• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Batman v Superman & Suicide Squad trailers hit the internet

Years

• Spoiler:

Thoughts on either of the trailers and the upcoming movies? Does the theme of the trailers thus far of BvS (Luthor taking advantage of the destruction in MoS to discredit Superman) change your view of Man of Steel at all?

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    BvS - What worries me is that it looks like there may be too much going on for a single film, what with Batman getting angsty at Superman plus Lex Luthorberg (he has hair in this lmao?) getting involved with both of them while ALSO putting his own machinations with Doomsday into play. This on top of introducing Wonder Woman and the Justice League and providing suitable time for them to develop their own movies.

SS - Margot Robbie certainly looks promising! The trailer doesn't tell much about the movie, other than Amanda Waller is skinny for once and Suicide Squad is up to something. Still worried about Leto's Joker turning the character into a parody of itself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • BvS looks like a mess from this trailer. Maybe the movie won't be, but the trailer really should have tried to be a little more coherent. I guess it will appeal to people who are already on board, but for someone who was pretty hesitant (a.k.a. me) about how good this movie could be, I'm even more skeptical now than I already was.

Is the second trailer working? I can't get anything to play.

Years
  • Look forward to both, so hyped. I've spent about a year checking every day for news, I was so happy when the first trailer came out, and now this trailer... so hyped, espescially showing they do actually fight, despite some rumours saying they wouldn't. (even though it's called Batman vs Superman) And soon enough, the Suicide Squad trailer will be out in HD. Looks great though, DC has full support from me.

Years
  • Got the HD Suicide Squad trailer up, :D :D

I must say, SS looks like it could be really, really good. Waller's little voice-over is perfect, Margot Robbie is amazing (Like super hot) looking and Leto's Joker gave me the shivers. I'm pumped.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    in slightly related bvs news, jesse eisenberg compared comic-con to genocide

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Alright, so I've re-watched each of the trailers because my immediate opinions are almost always scattered.

I'm one of those rare individuals that actually liked MoS, so don't crucify me. This BvS trailer was definitely all for showing the special effects, cgi, 'look what we can do!' type of thing. I'll agree with most people that there's simply too much going on, omfg. Lex Luther. Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. I'm worried about the cohesion of the story, but I'm sure future trailers will nail it down a bit (I hope...).

I don't really know much about Suicide Squad, but I'm pumped. I feel like once I look up the characters I'm going to feel dumb for not noticing them, especially going to have to look up Jai's. Violaaaa as Waller. <3 I forgot she was in this. God, I'm hoping the Harley is promising, not just there as some tool of sexualization. I want more of Katana, please. I see you Scott Eastwood... in the last ten seconds of the trailer all the way in the back of the group.

Lucid

I'm excised!! more so for Suicide Squad because I really like the casting. BvS, meh, Man of Steel was a bore, I just hope it's not so monotoned and brooding. Suicide Squad just seems like a more enjoyable flick. Jared and Margo look amazing and I'm sure they'll deliver where I'm already feeling Ben and Henry will be way too bland and fall flat. Again, with BvS, I'm still kinda wtf as to what they're gonna do with Cyborg and Aquaman. Now I want a decent Deadpool trailer. ;(

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Batman vs. Superman is exactly the trailer I thought it would be. Polished and CGI heavy. A little about Superman's/Kent's origins, Snyder gets to do his take on the Wayne family tragedy, and the two are set on a collision course. It's certainly going to be a busy movie though, what with the actual Batman vs Superman arc, Lex Luthor manufacturing conflict, and the appearance of Wonderwoman along what may be the first introductions of the Justice League. Sequels abound.

Suicide Squad on the other hand is clearly marketing itself towards DC/Comic-Con goers, not a general movie going audience. I felt most of the trailer was spent saying "look at this actor you recognize, and this one!" Nothing wrong with that, since the casting is definitely promising, but the actual trailer didn't say much about the story. Though I remember reading somewhere that the trailer was put together very quickly?

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • BvS looks great to me. Never really had any doubts tho. Lex is a weird casting choice but I never liked the character so the fuck do I care?

Suicide Squad never interested me. Hate Harlequin, the rest of them are nobodies for the most part, and this Joker isnt appealing to me.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I actually think both look outstanding. I had my doubts for Batman v Superman, and while I still have some... I'm feeling a LOT better about it. Still concerned about Gal Gadot's acting, but she at least looks like she's trying, and looks better in the costume than I... expected. Still pretty scrawny, though.

As for Suicide Squad? Never had a lot of high hopes for that, but it honestly looks pretty spectacular. Harley Quinn is especially well done and, while I do NOT care for the character usually, she's the main reason I want to see it. The Joker... look, I think Jared Leto is going to do an amazing job with what they've given him, but I just don't have the highest hopes for what their ideals are. I'm more optimistic than before, but it is the ONE thing I'm worried about.

Back