• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will ever get one ultimate version?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    As a kid, I loved RBY. The Orange Islands came on the TV and seeing a new region was brilliant. Then Johto blew my mind. When I could travel to Kanto in GSC after defeating the Johto League I couldn't get enough of it, despite there always seeming to be a hole where the Orange Islands should have been.
    We've then lost the ability to travel to two regions in one game (except HGSS, copying the idea from GSC), so do you think we'll ever see more than one region again? Would anyone like to see it?

Sticking with the animé love from a kid, I'd love to see a Yellow remake, where it is based on the TV show with maybe Brock/Misty/May etc travelling with you through all 6 regions. Maybe also, where you have to Box your squad before each new region and start with their starters, like Ash does, and can retrieve your previously strong Pokemon after certain gym leaders etc.?

I don't even know if 3DS cartridges could hold that much data, but games like GTA on colsoles seem huge so maybe they could do it on the Wii?

Any thoughts?

I was going to point out the vast amount of data that would be required, more so now than in HGSS because the graphics have been significantly overhauled. I don't think it's impossible, though. Especially if they re-use some assets, or try and find some that would span multiple regions (water, for instance. That's pretty much the same in every game. Grass, too. Maybe not trees or flowers so much, but there are definitely some assets that could be reused from one region to another). Is it likely? I don't really know. I'm leaning toward not-so-likely. I'd still like to see it, though.

And I'm with you on the Yellow remake/reimagining. I'd love that.

I think it would be cool if we had a game where we go through all the regions similar to how Ash does in the anime. Sure you would have to box your Pokemon between regions, or just increase the level cap which is what I would prefer. Then you can also have partners that travel with you like Brock and Misty except you won't see them while you walk around but they'll be there in cut scenes. A separate section in the menu would have to be added, I guess it would be called companions or something, where you can look at your travel companions info and the Pokemon in their teams. Hope that makes sense :P

Anyway that's my idea :)

I think it's something every Pokemon fan wants to see, but I can't see it being implemented for a while. How do you follow that from a business perspective? You go from a game with several regions and over 700 Pokemon to... What? A game with the same regions and Pokemon, but with one added? I suppose you could always make it into a massive game and give it DLC or something, as new regions came out.

A yellow remake would be a phenomenal idea, though, and I'm surprised they haven't gotten around to it already.

I've got pretty much the same feeling about a "mega game" as Asariond does- once you put all your chips on the table with a game incorporating all the past versions, where do you go from there? And more importantly, if fans got the game with everything they wanted in it, why would anyone want to buy the newer versions of the game?

I'm not saying that it won't ever happen, but a game like this seems like a last ditch effort to save the franchise if it were to fall on hard times, and as far as sales and revenue are concerned, they're nowhere close to that point yet.

I feel that Yellow is the next natural remake. All regions are currently on DS/3DS except for a aka to based game. Blue and Red remakes would seem odd as they already have remakes so a Yellow would make sense. Also the amount of Pikachu marketing would make it a huge success.

I agree with the point that an Ultimate Version makes no sense from a business perspective. Like you say it would be a last ditch save, or as I would hope, a final goodbye and thank you to the fans of the franchise ended.

Difficult to say. Nintendo is definitely not going to allow such a version to happen and GF thinks about their games as more of a social game, where you have to interact with other players in order to do certain tasks (battles, Pokedex completion). There might be a chance, if Nintendo decides that Pokemon isn't worth it anymore, being developed, because then GF could just go Kickstarter. Only problem of that: copyright

Much like games like Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee being spiritual successors to Castlevania and Banjo-Kazooie, it would probably be in a similar style like Pokemon, just under a different name and with different creatures.

Although, since the series is still popular, that's not going to happen anytime soon; but if it actually happens, then people at least don't need to complain about the game not being on a home console/PC, anymore. {XD}

Back