• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Minecraft: Herobrine Sightings

dooku01

Save the manatees!
Years
  • I need to get information on every Herobrine sighting to figure out the mystery of Herobrine himself.

I know a lot of you are probably thinking, why a minecraft thread on the pokemon forum? But the reason is that I was too lazy to make an account so I did it here.

Today I had my first Herobrine sighting. Well,kind of. I closed the computer while he was killing me from behind. It inspired me to write this. I will NEVER STOP until Herobrine is found out!

When I heard about Herobrine, I thought he was a joke. But today when my friend was playing on my account, he saw a torch in a random cave. I thought, what are the odds? But then I saw a leafless tree and a lava pit in a taiga biome. Later, I was on my new world, and, there in the desert was a stone and sandstone building, about 8x8, and then everything went diagonal and I heard the sound that meant I was dying. And the reason I know it was Herobrine is that I was lost, so I set it to peaceful.

Thanks all for reading!

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • You do know that Herobrine doesn't exist right? You can even ask _jeb or Notch. They said that they like the fan fiction surrounding it, but they never made a "Herobrine" character in-game.

And at one point, they discussed possibly including Herobrine in some future release. However, if you look at the Minecraft assets (.bin files) and a quick internet search shows that no one has found the so-called Herobrine. Any videos on YouTube are most likely fabricated for the sole entertainment of the viewer.

Unless you have official proof, then I won't believe it.

dooku01

Save the manatees!
    Years
  • *Curses self for not taking screenshot*
    That's what I thought, until all this happened!
    The reason no one ever thinks anything about is because Notch and Jeb have decided to turn the other way.
    I, however, have not. Herobrine might be nothing, but something happened to me in the desert.
    And I am apparently one of the few who believe.
    Nothing will rest me from solving this! My friends say they have had Herobrine sightings, and one swears The face of Herobrine froze on his screen. And not as any screensaver!

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • What if this is Mojang's plan all along. Make us think Herobrine is just a myth, and then when some poor chump like dooku01 cries wolf, nobody believes him.

It's genius.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • So lucky you saw him!! I haven't got the joy but I believe I found his lair. I was just starting out in a new world. I was getting dark out so I went to go hide in a cave, I found a 2x1 (like a door) of gravel on the side of a cliff and started there, but then I fell down a hole into a cavern with a potrait of Herobrine in wool on a wall.

We got to figure out this mystery!!!

dooku01

Save the manatees!
    Years
  • Well... (rubs back of neck) I didn't see him, but what else would have killed me?
    And AJ, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Maybe one of the reasons that Mojang DOESN'T want us to figure out Herobrine.

:0 (Lightbulb appears over head)

Maybe the myth behind Herobrine is true, and Mojang is trying to cover it up!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Myth or not.
    I find Herobrine to be an interesting concept, and if he isn't he should be part of the game.
    I know not many people would be a fan of this idea, but I want them to add more 'bosses' to Minecraft, and have Herobrine as one of them.
    It would be a good idea.
    As for seeing him, I'm yet to do so.

I know Mojang are playing along with it, if you look in the updates on many occasions 'Removed Herobrine' is a update.

dooku01

Save the manatees!
    Years
  • Inching closer to finding out who/what Herobrine really is.

Just found out that some people say that Herobrine screenshots are just iron doors that are re-designed or edited, because he's never moving in the screenshot. But I don't think that's true since my friend said Herobrine ran at him.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The only misleading thing is, people who've claimed to see him have no proof.
    And, people who haven't make up fake ones, just to claim they've seen him.

Either way, I've never actually encountered him, I do really want to though.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    I've never seen him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Notch did put him in once as a prank. So far most members of Mojang either jokingly agree with it or claim it's pure BS. But yeah, as Musketeer said it, there are no files linked to Herobrine on the game proper so odds are, this is just an Urban Legend of Zelda.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I have some information, and possible proof.

Some background information first

Notch had a brother who passed away (I think when he was a kid). As Notch started to start work on coding the game, he added "Herobrine" his memorial to his dead brother in secret.

Said mysterious character now terrorizes people playing on the smallest fog setting, normally in every other update. You can see proof of the update thing if you read
    http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/

Before you say "Oh, that's just as a joke!" Are you sure? Did you go through the games code? Or are you just in denial.

Now... on to the rest of my proof.

I'm going to start right off by saying I HAVE NEVER PERSONALLY ENCOUNTERED HIM ON ONE OF MY SERVERS! as I always play on Far fog distance.

During my time alpha testing minecraft, Herobrine was doing a lot of work. People would flock to the forums and start a thread asking about the mysterious figure with white eyes terrorizing them. There thread would almost immediately be not closed but deleted right off the interwebz. Some people would try again to post a thread on the fourms and it would be deleted faster then before. They would then receive a PM from the username "Herobrine". The message would simply read "Stop." Supposedly, if you tried to access his profile, it would 404.

I just lost my train of thought... I'll edit this when I remember.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The '-Removed Herobrine' in updates is a joke and always has been.
    I've seen it in so many updates. It's gotta be a joke. when you remove something from a game. It's removed. It doesn't come back.

and the whole Notch's dead brother thing is False
    Notch has admitted himself he's never had a brother who's had an accidental or purpose death. And even if he did, he said he wouldn't put it in a game as he finds it disgraceful to have departed family members carved into a game as a monster.

If anything, if Notch was to put a departed family member in Minecraft, it would be a NPC which gave you some advantage? Like has a few diamonds to donate. Food to give. Crafted Items.

No murder you when you least expect.

Back