• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Evolving cute, weak Pokemon into big, strong Pokemon: Good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I can't decide whether or not to evolve my Pikachu and my Clefairy.
They're in the top 10 cutest Pokemon, in my opinion.
But... they aren't as strong as I would like.
Should I:
A. Just train them more, more, more!!
B. Evolve them.
I do think Raichu are cute, but... it's just not the same as Pikachu!
And I don't really think Clefable are that cute.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
Years
in my oppinion clefable r cuter than clefary so ill evolve it.

plus if u dont evolve them then ull miss alot of stat power. if ur aming to win then evolve. of coarse u can just train as crazy as possible and go to elite 4 with pkmn of at least lv. 78+. as long as ur 10 lv.s higher than dragonite ur a bit ok, not 100% but good enough to survive alittle b4 gary.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
ingame purposes: anything that is not called Magikarp/Feebas, and has more than 10 moves as a total sum of moves for the movepool (wobbuffet/wynaut exceptional) can win...

netbattle purposes: it better have high stats (not necessary ubars though, and don't use metal chicken or the egg) or you better turn on lvl balance

Years
Shelgon is better than salamance at some points. it dont matter if you evolve it. i wouldnt. you can still win with out evolving.

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
Years
Well, if it's an ingame team that's just for fun, keep 'em weak and cute. Once you level them up enough, it won't really matter. I happen to like Raichu and Clefable, but that's me personally. You can always decide to evolve them later, escpecially since they're stone-evolved, you can evolve them even after they make it to lvl100.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
Years
as someone already said.... if its a ROM or just in-game team... it doesn't matter what you really do.

but if its a team ur gonna battle other ppl with..... id say you evolve it.. but Clefable shall never make it to my 92%-NetBattle team XD

*jacks out with MaxMan*

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
Personally, I've always trained the pokemon I like. IE: I like Kingler, but hate Krabby. So I train krabby like crazy till I get kingler. I hate Venusaur, and Ivysaur, so I never evolve my Bulbasaurs. I just pick the pokemon I like, and train'm. Power's never been a major point of mine. Or defence, or other stuff.
Which do you like better, it sounds like Pikachu+Clefairy...so just train'm like crazy!

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 18, 2005
No offence, bu twhy dont you just get eggs of them?
train those up
and evolve them at a low level.
Evolve the clefable, I think Raichu sucks Personally!. Its weak, dosent leanr much, and my pikachu beats them easilly...no offence, I dont like them...
Clefable, Powerful and cute. If you evolve one. do it to clefabele. But its youre decision.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Seto_girl said:
No offence, bu twhy dont you just get eggs of them?
train those up
and evolve them at a low level.
Evolve the clefable, I think Raichu sucks Personally!. Its weak, dosent leanr much, and my pikachu beats them easilly...no offence, I dont like them...
Clefable, Powerful and cute. If you evolve one. do it to clefabele. But its youre decision.
in terms of the gameboy in theory, Raichu > Pikachu unless there's level balance... Pikachu does have the light ball, but Raichu is faster and can surf as well to wipe PIkachu out too quickly.

However, if it's ingame... well anything can win then XD

Nothing is wrong with keeping Pikachu/Pichu, but I just felt like pointing it out regarding the strength point

katty

what's^?
Years
you should look them up in the guide book, it tells you which move they learn at what level. you can also breed them and just level up and evolve clefairy and pikachu.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
Years
in red/blue/yellow/green raichu is pretty useles if you evolve it fast..... you need to teach it all the attacks by wasting TMs on it....... u'll have to teach all the attacks in Pikachu stage.... then.......

i think that its not the same with FR/LG...... hehs mine is 100% pure sharked raichu..... u won't see will-o-wisp on a normal raichu XD

*jacks out with MaxMan*

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Pikachu I know can be strong, if you have the right attacks. I'm not sure about Clefairy, since I don't use them, but you ultimately make the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back