzel @ Life Orb, Swift Swim, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet.
    (Notes: Aqua Jet (along with its useful STAB and Rain Dance boost) stops Weavile, Scizor etc trying to revenge kill. Ice Punch kills pesky Dragons, although Extremespeed Dragonite is most likely going to be a problem.)

Is outclassed and is inferior to Kabutops/Qwilfish.

Gorebyss @ Focus Band, Swift Swim, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed.
    Modest (Sp Atk+, Attack-)
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Brine
    Rain Dance.
    (Notes: Makes use of Swift Swim to try and sweep. Can set up another Rain Dance if the first use runs out.)

Focus Band is bad, so is Brine. Anyway, this is an inferior Ludicolo.

Pikachu @ Light Ball, Static, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
    Timid (Speed+, Attack-)
    Encore
    Substitute
    Thunder
    Grass Knot.
    (Notes: For those who don't know the effect of Light Ball and say I should use Raichu/Raikou instead, Light Ball doubles both of Pikachu's attack stats, so instead of its measly 199 Special attack, it has a massive 398 Special Attack. Pikachu also takes use of the 100% accuracy of Thunder from the Rain Dance. Encore is there incase he gets walled or stalled, which then lets him set up a free Substitute.)

I do know about Light Ball, but as Pikachu isn't really fast, it dies in one hit easily. Put Rotom-W > Pikachu, Rotom can also abuse STAB Thunder, can set up rain and could fire off Rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

Scizor @ LIfe Orb, Technician, 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Defence.
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Swords Dance
    Roost.
    (Notse: Rain Dance makes fire moves only 2x effective instead of 4x, which keeps Scizor alive against the likes of Fire Punching Electivire and Flare Blitz Arcanine. It can then Roost off the damage. Also after checking a damage calculator, Heatran still OHKO's with Flamethrower, but that's always going to be a problem for any Scizor.)

Firstly, Arcanine and Electivire aren't common in OU. Run Rain Dance/Bug Bite/Superpower or even Quick Attack over U-Turn, because why lose your SD boosts? If you get to +6, and something like Suicune/Swampert shows up, you'll have to U-turn and lose your Swords Dances. SD Scizor also wants a the HP evs in Speed.

Let the painful soul-destroying comments begin. :)
    Comments in Red Bold. Hope I helped ^_^

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Pikachu is really nice in NU teams cause it has nasty plot and that monstrous special att
    however since this is a OU raindance team pikachu is practically useless
    (strange you're using 3 NU 1 UU and 2 OU )
    its a crime that your not using kingdra on a OU rain dance team (makes me :( )
    I agree with Fire wolfs above statements as well

NEVER EVER RUN U-TURN ON A SD SCIZOR

Last edited:

AeonWolf

do the monster meteor mash
    Years
  • I think that your Pikachu would be slightly more effective if it knew Surf instead of Grass Knot. their team switching in a ground type against Pikachu and then washing it away with a Rain Dance boosted Surf would be great and lulzy

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Well besides tiny flaws that have been pointed out, maybe do something with the pikachu and its a good team.

Years
  • I like the use of Pikachu. It's ballsy; I've been considering breeding one for my own rain dance team.

As many have said, once Azelf explodes, you're going to want a swift swimmer in there right away. Maybe you knew that already and just put the rest of the team in any order as you listed them. Never the less, Claydol shouldn't be used until you need the rain back up again after your early game sweeper does some damage.

Back