• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild Pokemon won't attack back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm new to all of this so I really have no clue what I'm doing.

I'm following a guide on youtube, and just got up to the part where he adds wild Pokemon. I don't know if there are multiple ways to do it, but he did it by editing the encounters.txt file. I did everything he did and it worked, except for the fact that when I encounter them, they don't attack back. For instance, I could attack 4-6 times with my pokemon and they might finally respond with an attack back, but then it'll be 4-6 times without them attacking again, instead of the back and forth it's supposed to be. So any clues how to fix it?

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me out with my starting area. Basically the character starts out in a shack with boxes, and I want one of these boxes to contain the starter pokemon. But at the same time, I don't want the character to be able to go outside of the shack without getting the pokemon first. Like a message popping up saying "I should search around first". Also, before he obtains the pokemon, I want a message popping up saying something like "There seems to be a pokemon inside, do you want to take it?" with the choice of a Yes or No.

This might be asking for a lot but it'd be greatly appreciated if you could help me out.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • Which version of Essentials do you have? There was an AI bug in v15 that was fixed in v15.1, that resulted in this exact problem (wild Pokemon not attacking).

Do you know which parts of the script were changed to fix this issue exactly?
    I modified a lot of scripts for my game so I'm a bit hesitant to update to the newest version.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Sometimes the wild pokemon dont attack me every turn with some sort of move. My pokemon will just attack, and then it will re-direct to the attack screen again. Any help is appeciated.

Years
  • Do you have any of the specific scripts that were changed?
    I've made A LOT of changes to the scripts and I'm not losing all of my changes.

This post was made a year ago.
    a) Don't necropost.
    b) No idea. Perhaps you should document your own changes, and port them over to 16.2

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back