• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Fails!

FFX383

Pokemon Master
Years
Wondering if anybody has experienced the same thing, I just accidentally traded my lucky egg away :( Epic Fail...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
I havnt acitly traded away in item that was good or i needed but cant say i havnt done that on pervious gens....... >.>

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I got a Luvdisc on Wonder Trade and I have a problem of not looking for items when I'm Wonder Trading and noticed it had a Heart Scale as I was sending it away. It upset me. I need lots of Heart Scales. :(

Years
I got a Luvdisc on Wonder Trade and I have a problem of not looking for items when I'm Wonder Trading and noticed it had a Heart Scale as I was sending it away. It upset me. I need lots of Heart Scales. :(

If you're looking for a lot of Heart Scales, just teach a pokemon Thief and use Old Rod at Cyllage City to battle Luvdiscs and watch the Heart Scales roll in.

PS. make sure said pokemon isn't holding an item already. If your pokemon steals the heart scale, it will automatically tell you in battle.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
Atully theres another way to get Heart Scales too. If you used the Pokemon Global Link, you can send in the pokemiles you ern thu trading and buy them with the points on the site. You just have to syce you game then buy the item and sync agian to get it ingame. Thu sycing can be a bit of a pain as it always seems to be busy :/

Guy

just a guy
Years
I haven't had any trade fails in my past, but I'm sure there are many others in the Trade Corner forum who have experienced such a disaster.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I totally couldn't find my Everstone today. I either traded it on accident or stupidly sent something though Wonder Trade... :(

Good thing I can steal some from wild Roggenrola.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i used to always trade away my EXP-share but that's no longer a problem so... nothing has really happened yet in X-Y, though someone failed on the other end because he/she traded away there gardevoir with its megastone through wonder trade.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I traded away a marine pattern Vivillon with a good nature, Now I'm stuck with a crappy one instead.
... I can only get continental ones myself...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've accidentally put up shiny/legendary Pokemon on GTS while cloning an uncountable amount of times. I'm a bit paranoid about that, so I usually ask for something impossible to avoid losing them (like a level 9 and under Mewtwo).
I also accidentally traded away my first ever RNG'd Pokemon (a shiny Eevee) because I had forgotten that it was the first. I just remembered that it had poor IVs and I would never really use it. D:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I traded a Haunter and a Kadabra and a Pumpkaboo all with everstones. I got Phantump on wonder trade. I traded for Kadabra but I looked for a Beldum and someone wanted Treavenant. I got so mad. I also traded a Lucario for a Riolu because someone wanted a Riolu for a Pumpkaboo. I traded my Blazicken on wonder trade and Yvetal and Delphox and all my good ones because I was restarting my game. I wanted to make someone happy.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I recently traded my Xerneas for a shiny Clauncher on the GTS. It was only after the trade had started that I remembered chain fishing is a thing, and shiny Clauncher is pretty much worthless. I tried to turn my communications switch off, but it was too late by then.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Aw, man. Tradevos with everstones? ---- move =/

I actually like getting trade evos with Everstones. Cause that just means I get more Everstones! :D

When I managed to get my shiny Pumpkaboo off the GTS it came with an Everstone. And tbh, shiny Pumpkaboo > shiny Gourgeist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I recently traded my Xerneas for a shiny Clauncher on the GTS. It was only after the trade had started that I remembered chain fishing is a thing, and shiny Clauncher is pretty much worthless. I tried to turn my communications switch off, but it was too late by then.

Try putting it back up for another Xerneas. Even though shiny fishables are very common, I do see shiny Claunchers get taken for XY legendaries.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
I have also fell victim to the lucky egg fail, I miss that thing like mad :( haha! I have also entered my charizard with charizardite x, lucky I managed to switch off the 3DS in time or i would have more or likely have started again xD

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Thankfully haven't WT'd away any items yet. I always take a long pause and review the Pokemon I'm selecting to trade. I usually empty my party and put a bunch of pokes that I am going to trade on the roster and don't scroll over to my PC boxes at all.

Nice to hear that people trade legends for a shiny... maybe I'll try to get some shiny Pokemon from a friend safari and put them up for the other two bird legends I am missing :)

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I had a epic wonder trade fail. I got a Charmander in wonder trade, and then put it back in wonder trade because I had a lot of Charmanders. at the last second I realised it had a Charizardnite X on it :( :( :( I'm sad now.
I thought you couldn't trade megastones on Wondertrade.

Back