• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So far I haven't felt super excited for these, but I think my hype will grow as we learn more about them. Looking forward to May 10th!

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I hope we get the starter Pokémon.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Kinda curious as to why the Japanese site is the only one that's got this announcement up right now. There's also no mention of other time zones for the news, whereas the Pokemon Direct we got back in February had listed all time zones for everybody. I wonder if it's going to be some sort of Japan-exclusive media other than Pokenchi and CoroCoro, but what else could that be?

EDIT: OH CRAP

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/728637966323699712

They're preparing themselves.... PREPARE TO SCREAM LIKE WOOKIES.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Kinda curious as to why the Japanese site is the only one that's got this announcement up right now. There's also no mention of other time zones for the news, whereas the Pokemon Direct we got back in February had listed all time zones for everybody. I wonder if it's going to be some sort of Japan-exclusive media other than Pokenchi and CoroCoro, but what else could that be?

They're just having people rewatch the old Direct, but that does seem like a preparation, refreshing people's minds after 2 1/2 months~ of no news.

Years

Now the international entities are picking up on this. They just ended up being a bit slower than usual at picking up on new things.

Years
  • I'm willing to bet this will be an "actual" reveal for the games (like, with gameplay, mascots, starters), as Masuda RT'ed every regions "new info may 10th!" tweet, and wrote on his blog "Sorry for making everyone wait, big news may 10th!"

While I think mascots are basically guaranteed at this point, I can't imagine they'd make such a big deal out of it for what would just be a website update with the mascots. I'm willing to bet we'll get a trailer similar to X/Y's reveal. Would also explain why the potential trademarks for the starters/legendaries were placed so close together.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
  • I'm willing to bet this will be an "actual" reveal for the games (like, with gameplay, mascots, starters), as Masuda RT'ed every regions "new info may 10th!" tweet, and wrote on his blog "Sorry for making everyone wait, big news may 10th!"

While I think mascots are basically guaranteed at this point, I can't imagine they'd make such a big deal out of it for what would just be a website update with the mascots. I'm willing to bet we'll get a trailer similar to X/Y's reveal. Would also explain why the potential trademarks for the starters/legendaries were placed so close together.

The retweets definitely seem suspicious now that I'm thinking about it, so like you said we might be expecting a lot of basic stuff to come out if they drop a trailer like X/Y when those games were first announced. With the recent leaked Japanese names of the mascot legendaries and starters floating around on the internet it seems likely.

Years

They once made a big deal of a Mewtwo event (Gen V)...and Volcanion... reshowing old footage of S/M's ann. Some didn't even see Magearna as big news. So their track record isn't good, especially since while it was Pokenchi and Corocoro that featured the stuff above, Masuda added to the hype.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The most important thing to remember: don't get too hyped up. We have been let down recently and although I know they wouldn't do it to us again it's good to be cautious.
    Always a good viewpoint imo. Lower expectations mean less hopes are dashed, and when actual news does come out you still end up pleased. Besides, the game won't be out for several months still, so there's plenty of time for information to come.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Even Nintendo of America's Twitter seems to be hyping it by reminding people they're a thing. Is it just me, or is it really weird that we just learned about this the day after they hold a "special event" at Nintendo NYC that prompted the closure of the whole second floor? What is on the second floor anyways, offices or something?

Years
  • Even Nintendo of America's Twitter seems to be hyping it by reminding people they're a thing. Is it just me, or is it really weird that we just learned about this the day after they hold a "special event" at Nintendo NYC that prompted the closure of the whole second floor? What is on the second floor anyways, offices or something?
    Not sure what the second floor has (my guess is games and rooms to play those games), but I do know that the place was originally called a "Pokémon Center" when it first opened until 2005.

However, the whatever went on there will apply to N.A.'s announcement, as Japan is usually the setting of the global sections of their Directs and stuff.

Years
  • How about decoluro island from pokemon unova I mean its tropical

I feel it was created exclusively for the anime and since that saga has now passed it's more unlikely to appear in the games, if not at all.

The most important thing to remember: don't get too hyped up. We have been let down recently and although I know they wouldn't do it to us again it's good to be cautious.

She has a point. We all know how much Game Freak have been trolling us with recent announcements that were claimed to be "big scoops" but ended up being very small reveals like Magearna and the upcoming Volcanion event. While we are hoping we get a decent amount of new information with this next piece of news, I still feel it'll probably be minimal and I'll think that they're playing with our minds.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Thinking more on it, I think that we may be getting more than just the boxart Legendaries(or starters, whatever they choose). The reason I'm thinking this is because of the Nintendo of America tweet that I mentioned earlier. I don't think Nintendo is particularly known for hyping individual Pokemon like what TPC and Game Freak do, so it wouldn't make sense to me for NoA to be hyping it up if it's only just the boxart Legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    It seems like they tried to balance the hype. first they did 4 days gap between the announcment (previous was 2 days), now they're mostly hiding Pokemon of America in this deal, with only Masuda twitting about this.

Most likely, this is not a gameplay. But we might get here box art and release date.

Years
  • Thinking more on it, I think that we may be getting more than just the boxart Legendaries(or starters, whatever they choose). The reason I'm thinking this is because of the Nintendo of America tweet that I mentioned earlier. I don't think Nintendo is particularly known for hyping individual Pokemon like what TPC and Game Freak do, so it wouldn't make sense to me for NoA to be hyping it up if it's only just the boxart Legendaries.
    I think the mascots are the only ones they've made such a big deal about in the past, but I might be wrong.

Back