• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to find a female Combee?

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
Years
  • Im finding a hard time finding a female combee in HG (because we all know male combees are useless), i want to ask this question because im curious. So Far it's been about 1 hour 23 mins for myself.

Years
  • I don't remember exactly how long, but it wasn't until I played Platinum (despite having played D/P before) that I finally got my female Combee. I used to think they were non-existent due to how rare they were, but it was nice to finally get one and try Vespiquen out for myself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think I just settled for a male and bred it with Ditto until I hatched a female.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I did the same as Ludger. I caught a male Combee in the wild on Pearl and then bred for a female one after I beat the game. It took quite a few eggs, but it was far easier to hatch one than to try and catch one from the wild.

Years
  • Just like everyone else: I breed one. I just wish the males get more useful in the new games. Though having a party of males can make you lots of honey...

Years
  • While we all have to admit finding a female Combee was a very tedious luck-based progress in 4th Gen, later generations have thankfully made Combee easier to find which also means you don't need to go through as many hoops for the elusive female Combee.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I think I was rather lucky at the time because I managed to find a female Combee almost immediately (within 4 tries) when trying to find one on Platinum.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • it wasn't difficult in 4th gen really, all you had to do was find a combee tree and SR until you got a female in dppt. and in hgss, just keep headbutting the tree (route 25 is the best place cuz combee is a 65% encounter rate)

Back