• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mythical Pokemon to be Distributed This Year

Years
  • Manaphy (June 2016)

Mythical Pokemon
    All of the Pokemon on this list are confirmed to be distributed in North America from GameStop (US) and EB Games (CA).
    All of the Pokemon on this list are confirmed to be distributed in Scandinavia from BR (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark)1.
    The entries in bold are being distributed via serial codes, all others will be WiFi events!
    • Feb 1-24: Mew
    • Mar 1-24: Celebi
    • Apr 1-24: Jirachi
    • May 1-24: Darkrai
    • Jun 1-24: Manaphy
    • Jul 1-24: Shaymin
    • Aug 1-24: Arceus
    • Sep 1-24: Victini
    • Oct 1-24: Keldeo
    • Nov 1-24: Genesect
    • Dec 1-24: Meloetta

1 - Serial code dates are different for these countries. See below for details.

Additional Countries and Dates for Mew
    Spoiler:

Additional Countries and Dates for Celebi
    Spoiler:

Additional Countries and Dates for Jirachi
    Spoiler:

Additional Countries and Dates for Darkrai
    Spoiler:

Additional Countries and Dates for Manaphy
    Spoiler:

FAQ
    Q - Can I obtain more than one serial code card?
    A - No, and yes. Most stores have a policy limiting the amount of cards to 1 per person. However, it's still worth bringing a friend, or going back after a few days. Some stores might give you more than one, depending on how lax they are on enforcing this policy.

Q - Can I obtain more than Pokemon during the WiFi events?
    A - Yes, but you're limited to just one Pokemon per game cartridge. So, just use multiple game cartridges!

Q - Do I have to purchase anything to get a serial code card or a Pokemon from the WiFi events?
    A - No! There is no purchase necessary for both the serial code cards and the WiFi events.

Q - Can I use my serial code on more than one game to get more than one Pokemon?
    A - No! One card per game. Once you redeem your card on the first game, it cannot be used for another.

Q - Can I use a serial code card from ABC region on my XYZ region game?
    A - No! Serial codes are region-specific!

Sources and Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
  • So happy about this, I missed all of the 5th gen event mons so this will be great. Also just having these all legit 6th gen is awesome.

Its serial codes for Europe too though I don't think they have confirmed which stores for each country, in the UK it will most likely be GAME.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I'm so excited and definitely going to get ALL of them! I've never had a Mew in my game in my whole life so I'm extremely stoked for this. What a great year it's going to be!!

Years
  • Most people seem to forget this event is for Europe as well as NA. If these come to Australia (given we tend to get same treatment as Europe) then I will certainly expect these events to be at EB Games since that's our counterpart.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm sooo glad that most of the Mythical Pokémon made it, including Shaymin and Victini among others, I can't wait! And at last, North America and the others won't be waiting any longer now :) Even though I can get most of them due to being distributed on the Wi-Fi events, I'm not sure if I can get Mew, Darkrai, Arceus or Genesect on the list due to not being in America.

Years
  • I'm sooo glad that most of the Mythical Pokémon made it, including Shaymin and Victini among others, I can't wait! And at last, North America and the others won't be waiting any longer now :) Even though I can get most of them due to being distributed on the Wi-Fi events, I'm not sure if I can get Mew, Darkrai, Arceus or Genesect on the list due to not being in America.

Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect are the only ones with serial codes. The others are all wi-fi events so that's at least nothing bad, especially because the wi-fi ones are the majority here.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I'm more interested in the plushes that come with the events than the events themselves, I really want a Darkrai plush X3. I'll still get the pokémon but still.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I am excited for getting these Pokémon, especially Mew since it's currently the only Kanto Pokémon I don't have in my dex.

Years
  • I've been really bad about not going out and getting those event Pokemon that require you going to specific participating locations for the past few years, but this year I want to make it a goal to get them all. Like Noa-tan, I've never owned a Mew in all of my life, so getting that legendary will be cool. 6 year old me loved Mew.
    tumblr_m0myp42wdJ1qcfn0j.gif

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Finally. If there's one thing about Pokemon games that annoys me, it's that these guys never have events I can get them from. Japan gets a full set every two hours, we never get so much as a Mew.

It's a shame Meloetta's the last one, since it's my favorite of the bunch, but it's still cool we can get so many throughout the year. I also don't like most of the movesets they're getting, but that's no problem for the most part.

Guess it's time to start hunting down their special items.

Years
  • Guess it's time to start hunting down their special items.

Remember that NPCs in 6th Gen games do give you any special items that a Legendary uses, so that means if you talk to them with a Shaymin in your party, you'll get a Gracidea. Same goes for Genesect, where you'll obtain all four drives, and so on. Arceus however, you still need to hunt down all the plates for, but it is harder in ORAS since they're underwater (barring Iron Plate, which the Beldum in Steven's house comes with) and you can't use the Dowsing Machine underwater.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Remember that NPCs in 6th Gen games do give you any special items that a Legendary uses, so that means if you talk to them with a Shaymin in your party, you'll get a Gracidea. Same goes for Genesect, where you'll obtain all four drives, and so on. Arceus however, you still need to hunt down all the plates for, but it is harder in ORAS since they're underwater (barring Iron Plate, which the Beldum in Steven's house comes with) and you can't use the Dowsing Machine underwater.

I had no idea about Genesect's drives, thanks for that. Actually, now that I've looked it up, the same goes for X and Y, so I guess I imagined ever having to find them.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Are you able to get more than one serial code if you happen to own all six gen copies (X, Y, OR, AS)?

Some GameStops will let you have multiple cards, but for those who don't, you can try coming back after several days or go to a different store.

For me, I'll be hitting up multiple stores. It's not that I need a bunch of Mew, but they are nice to have for certain playthroughs.

Back