• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 32x32 Animated Icon Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayub121

Inventor
Years
  • About this resource:
    Spoiler:

Just a heads up, sometimes when you import an icon into Pokemon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite, it will look very messed up, colorwise. If that is the case, try reimporting with a different icon palette selected. (There are only three icon palettes so finding the right one shouldn't take too long.) All of these icons should work fine, however if for some reason they are not working with any of the palettes let me know.

Be sure to check out the helpful 64x64 sprite resources:

GEN IV

GEN V
    Spoiler:

***GEN VI***
    I'm not sure what I'm doing for these icons yet, or if I'll do them at all.

Last edited:

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    This is a great resource. I'm glad someone did it. It will certainly make any hacks I do on gen 3 games easier if I use gen 4 and up mons. So thank you sir and I salute you.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Take a look at this.
    And this.

It would be much easier to download them and put them in that editor you were talking about.

The spriter's resource thrive with these things. You should know what kind of hard work the members have done, compiling all that together.

So now you'll only have to compile the X&Y icons and the mega ones. Should be easier, huh?

Last edited:

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • This is a great resource. I'm glad someone did it. It will certainly make any hacks I do on gen 3 games easier if I use gen 4 and up mons. So thank you sir and I salute you.

Thank you! the goal is to make it easier for everyone!

Take a look at this.
    And this.

It would be much easier to download them and put them in that editor you were talking about.

The spriter's resource thrive with these things. You should know what kind of hard work the members have done, compiling all that together.

So now you'll only have to compile the X&Y icons and the mega ones. Should be easier, huh?

Yes, this isn't a super interesting or original resource honestly (I'm not making any of these from scratch). I'm just creating an image for every Pokemon, so people can come to Pokecommunity and easily find every icon, ready to be placed into their ROM. It's not new to me there are sprite sheets like that, but this resource is for people who would rather download a large number of icons over creating each individual sprite from a sheet. I'm just doing that work for them!

Last edited:

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    I meant to ask this in my first post but are you test inserting to make sure they work?

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • I meant to ask this in my first post but are you test inserting to make sure they work?

I'm getting all of them in first, because as of right now my computer is pretty messed up and I can't test them. (It won't run the tools I need, so I'm working on getting a new computer) After they are all uploaded, I will test them individually. They should be fine though, as Icon inserter tool fixes most color issues, which are usually the problem when inserting a sprite.

I was planning to have them all done by Thursday and test them untill today to have them all finished by Monday, but I got sick. :( So we'll see I'm still dealing with the sickness, hopefully I'll be able to finish up all the icons.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    I'm getting all of them in first, because as of right now my computer is pretty messed up and I can't test them. (It won't run the tools I need, so I'm working on getting a new computer) After they are all uploaded, I will test them individually. They should be fine though, as Icon inserter tool fixes most color issues, which are usually the problem when inserting a sprite.

I was planning to have them all done by Thursday and test them untill today to have them all finished by Monday, but I got sick. :( So we'll see I'm still dealing with the sickness, hopefully I'll be able to finish up all the icons.

You are doing fine! Don't rush yourself! It is your resource, take all the time you need! Don't feel rushed because of what others say... not that there were any posts saying such, but... Hope you feel better soon!
    P.S. Have you thought about doing the icons in X/Y format? They look more HD in X/Y. If not, that's ok, too. Just a suggestion to make this resource more wonderful! Good luck, and get well soon, my friend. :)

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • You are doing fine! Don't rush yourself! It is your resource, take all the time you need! Don't feel rushed because of what others say... not that there were any posts saying such, but... Hope you feel better soon!
    P.S. Have you thought about doing the icons in X/Y format? They look more HD in X/Y. If not, that's ok, too. Just a suggestion to make this resource more wonderful! Good luck, and get well soon, my friend. :)

Thank you! Chaos Rush suggested that idea, I'll see what I can do with it. (The color palettes changed from GEN I-V to GEN VI, so they would have to be recolored comlpetely)

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    So has there been any progress or is this dead in the water?

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    I'm still working on it. I'll definitely have the GEN V Icons finished today, the GEN IV might take me a bit longer, but I'll get them in as soon as possible.

Yay, that's great news. I hope you do the gen VI icons as well.

Why not do what Chaos Rush did and have a download link for a folder for each finished gen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Yes. I've recently started a rom hack of ruby with new pokemon, and I'm glad someone's converting icons for Pokemon.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sorry friend, but this project has been dead for quite some time.

aT48FG0.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back