• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Crystal Ocean

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
IzoZlhn.png

Introduction

Hi! I'd like to show you all my new project, Project II. Project II will take you, the player, back to the charming scene of Pokémon Crystal Version whilst providing additional content and various changes.

Storyline

Greetings, player! The world we live in is inhabited by live creatures known as Pokémon. Humans have lived, worked and played together with Pokémon harmoniously for ages. Nevertheless, there are still numerous mysteries surrounding them. Many scientists--such as Professor Elm of New Bark Town--have dedicated their lives to find out more about these strange and marvelous creatures.

Whilst busy with research, Professor Elm was in contact with Mr. Pokémon and they received word that a peculiar stone has been discovered. They were asked to run tests on it in Professor Elm's lab. Unfortunately, Professor Elm was far too busy to leave his lab, as was Mr. Pokémon, so he called a friend to help him--an ambitious young child from New Bark Town.

"This is very important! Please go an bring the stone to me from Mr. Pokémon," said Professor Elm. This child was always eager to help and agreed.

Before the child left, Professor Elm introduced them to 3 rare Pokémon and said, "You're going to want to take one of these Pokémon along with you." Without hesitation, they quickly ran to their Pokémon and went off.

Just then, they noticed there was an odd looking shadow lurking and peering through the window. It appeared to fit the shape of a boy about the same age as the kid, so they decided to go outside and talk to him. Right as they approached the boy, he pushed them away, shouting, "What are you looking at?!"

Who was this strange boy, and what significance does that stone have? You're about to find out...

Features

• Increased Difficulty (In comparison to GSC)
    I plan on, not only increasing levels, but changing trainers' rosters along with movesets and the like.
  • Side Quests
    Is the main story not enough for you? Plenty of additional content will be available!
  • Gym Leader Rematches/Reworked Teams
    Gym Leaders will act as bosses instead of slightly difficult trainers.
  • New areas!
    Additional content! Additional content! Additional content!
  • Realty!
    Houses will be scattered among the region available for purchase.
- Stay tuned for more! I want to show off planned features in upcoming updates. Just giving you all a taste.

Characters

• Ramos
    Spoiler:

Ramos is only the best (and only...) realtor in Johto, of course! Throughout the region there will be vacant houses up for sale. Once you purchase a home, you'll be able to purchase furniture from different vendors from the region (Along with certain gift items Wink) and decorate your home to however you like!

When he's not travelling across Johto selling houses to Pokémon Trainers, he trains at his home in Cianwood City. Not only is he an amazing salesman, but he prides himself in being an astounding Pokémon Trainer. With Persian being his prized Pokémon, the two are unstoppable. When you feel like you're ready to take him on, why not stop by his home gym and challenge him?

Screenshots

4EXM5ED.png
PYTAfJt.png
bfEKAqE.png
MjSbaGH.png
IRJELCS.png
4tbNEOL.png
K8EuaCR.png
9llz7xV.png
tygYamB.png
0uHkQix.png
6Ev8T6a.png
WFOYeVO.png
jHVp86G.png
iaJbfdE.png
atbJeNQ.png
ugmVohq.png
XvXDMJS.png
Ns4jPy9.png
68uM3sl.png
q4MWRRc.png
jHyGisa.png

Credits

Deuoen
Atomic Reactor
Gexeys
House of Balloons
Spherical Ice
Luka S.J.
Pokémon GSCPlatinum/Palladium
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
Pokémon Acanthite
Rocket Grandma
KleinStudio

FAQ that have never been FA

What about Auburn?
Auburn has unfortunately been put on hold for the time being until I figure out which direction I'd like to take with it.

What about Monster Garden?
I currently can't access the files on the harddrive that has the project on it, but once I get access to those I'll resume work on it.

Why are you mixing 5th Gen art on a 3rd Gen game?
I'm aiming for a more modernized 3rd generation game. You'll notice that by the character shadows, UI's, etc. I find that combinations are not always a bad thing!

Isn't balancing multiple projects a bad idea?
It can be yes! But I'm doing what I love. If you're feeling ambitious it should be put to use for whatever idea it is you have. So long as you stay equally dedicated to each project, you're golden.

This is a dumb idea. HG and SS already exist!
Johto is my favorite region along with GSC/HGSS being one of my favorite Pokémon games, but you're right! Project II isn't just an ordinary remake. The storyline revolves around Mega Evolution along with additional content.

How does this game differ from GSC and how does it differ from HGSS?
For starters, it differs from both of them due to the storyline revolving around Mega Evolution and all of the additional content (That will be showcased soon!).
I would say it differs more from HGSS by trying to stay as faithful to the originals as possible. Of course there will be changes to provide a breath of fresh air, but I also aim to induce nostalgia with every cutscene, map, event, etc.
As for differing from GSC, I'd like to fix the level scale and increase difficulty to provide a challenge.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I 100% support this, it looks so amazing, I can see nothing wrong, or nothing to recommend going over.
So, well done, and good luck continuing this ~

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
GSC were my favorite games, I can't anticipate a fresh take on them enough (especially with updated mechanics). I'll be keeping a close eye on this!

Is this project going to contain any pokemon outside of the first 250?

Cilerba

Years
I 100% support this, it looks so amazing, I can see nothing wrong, or nothing to recommend going over.
So, well done, and good luck continuing this ~

Much appreciated thank you.

GSC were my favorite games, I can't anticipate a fresh take on them enough (especially with updated mechanics). I'll be keeping a close eye on this!

Is this project going to contain any pokemon outside of the first 250?

Thanks! I may include some event legendaries but as of right now it's just Kanto & Johto.

----------------------------------------------------------------

HqYoz7V.png

Let's just see how well this ends for you.

WJkMsy7.png

Also a bit of a teaser for the next major update. ;)​

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I've always admired your art style and this project is no exception. The blend of third and fifth gen graphics looks fine, and the UIs are amazing.

Cilerba

Years
I've always admired your art style and this project is no exception. The blend of third and fifth gen graphics looks fine, and the UIs are amazing.

Thanks a bunch!

--------------------------

I've decided to change the project's name to Pokémon Crystal Ocean!

odfTKkJ.png

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
The change of name is perfect, and I adore the new screenshots.
Can't wait for more!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
The game looks absolutely amazing! :) Johto is my favorite region so I am definitely looking forward to playing your game.

Back