• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eek. Hello...?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
  • I joined this website over a month ago and finally got the nerve to say hello. I am terribly, horribly shy.

So...introduction time!

Pokemon came to America when I was in the first grade, at that time it slowly began taking over my life, and continues to do so to this day.

I am an avid fangame player, which brought me to this forum in the first place (so many amazing games and demos!)

Little things about me...hm...

I am always roleplaying, reading, or playing some video game (or thinking about doing one of the three when I'm at work).

Last spring I graduated from college with a major in English and a minor in theatre, I'm always open to proofread dialogue for games, or anything else someone might need proofread.

I love making competitive teams on Pokemon showdown.

My favorite Pokemon type is Fire. My favorite generation is two, my least favorite generation is 5 (though I am obsessed with N to the point of cosplaying him). My favorite Eeveelution is Glaceon, and my favorite legendary is...frequently changing. I...think it's Entei.

Last summer I began developing my own Pokemon fangame, which I will make a post for...when I'm allowed to? Do I need requirements to do such a thing? I am super intimidated by everything and don't want to mess up.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Welcome to PC!

Aw, no need to be shy! PC is the friendliest forum out there. Trust me about this. As someone with social anxiety, I had no problem finding people to talk to here, since everyone--from members to staff--are really nice and friendly, willing to answer questions or even talk to you.

Since you like reading and proofreading, there's always a need for reviewers in Fanfiction and Writing. Or, if you just like talking about reading books, there's a thread to talk about books in General Entertainment about what books you're currently reading. And of course, there's the local Roleplay Theatre where you can join in on various roleplays.

As for your Pokemon game, if it's a ROM hack, you can check out the ROM hacking section. Check out the various sections and guides located in each to see where the best fit is for your topics. There are some requirements for posting a thread in ROM Hacking, but the rules (posted as stickies at the top of the various sections) say what your thread needs to be approved for posting. If you have some questions or just want to make sure your thread is good for posting, you can always ask the moderators Spherical Ice and Christos.

If your thread isn't a ROM hack, there's the Game Development forum, modded by Maruno. Again, there are guidelines for posting in this section outlined in the stickies, so you can check those out.

Don't worry if you make a mistake here. PC's staff won't get mad. They'll help you out and guide you so you can enjoy your time here, because that's what they like to see members do. Just relax and have fun.

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • Hi, LinearAxel!

The Name's MusicClues, Don't mind My Profile Pic. I'm A Big Pokemon fan myself.
    You like N? A Pal of Mine like Him too. He's A cool guy.
    You'll Find Plenty of Roleplayers on here, I bet! I roleplay too so shoot me a RP starter sometime.
    I'm Looking forward to see the Fan game you Working on.

Years
  • Don't worry - you're very well covered here. People on PC are lovely and you'll get the help you need so long as you stick around. Welcome, Axel! Props for breaking out of that shyness shell and posting.. took me a while to myself, years in fact. x'D;;;; So I understand that all too well.

Good luck developing your game! Seems like you've had your questions answered but just incase you're still confused you can also shoot me a message anytime. [; I'm not a fangame maker but I'd be glad to point you in the right direction and answer questions.

Enjoy your time!

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • Hello, everyone!

It's super nice to meet all of you!

Thank you for being so welcoming, and answering my silly questions. I didn't even know there was an rp message board here, that's great!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone. From the sounds of it, everyone here is fantastic! (Nice people on the internet seem to be a dying breed...so this is great!)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • tumblr_inline_n1wcp48Htz1qfqvym.gif

I'm afraid that I'm not so diverse on creating a fangame, haha, but it's nice to learn you've gotten an interest on it!

tumblr_inline_n1wcowaMCT1qfqvym.gif

I'm glad that you've become a part of our PC family - I'm Dragon and it's very nice to meet you! I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since I could remember too. My first game was Pokemon Yellow, in fact! Cause oldies are definitely the goldies. Anyways, don't be shy on asking any question you see fit, and I'd love to help you around!

tumblr_inline_n1wcnu3sUV1qfqvym.gif

Have yourself a good night, and I'd love to see you again really soon!

Back