• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi119

Abbeon
Years
  • Does anybody know how the exp share works? Well, I know how it works, I've beaten the game, but if you have a full team of 6 pokemon, will they recieve less experience than if you only had 2 pokemon? What I'm saying is, is the exp shared among all the pokemon or will each pokemon recieve it's own amount of experience?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Does anybody know how the exp share works? Well, I know how it works, I've beaten the game, but if you have a full team of 6 pokemon, will they recieve less experience than if you only had 2 pokemon? What I'm saying is, is the exp shared among all the pokemon or will each pokemon recieve it's own amount of experience?

Main battlers receives 100% of the Exp they deserves, while the slackers in the team receive 50% instead. {XD}

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • Does anyone know the conditions for rebattling a trainer? I don't remember getting rebattles at all on Y but my friend on X seems to rebattle all the time. Not sure what triggers it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does anyone know the conditions for rebattling a trainer? I don't remember getting rebattles at all on Y but my friend on X seems to rebattle all the time. Not sure what triggers it.

If your rank is high enough in the Battle Chateau, you can have rematches with the Gym Leaders and Elite 4. Of course, you can have rematches with the Elite 4 in the Pokemon League itself.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • So I have a habit of pre-determining one Pokemon to use to sweep the entire Elite 4 ahead of time. I used Lucario for White and White2.

My concluded Pokemon for XY is Porygon-Z
    My question is, do you think this set will do the job for in-game purposes only?

Porygon-Z @Expert Belt
    Trait: Download
    Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power (Ground)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I have a habit of pre-determining one Pokemon to use to sweep the entire Elite 4 ahead of time. I used Lucario for White and White2.

My concluded Pokemon for XY is Porygon-Z
    My question is, do you think this set will do the job for in-game purposes only?

Porygon-Z @Expert Belt
    Trait: Download
    Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power (Ground)

Porygon-Z is NOT available in X/Y. Wait till Poke Bank. And when it does come out: The lack of STAB REALLY hurts:
    -Agility
    -Tri Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 96 HP/252 SAtk/160 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Download

or
    -Tri Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Ability: Adaptabilty

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Tri Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Adapability

Note that BoltBeam is acceptable over Dark Pulse + Hidden Power (Fighting)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Been trying to plan out my Heliolisk for awhile, and now that I got my shiny I guess I can actually go forward with it.

Main question from a competitive standpoint (and I know this isn't the best moveset, but I'm pretty adamant about having the first three), what should I have for the fourth move slot?

Surf
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Focus Blast/Hyper Beam

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Been trying to plan out my Heliolisk for awhile, and now that I got my shiny I guess I can actually go forward with it.

Main question from a competitive standpoint (and I know this isn't the best moveset, but I'm pretty adamant about having the first three), what should I have for the fourth move slot?

Surf
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Focus Blast/Hyper Beam

Heliolisk is too frail to set up Rain Dance. It also lacks a good special Normal STAB (not even Hyper Voice or Boomburst, and before you ask, Razor Wind and Hyper Beam don't count as good Special STABs):
    -Volt Switch/U-turn
    -Thunderbolt/Thunder
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin

Years
  • Porygon-Z is NOT available in X/Y. Wait till Poke Bank. And when it does come out: The lack of STAB REALLY hurts:

Oh I should have mentioned that I am waiting for Pokebank.
    Like i said this is simply so I have a single Pokemon to clean up the E4. Used with Exp Share to quickly grind.
    I might consider your options for a competitive Porygon-Z so thanks but I imagine OHKOing everything with something 20 levels above is much faster.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Heliolisk is too frail to set up Rain Dance. It also lacks a good special Normal STAB (not even Hyper Voice or Boomburst, and before you ask, Razor Wind and Hyper Beam don't count as good Special STABs):
    -Volt Switch/U-turn
    -Thunderbolt/Thunder
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin
    I suppose that's true. Hyper Beam is lulzy, yes, but Focus Blast is pretty much the bane of my existence. I'll deliberate some more, but thanks.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I don't know if this the correct place to ask this but I need help with an error in Pokemon X. My cousin was playing pokemon X and while he was saving the game it froze, he turned it off and when he tried to turn it on again it said there was an error and he needed to turn the game off again. I tried to fix it by downloading the update for Pokemon X, but it still says error. I really don't know what to do, if this has happened to anyone else and they managed to fix it, I would appreciate some advice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Maractus could be found in Friend Safari. Keep adding more friends, and hope that one of them have it on their list. If they do, then you're good to go! Cottonee—it cannot be found anywhere. Maybe you could find it in the Friend Safari as well, but I'm not too sure. Say, why not request a Cottonee in the GTS? Someone might have one, somehow.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Maractus could be found on the Friend Safari. Keep adding more friends, and hope that one of them have it on their list. If they do, then you're good to go! Cottonee—it cannot be found anywhere. Maybe you could find it in the Friend Safari as well, but I'm not too sure. Say, why not request a Cottonee in the GTS? Someone might have one, somehow.

Thanks heading to look for it now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    How soon can you start breeding, exactly? I know you gain access to the Day Care shortly after getting the first badge, but I read somewhere that you can only leave one Pokemon there until obtaining a few more badges. Is this true?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Anyone know if you can get more then one shiny in one chain?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Anyone know if you can get more then one shiny in one chain?

Nobody knows for sure yet, but since the chain continues even after you've encountered the shiny, I'm guessing you could. It may take you double the chaining numbers, though. For example, if you ran into a shiny Pokémon at about thirty chains, then you probably won't be able to encounter another one until you reach sixty. That's just a prediction, though. I've never stumbled into two shinies in one chain, personally, but definitely could have if I tried. Shiny chaining takes a lot of time, patience, and motivation, which simply I lack. d:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I know that Mob encounters increase Shiny rates (because they're 5 pokemon, better odds). But I've heard along with that there's actual better individual shiny odds for each pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back