• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokétch

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Pokétch, or Pokémon Watch for short, is a tool which assist you in many ways thanks to many useful apps that it got, and you can access it via Touch Screen, and you got one when you're able to answer the quizzes from 3 clowns in Jubilife City.

What's your thoughts on this handy watch? And which Pokétch apps is your favorite?

Years
  • I don't think I ever managed to get all the apps on the Pokétch on one file, there were always empty slots.

The 24 hour clock was probably my favourite app, since I could check the time without having to continously look at the trainer card for the time. And I liked the calculator too, it helped me do some of my Maths homework, before I bought a real calculator.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Digital Clock and the Friendship Checker were my favourites, having the time constantly available was fantastic cause normally I'm forever checking my phone to see the time lol :) The Friendship Checker was useful for obvious reasons haha but also I got a real kick out of seeing the sprites of my team just roaming about lol :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Outside of battles, there wasn't much for us to do with our second screen, and I believe this was a good way to utilize it--allow us access to apps with PokéTch, which could be used to garner information on certain things, such as Pokémon you have held in Daycare, which one of your team members love you more (especially helpful when evolving certain Pokémon via happiness, such as Golbat), and so forth.

My favorite would likely have to be the one where small sprites of my party members hover from here to there, which also tend to crash whenever they bump into each other and whatnot. I wish I were able to remember its name, but unfortunately, it looks like I'm not, haha. This could also be used to check how much they love you, I believe? Though, I definitely could be wrong, as it's been a long time since I had played these games.

Due to similar reasons as above, I was also fond of time-checker app; it was indeed handy!

Years
  • I remember being able to get a huge chunk of the apps on my Poketch when I played the games, my faves were the Friendship Checker, Pedometer (handy to use with the Vs. Seeker!), Day Care Checker and Digital Clock.

As Peitharchia said above, there wasn't much that the second screen of the DS could take advantage of, and the Poketch was a great way to optimize it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Day care checker and digital clock before u couldnt ever really check the time easily and u had to go all the way back to the daycare to check so these were incredibly handy i remember when each time u got a badge u could get a new app so i was always excited to get a new one i think in real life it would be really cool to own one!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Friendship checker and footstep counter were the best and my most favourite as they kept giving me updates on how far I am from evolving the pokemon that evolve through maximum happiness and the footstep counter for hatching an egg.

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Pokétch was one of my favourite things about D/P. It's apps were always very useful to me, especially the digital clock.

Back