• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The only way you can tell if you viewed someone's profile is to view there profile

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • The title says it all, I don't really think much can be done about this but I just thought I would throw it out there.
    If there was someobe who replies to your thread and you think, do I know this person?, the only way to see if you viewed there profile, and be viewing there profile , it will display you are in the last 30 visits, so you wouldn't know

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The title says it all, I don't really think much can be done about this but I just thought I would throw it out there.
    If there was someobe who replies to your thread and you think, do I know this person?, the only way to see if you viewed there profile, and be viewing there profile , it will display you are in the last 30 visits, so you wouldn't know

You can click, "View Your Conversation with [x]" to see if you've spoken with them before via VM.

Otherwise I don't really see what you're getting at, unless you just want to not be seen looking at profiles, in which case you can set yourself to Invisible and they won't see what you're up to. (Staff still can see when you're on and whatnot however.)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • No it was more just a suggestion to add a list of the last 10 profiles you viewed or something

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    isn't this kind of a catch-22 unless you log out and view the profile as a guest or something

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, what if you did view their profile, but it was a while back and other people have replaced you in the top 10 visitors? Cause the visitor thing just counts recents. That would defeat the purpose.

I guess, if what I'm understanding is correct, this could be solved by having the system put you as a visitor after you leave their profile instead of including you on that visit where you're initially checking to see if you had.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The way I see it is if you can't remember them, you probably don't know them! If you do, it's probably not that well so I don't see much a purpose in adding this. Also if you're someone like me who stalks random people looks at random peoples' profiles, it doesn't necessarily denote the fact that you do know them.

As was said above, the best way of fixing this would be to add you as a visitor after leaving the page, but I don't know how difficult that might to be code, or how useful it might prove since it might just as well as be that enough people visited their profile and moved you off the list. As for adding a new list of profile's you visited, the same problem arises. What if you've looked at enough other profiles that the person in question is no long on that list? Not to mention it just seems like unneeded clutter.

Back