• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sharper than a than a thumb tack

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • or push pin - is the difference a cultural thing or what? because i've seen it called both

anywho, how tactful are you? i'm honestly curious because EVERY time i find myself wanting to call someone out i end up softening it with comforting words or relateable phrases that make me come across as far less hostile than i intend.

it's a GOOD thing to not be crass, and i do think it makes me a better person, but idk if others do this too

so please continue to feed my curiosity by telling me a) IF you do this and b) IF you do, c) what types of phrases/words do you use??

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • It depends on what it is for. If it's for something small, then I word things pretty casually and friendly. However, for more serious topics and/or situations, I'm a little more brash, but will word things in a way that doesn't convey a lot of emotion. All I care about is getting the point across in the best way possible for each scenario. I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it over the past couple years.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I like to think I have a reasonable amount of tact; I certainly don't try to say anything about something small or insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

...But there is a tipping point. When that tipping point is reached; I can't say I pull many punches. I make myself as clear as I can; and hopefully iron out the wrinkles of misunderstanding thereafter in the following dialogue. That's usually the most important thing that people should realize about how I am. I come on quite strong and bold at first perhaps; then I soften things and sharpen my point and meaning to the precision necessary. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or an elitist or even cruel to anyone; I know what that feels like all too well and I don't want to be that person who makes someone feel bullied!

But I do want to sometimes come across very strongly so I have your attention and you take my message to heart. Often the stronger on I come; the more important the message or wisdom is I have to impart. If you bear with it; I usually sharpen my point down pretty well as the dialog goes on and you ask questions and express your own side of things. That often affects and colors how I sharpen my point to someone quite significantly; as I can come at something perhaps a little bluntly and then sharpen down to clear up any misunderstandings as they arise.

Lucid

I'm so bad at sugar coating things. I pretty much just say how I feel.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
  • It depends on what it is for. If it's for something small, then I word things pretty casually and friendly. However, for more serious topics and/or situations, I'm a little more brash, but will word things in a way that doesn't convey a lot of emotion. All I care about is getting the point across in the best way possible for each scenario. I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it over the past couple years.

This. But I don't really think that I come across as near as being brash, probably just more being curtious as I can be, if that makes sense, since I am wording this post in the same.

I don't intend to be playing around with other's feelings when I speak by text, because that just doesn't sit with me very well; I get flustered afterwards if I unknowingly do. :(

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    or push pin - is the difference a cultural thing or what? because i've seen it called both

anywho, how tactful are you? i'm honestly curious because EVERY time i find myself wanting to call someone out i end up softening it with comforting words or relateable phrases that make me come across as far less hostile than i intend.

it's a GOOD thing to not be crass, and i do think it makes me a better person, but idk if others do this too

so please continue to feed my curiosity by telling me a) IF you do this and b) IF you do, c) what types of phrases/words do you use??

i think i've spent three years telling you to get your ass together and go through with what you want to say
    especially when it involves me getting what i want

i'm the opposite of david here, i'm the perpetual devil on my own shoulder
    i'm very blunt with how i think and feel and i'm very willing to go head to head with someone over my thoughts
    but when willing i'm able to be perfectly tactful and charming and someone that most people just adore
    but that usually coincides with me being manipulative or trying to sneak out of something lmao

Years
  • I've been told that I can be a bit rude when speaking to others, since I never really think of what I say before I say it. I try to always tell the truth whenever possible, and it's gotten to the point that I'll say whatever I imagine the truth to be, regardless of how brutal the honesty may seem to others.

I'd like to be a little more tactful, but I guess it's just not in my nature.

Back