• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition!

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
  • Just PM'd my entry, too. I kinda had to really make myself sit down and finish it.

I quite liked the prompt, but I don't have a one-shot brain. I kept thinking, Well, I could use this in a later chapter... Oh wait. So I'm not sure if I pulled it off all that well.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Fwoosh, just in time, too! PM'd to all three of the mods and finished beforehand. Now, the twiddling of thumbs that comes naturally before the announcements of the victors, no?

Bay

Years
  • Elite Overlord LeSabre, Scarf, and DayDream, and Townes, we got your entries in!

Everyone else, you got a little over seven and a half hours from this post to turn in your entries! Get to finishing writing your stories!

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Finally done @~@ I'm not a short story writer, so trying to get it done on a deadline was definitely pushing it.

Anyway, I hope you like it ^.^'

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    Suuuper last minute but I got mine sent. It's really short so hopefully you're not too upset to get this one entry in right before the deadline. XD

I actually wasn't planning on entering but I was suddenly struck with an idea about three hours ago and got to work (and also made an account here :P ). I'm not totally happy with it but there wasn't a whole lot of time for fine tuning.

Good luck to everyone!

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • After writing this in between certain other obligations, I've finally managed to finish, and I've sent it. I hope that I didn't miss the deadline. The time zone converter better not have lied. >_>

Good luck! (b'')b

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • All recieved! And there's less than one hour left so... don't be late if there are any other writers. =p

I suspect you may need to be patient as we now have 19 entries, by far the best turnout for these competitions. Needless to say judging this all will take some time. ;p

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Aaaaand with only 47 minutes to spare, I am reporting that my entry has been sent! (I love living in the official time zone, ha ha.)

Now it's time for the good old waiting game. (Don't nag the judges, folks. They no likey. ;D ) May the best writer win!

Bay

Years
  • So is it just kind of a "The results will be posted when we say so!" type thing? x3
    Well, considering we got a lot of entries to look through, it's going to us a bit. However, since for the Get Together the results have to be posted soon, we might be able to get them done in a week or two.

Edit: And icomeanon6, we got your entry in!

'kay folks, around 40 more minutes to turn in your entries! GO GO GO GO GO~

Anddddddd the contest is now closed! We're not accepting entries anymore after this!

I want to thank everyone who have turned in their entries on time! The judges will now look through the stories and sorting out the scores. We'll get the results in as soon as possible!

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Sorry about the late entry. As I explained in the PM, I was not able to even get onto Pokecommunity.com I kept trying, over and over, but it said that there was a "stunfisk" and that the server was too busy. I don't like to make excuses, but I simply wasn't able to submit the writing, although I had it done an hour ahead of time. Thank you for considering my request.

Bay

Years
  • Sorry about the late entry. As I explained in the PM, I was not able to even get onto Pokecommunity.com I kept trying, over and over, but it said that there was a "stunfisk" and that the server was too busy. I don't like to make excuses, but I simply wasn't able to submit the writing, although I had it done an hour ahead of time. Thank you for considering my request.
    That's all right. The downtime seemed to strike at the right moment. PERFECT TIMING. @_@ Heck, it's taking a while for this post to load. x_x Like I said to you in PM, though, I'll talk to bobandbill and see if he's fine with it/will add your name in the list of entrants.

Okay, because my last post was merged...the contest is now closed! We're not accepting entries anymore!

(Again) I want to thank everyone who have turned in their entries on time! The judges will now look through the stories and sorting out the scores. We'll get the results in as soon as possible!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yep, we noticed the downtime started about a half-hour before the end time for the contest. -_- Typical PC. So your entry is accepted, -ty- (it was only received just after the database started 'recovering' anyway so it would have been within the time anyway I believe and all).

So yeah, OFFICIALLY CLOSED NOW! TWENTY-ONE ENTRIES! Good work people, that's easily a record imo. As said, we'll be done with judging when we're done with it in-between our usual lives and duties and whatnot, but hopefully it will not take that long. =) Remember only to post your entry after scores are released or you will be disqualified.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • . . . curses. I would have made it into the contest too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Dude, it's been maybe five hours. There's almost no way the judges could have read, reviewed, critically judged and compared all twenty-one fics in that time period, let alone collated their findings to decide on a winner. Just hold off a while . . .

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The results would be good to see :)
    Uh... The contest just closed last night. It's going to take time for the judges just to read through all the fics, never mind scoring them and reviewing them.

Unless you want us to pick the winner randomly and not have fair results.

The results will be posted when the judges are done. Which will take time.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Unless you want us to pick the winner randomly and not have fair results.

Um... Yes please? :D

No, but in all seriousness, I appreciate it'll take time. Just hoping it won't take too long. But I'm not the type to badger.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    So is everyone fairly happy with their entries? :P

Ehhh, I got the idea just hours before the competition ended so I didn't get as much time as I would have liked. Also, it seems very similar to something I've done before (and if I'm being honest, it's kind of a lesser version).

However, I still like it and think it's decent. It was fun to write. :) I just wish I could've taken the time to really work it over and make it perfect.

Back